PDA

View Full Version : Cross post requested, help badly needed.

jenluckenbach
08-22-2007, 06:03 PM
It is a tragically sad story when a no-kill SPCA is so overwhelmed that they may need to make the HORRIBLE decision to begin to euthanize. :(

Please view this plea for help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h0fjF7MuEg

And check out their website.

http://hillsidespca.com/

catmandu
08-22-2007, 06:17 PM
That is awful news , but I have the feeling that this is going to happen more and more in the future. Its sad but there are a lot of shelters that are automatically PTS Pets older than 3.
Even the Animal Welfare Assc. is having thier worst year ever adopting Cats and are no longer taking in Cats at all.
Even the Kittens they have are not being chosen.

jazzcat
08-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh gosh, that is just heartbreaking! So many cats. :(

Freedom
08-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I recently read that cats in our area, who would normally have 2 litters per year, are now having 3 per year due to the warmer temps. I WISH I could remember where I saw it, to get the link!

It is just so sad and overwhelming.

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2007, 11:35 PM
This is so sad.:( I hope that they'll be able to get the help that they need.

Medusa
08-23-2007, 07:54 AM
I'll admit to not having watched the video. My heart just can't take it today. Knowing that anything I do won't even make a dent just breaks my heart. People just don't get how important it is to alter their cats so the cat population grows and suffers as a result. This is just so sad and frustrating and it makes me angry.

Anikaca77
08-23-2007, 09:15 AM
This is so sad. I wish I could but with 5 already and my older cat with anixety issues. It's just so sad. When will people learn they need to spay/neuter.

Melissa

moosmom
08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
I'll admit to not having watched the video. My heart just can't take it today. Knowing that anything I do won't even make a dent just breaks my heart. People just don't get how important it is to alter their cats so the cat population grows and suffers as a result. This is just so sad and frustrating and it makes me angry

I'm with you Medusa. I started to watch the video but had to stop because I was crying to bad.

I just wish the insanity would stop and people do the right thing and SPAY/NEUTER their animals.

Anikaca77
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
that video...man I'm at work and have tears in my eyes.

I'll try to forward this to everyone I know in hopes that we can save a few cats before they have to make this decision.

Catty1
08-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Bump

mike001
08-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Our SPCA just changed to a no kill policy on friday. I hope this doesn't happen to them.

G535
08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
So sad that there are too many unwanted cats and no real solutions for the problem. Wish I could help but I'm too far away. I had to wait a few weeks before our shelter had any cats at all and there were only four there when I got Patrick Henry.

jenluckenbach
08-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Bump.