PDA

View Full Version : Joke Threads

jackie
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi, I don't want to complain, but the dog house is over run with joke threads.

I like a laugh as much as the next person, but lately this part of PT is only email forwards, and it is pushing the rest of the topics down before they can be read.

Would we be able to confine the jokes to one single thread?

lizbud
08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
For what it's worth, I agree with you. Combining them into one makes a lot of sense. :)

Lately it seems like one person creates 8-10 threads at the same time which
also shoves all the others down faster. It's easy to miss other peoples who
we could respond to if we'd seen them. Posting so many at once seems sort
of selfish in my opinion.

critter crazy
08-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I can honestly say I am not bothered by it! I Think a good laugh does everyone some good. It wouldnt be all that interesting if they were all crammed into one Thread!! Think of how big that thread would be?? Seems kind of pointless to me!

Cinder & Smoke
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
... bypassing all of those news threads that are posted by Lizbud
that have mainly been read by most people the day before.

:(

Hey Womby ...

THAT was a bit harsh!

Let's all *lighten up* a wee bit and respect differing opinions.

/s/ Phred

Alysser
08-21-2007, 09:57 PM

I like a laugh as much as the next person, but lately this part of PT is only email forwards, and it is pushing the rest of the topics down before they can be read.

I agree 100% with this. Thanks for posting it.

G535
08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe a separate section for jokes will keep everyone happy. :)

Catty1
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Well - how about a Sticky like the Prayer thread in General? I think it would be neat to have a storehouse of humour and jokes! That would be a real centrepiece...er, as much as it can at the TOP of a page! :p

Wonder what Karen might think?

Or split up a few between General and here. :)

Alysser
08-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Yah.......... well Phred......I was called selfish old mate.
If that is her opinion of me, then perhaps she should just put me on ignore, and then there won't be any bother....eh ??? ;)
Wom

Uh technically, she actually said ONE PERSON. NOT you directly. ;)

lunasmom
08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I think the jokes are fun...I enjoy reading them when I sign on.

Catty1
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Okay, this is splitting hairs...but just because a person thinks a behaviour/action is selfish does not mean they think the person is! :)

Beeg difference!

crow_noir
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I agree.

My main tiff though is that they aren't labeled as a Joke or a Forward.

critter crazy
08-21-2007, 11:07 PM
So what is the deal?? the fact that the jokes came from Forwarded e-mails?? what difference does that make?? :confused:

Pam
08-22-2007, 02:41 AM
I think the original post should have probably gone to Karen in a PM as a suggestion and let her decide if it is a good idea. I enjoy the jokes and I have no problem with a joke thread, as we have had them before. I think Liz might have used a word other than "selfish," and that is why this thread got heated. If I was posting the jokes I certainly would have been offended by that. I find it easy to scroll through bunches of posts. I do it everyday.

CathyBogart
08-22-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm really glad this thread was posted. That's not what the dog house was made for, and it irritates me that so many pop up every day. What's wrong with having one joke thread rather than dozens of them with one joke each??

jackmilliesmom
08-22-2007, 03:28 AM
Everyone needs a little humour and at the moment some more than others. As for the complaint about missing out on threads there is more than one page on each section, General, Dog House, Dog Games - you get my drift I read through every page and and read most threads and then post if I feel the need to. So the problem here is that these people do not want to have to read any further than the first page of a section.

Jokes are good and healthy to laugh at and we need them some people only have the computer to talk to and therefore this is their way of communicating and they need humour the same as the rest of us get in our day to day contact with others.

Think about it..........................

barncat
08-22-2007, 05:49 AM
I like the jokes. It is nice to find something to smile about.... so much of the world is taken up by complaining, some laughs are good.

Ginger's Mom
08-22-2007, 05:53 AM
No need to give up laughing. For all of you who indicate you need a good laugh, in just two minutes I was able to find a whole page of joke websites. Here (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Joke+websites&btnG=Google+Search) is the Google page. I wonder if they will allow people to start filling up their pages with pictures of their furkids. For those that only have their computer as a way to communicate, maybe they can do more internet searches for their various needs, there really is a world of options out there.

jackie
08-22-2007, 06:24 AM
WOW, I am glad that someone quoted Wombat so I could see his rude posts before he deleted them. Some people need to stop and think before they type.

I didn't mean for this thread to become a battle, and I didn't pm Karen directly because I wanted to see everyone's opinions on the subject.

I used to come to the dog house to see friendly debate on current affairs. One of the only debate forums I have found on the net where people could agree to disagree, and for the most part it was DRAMA FREE.

It was the first forum, i checked when I logged in, now I barely even check it.

JMO

jackie
08-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Well - how about a Sticky like the Prayer thread in General? I think it would be neat to have a storehouse of humour and jokes! That would be a real centrepiece...er, as much as it can at the TOP of a page! :p

Great idea. :)

jackie
08-22-2007, 06:31 AM
OK, I just noticed that Wom has deleted all of his threads and posts.

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Sorry to post 3x, but its still the am and I haven't had coffee.

Randi
08-22-2007, 06:54 AM
There IS a joke thread, in fact several! It's just that some people can't be bothered to search for them. It's not that difficult to go to the joke thread and open the last page, is it?

Lately it seems like one person creates 8-10 threads at the same time which also shoves all the others down faster. It's easy to miss other peoples who we could respond to if we'd seen them.
This is exactly the problem, you have to wade through so much before you find the threads you want.

Oh, and one thing that irritates me is that some are posting 2-3 posts right under each other - you know, it's possible to EDIT!

Pam
08-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Some people need to stop and think before they type.

And you are not exempt from your own advice. It's a sad day when someone is criticized for trying to make people smile. This place is slowly getting to be too much for me. :(

Randi
08-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Pam, I think we all like a good joke, but when you open Today's Posts and see 10-15 joke threads started by the same person, some of us think it's just a little too much. ;)

Pam
08-22-2007, 07:08 AM
Pam, I think we all like a good joke, but when you open Today's Posts and see 10-15 joke threads started by the same person, some of us think it's just a little too much. ;)

I am not arguing with anyone about that. However, people forget that it is KAREN'S job to moderate the board. I wish PMs were used more often. Did anyone ever PM the person who was starting those threads? No, they chose to play moderator and see what others thought. I'm sorry, but that is Karen's job IMHO.

Whisk_Luva
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
OK, I just noticed that Wom has deleted all of his threads and posts.

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Ever thought there might be a reason for it?

Wom says hes left pet talk. :(

jackie
08-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Randi, point taken about the triple post. :p Will be sure to use the edit button in the future.

And you are not exempt from your own advice. It's a sad day when someone is criticized for trying to make people smile. This place is slowly getting to be too much for me. :(

I didn't criticize anyone, I wasn't rude to anyone, I gave a suggestion. Sorry if it offended you. I did say why i didn't pm Karen about it, I wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were on the matter.

I am not choosing to play moderator by any means. Isn't my opinion valid?

Ever thought there might be a reason for it?

Wom says hes left pet talk.

He has left pet talk because of this thread? :confused:

Whisk_Luva
08-22-2007, 07:19 AM
He has left pet talk because of this thread? :confused:

As far as I know, yes

Pam
08-22-2007, 07:20 AM
I didn't criticize anyone, I wasn't rude to anyone, I gave a suggestion. Sorry if it offended you. Isn't my opinion valid?

You started the thread off with *I don't want to complain* but that's what it was, wasn't it? Sure looked like a complaint to me.

I have been here 7 years and have seen lots of heated posts, mostly about politics and religion. To think that anyone would find fault publicly with someone over a joke thread is amazing to me.

If Wom has indeed left it is Pet Talk's loss and I hope everyone has learned a lesson. If he has deleted his posts and jokes that is his option. I know there are people here who will disagree, but IMHO a person's posts belong to them. If they want to delete them so be it.

jackie
08-22-2007, 07:25 AM
You started the thread off with *I don't want to complain* but that's what it was, wasn't it? Sure looked like a complaint to me.

I have been here 7 years and have seen lots of heated posts, mostly about politics and religion. To think that anyone would find fault publicly with someone over a joke thread is amazing to me.

If Wom has indeed left it is Pet Talk's loss and I hope everyone has learned a lesson. If he has deleted his posts and jokes that is his option. I know there are people here who will disagree, but IMHO a person's posts belong to them. If they want to delete them so be it.

It was a suggestion, which you are turning into a debate. I have no problem with a joke thread, its just the sheer amount of them.

I don't understand why you are becoming so angry over it. :(

maddy4
08-22-2007, 07:27 AM
What a fine introduction to Pet of the Day!

"Where humor is concerned there are no standards - no one can say what is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will."
John Kenneth Galbraith

Karen
08-22-2007, 07:55 AM
A. Wombat didn't delete ALL his threads and posts, just recent "joke" threads, about which people had complained.

B. Whether or not anyone stays or goes should not be a matter of public speculation, it's just not polite.

C. In the future, when in doubt, PM me first, okay?

K9soul
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I read some of them and enjoyed and got a laugh. I understand wanting to post and share and see what others may comment on it. It's a shame a compromise couldn't be reached, perhaps a "jokes of the day" thread to combine them into a new thread each day, I think that may have been satisfactory for both sides of the issue. I guess often when someone feels singled out or criticized they tend to dig in their heels rather than give way a bit. It's a shame he felt he must leave the board but that was his decision and no one else responsible for it. Maybe he'll reconsider, it really is a minor issue that would be easy to compromise on, in my opinion.

jackmilliesmom
08-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Hello there good quote!!!! You should introduce yourself on introductions by the way!!!!

What a fine introduction to Pet of the Day!

"Where humor is concerned there are no standards - no one can say what is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will."
John Kenneth Galbraith

maddy4
08-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Q) What do you call an elephant wearing pink earmuffs and a dress?
A) Anything you want, it can't hear you.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z189/maddy4_photos/funny%20people/lindawig.jpg

Thanks...I just introduced myself in the appropriate category I think.
Is this the JOKES section???????

jackmilliesmom
08-22-2007, 08:17 AM
No particular jokes section but we post on it all the same. So the elephant can't hear us huh??? you sure about that - they have pretty big ears you know...
Q) What do you call an elephant wearing pink earmuffs and a dress?
A) Anything you want, it can't hear you.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z189/maddy4_photos/funny%20people/lindawig.jpg

Thanks...I just introduced myself in the appropriate category I think.
Is this the JOKES section???????

maddy4
08-22-2007, 08:35 AM
WHAT HAS 4 LEGS, IS BIG, GREEN, FURRY, & IF IT FELL OUT OF A TREE WOULD KILL YOU?
A POOL TABLE.

maddy4
08-22-2007, 08:50 AM
A grasshopper walks into a saloon. The bartender stares in amazement as the grasshopper says, "I'd like a drink, please."
The bartender's jaw drops. He's finally able to say, "Did you know we have a drink named after you?"
The grasshopper replies, "You have a drink named Irving?"

jackmilliesmom
08-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Love them "Irving" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Hahaha!!!!! Very funny!:D

Good one!

RedHedd
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I just don't read them - easy enough. I've already seen most of them anyway.

lizbud
08-22-2007, 12:37 PM
It was a suggestion, which you are turning into a debate. I have no problem with a joke thread, its just the sheer amount of them.

I don't understand why you are becoming so angry over it. :(

Frankly I don't either but, everyone is entitled to an opinion. :)

As to Wom leaving, not to worry folks, I believe he's alive & well and posting under another name now.

I certainly did not mean to start a big fuss ,but only wanted to hear other's
thoughts on the matter.I hope we are all big enough to talk over any subject
without getting all bent out of shape over it. :)

king2005
08-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I like the dog house as is... Its NOT hard to find the news threads & to know when there has been a reply (its called getting an email or clicking on User CP ;) )... A lot of the jokes have adult content, so they BELONG in this section.

I didn't get to read any of todays jokes yet either :(

Wommy come back!!!!
I need my fix of silly jokes, & they need to be under the name Wom not another username ;)

I haven't checked yet, but those Question jokes better not be gone!!! I LOVE the replies Wom gives me hehehe

WOMMY!!! here wommy wommy wommy!!!

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Having one thread for one joke didn't bother me at all, but if we have a joke thread it will be less crowed with threads in the dog house.

Wom why have you left? Come back! PLEASE!!!

king2005
08-22-2007, 01:30 PM
without the joke threads the dog house would be dull again... theres like what? 5 news or rant threads /day & 5 or so joke threads/day... its not really that bad, as most of the joke threads have a few replies to them, so they don't get bumbed that often. They just make for a good read.

The news threads that people care about get bumped often as they get a lot of replies, so at the end of the day, they are at the top anyways... I personally have not had an issue finding the very few new news threads /day...

There are so many better things to be complaining about, yet here we are complaining about something so silly that its really sad...

WOMMY!!!!!!

buttercup132
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm really glad this thread was posted. That's not what the dog house was made for, and it irritates me that so many pop up every day. I agree, I'm glad someone finally said this! The dog house isn't for posting jokes, if anything they should be posted in general.
As to Wom leaving, not to worry folks, I believe he's alive & well and posting under another name now.
Would this be that Maddy4?

CathyBogart
08-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Wait wait - how come people aren't stewing about a dozen deleted threads and starting threads about how rude it is to delete threads? :p

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree, I'm glad someone finally said this! The dog house isn't for posting jokes, if anything they should be posted in general.

I agree. General would be better to post jokes because Dog House is for news. But jokes should be in one thread. Keep it less confusing.

Wom, where ever you are! Come back!

Alysser
08-22-2007, 05:05 PM
NO!! We don't want General flooded either. I wish we could just have one "joke thread". I don't see the need to flood one forum if there is a the simple solution of curbing it to one thread. it's even been done before.

critter crazy
08-22-2007, 05:09 PM
NO!! We don't want General flooded either. I wish we could just have one "joke thread". I don't see the need to flood one forum if there is a the simple solution of curbing it to one thread. it's even been done before.
who is we??? Mouse in your pocket??

I guess the only way to realy solve this is to just forget about having a laugh!! Geesh, why must everything be so darn dramatic??? Make a section just for jokes, then and you all just just avoid that section, if you wish!

So much for this being a place to re-lax, and have a good time with friends!:rolleyes:

ratdogg
08-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Wait wait - how come people aren't stewing about a dozen deleted threads and starting threads about how rude it is to delete threads? :p

i got crucified for deleting a thread :)

Alysser
08-22-2007, 05:33 PM

I guess the only way to realy solve this is to just forget about having a laugh!! Geesh, why must everything be so darn dramatic??? Make a section just for jokes, then and you all just just avoid that section, if you wish!

So much for this being a place to re-lax, and have a good time with friends!:rolleyes:

Wow, geesh, I didn't mean to make anyone mad. I was simply posting my opinion which apparently is wrong. I NEVER said we could just forget a laugh. What, so all the people who are fine with having joke threads flood a forum are happy, but what about the rest of the people who don't want that to happen? they have to leave? I am just suggesting one thread would make everyone happy, I don't know why you have to be so rude to me when I was simply posting a suggestion. I wasn't being dramatic in anyway. "WE" is pettalkers who don't want the forums flooded by jokes.

I enjoy joke threads and such but I come here to read news to. Geesh, sorry for living. :(

critter crazy
08-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Wow, geesh, I didn't mean to make anyone mad. I was simply posting my opinion which apparently is wrong. I NEVER said we could just forget a laugh. What, so all the people who are fine with having joke threads flood a forum are happy, but what about the rest of the people who don't want that to happen? they have to leave? I am just suggesting one thread would make everyone happy, I don't know why you have to be so rude to me when I was simply posting a suggestion. I wasn't being dramatic in anyway. "WE" is pettalkers who don't want the forums flooded by jokes.

I enjoy joke threads and such but I come here to read news to. Geesh, sorry for living. :(

We are all entiteld to our own opinions, but you just werent even up for suggestions!! You just said NO!! simple as that!! This is a public forum, with hundreds of members, who all have a right to say what should be done! YOU dont want to have to read through tons of threads, to see what you want, so Why do I have to wade through a Hundred page Thread to see a joke I like???? That is my Point!! Why do I have to suffer cause some are unhappy???

Would solve all the problems, if we just have a Joke Section! That way all of us funny people, can have our own spot, to humour our selves and eachother!

Alysser
08-22-2007, 05:46 PM
How do you know I wasn't UP FOR suggestions? YOU don't even KNOW me. Were you here with me?? NO. I said NO! because I thought putting a million jokes in General forum would FLOOD it again and cause the same problem. I am up for a Jokes thread/section whatever. I am a very open person and I only said NO because I don't want the General Forum flooded with jokes either. It will cause the same problem over again, and is that REALLY necessary? No, it's not.

It was a simple suggestion. If you don't like my posts, put me on your ignore list. I am sorry if I didn't realize that problem before, but I didn't think about it much.

Judging me by saying I wasn't open to opinions is really not necessary as you don't even know me.

critter crazy
08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
why is it the moment you dissagree with someone, you are automatically hated??? I never said I didnt like you?? So we dissagree, it is what people do last I knew!! Just cause people dissagree on something dosent mean I hate you or dont want anything to do with you. I wont oput you n ignore, cause I dont find it necessary, but if you would like to plce me on ignore go for it!! I am sure you are not the first, nor will be the last!:rolleyes:

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Would solve all the problems, if we just have a Joke Section! That way all of us funny people, can have our own spot, to humour our selves and eachother!

Exactly! Why is everyone fighting over a thread for jokes! This thread will actually make things neater and stop from over crowed a forum with jokes threads!!!

I guess the only way to realy solve this is to just forget about having a laugh!! Geesh, why must everything be so darn dramatic??? Make a section just for jokes, then and you all just just avoid that section, if you wish! So much for this being a place to re-lax, and have a good time with friends!http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

why is it the moment you dissagree with someone, you are automatically hated??? I never said I didnt like you?? So we dissagree, it is what people do last I knew!! Just cause people dissagree on something dosent mean I hate you or dont want anything to do with you. I wont oput you n ignore, cause I dont find it necessary, but if you would like to plce me on ignore go for it!! I am sure you are not the first, nor will be the last!

She was just posting her opinion. geesh. Oh and no one hates you because you posted something that she doesn't like.

critter crazy
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Exactly! Why is everyone fighting over a thread for jokes! This thread will actually make things neater and stop from over crowed a forum with jokes threads!!

Not a Thread, a whole section, just like The dog house, or general. Not just one Thread! Can you imagine having to sift through 100 pages of posts, to find something you are looking for?? This is not fair to us who enjoy Jokes!! why do we have to suffer, so the rest of you all dont???

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Not a Thread, a whole section, just like The dog house, or general. Not just one Thread! Can you imagine having to sift through 100 pages of posts, to find something you are looking for?? This is not fair to us who enjoy Jokes!! why do we have to suffer, so the rest of you all dont???

Well, when the joke thread gets to much posts, then make a second joke thread. Simple as that.

CathyBogart
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
i got crucified for deleting a thread :)

That's what prompted my comment. :)

Alysser
08-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't want to put you on my Ignore list. I never stated you hated me. I said you could put me on your ignore list. That doesn't sound like I said you hated me. It just bothers me that you stated I wasn't open to suggestions. We have to suffer now by sifting through posts and posts of Jokes, which isn't fair either.

I do agree with you that we should have a section for jokes. If that's what it takes fine, but I am sick of this constant fighting.

critter crazy
08-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I am done, you all do what you want!!:rolleyes:

buttercup132
08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
General would be better to post jokes because Dog House is for news Exactly. I didn't mean post a bunch of threads in general, that would become just as annoying as it being in the dog house. It's just a better spot for it because when I come tot he dog house I look for new things in the news and topics to debate about..not jokes..

CathyBogart
08-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't think it's necessarily more appropriate to post jokes in general, since a lot of jokes are a bit off color or about controversial things like politics and religion. Just a thought, not trying to argue. :)

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't think it's necessarily more appropriate to post jokes in general, since a lot of jokes are a bit off color or about controversial things like politics and religion. Just a thought, not trying to argue. :)

Most of the jokes are just pictures of funny things. A thread for jokes is perfect so you don't have look through a whole bunch of posts to find what you want. This is just easier.

HEY! WAIT A SEC.! This is a joke thread why aren't we telling jokes? We are just fighting. Should we call this is Fighting Thread???

Karen
08-22-2007, 07:36 PM
No , this was a discussion ABOUT joke threads. There is now a new thread FOR jokes also in this forum.

CathyBogart
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Fight thread?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/catparrot.jpg?w=480&h=344http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/biffbonk.gif?w=169&h=126

KittyGurl
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/biffbonk.gif?w=169&h=126

haha Very funny!

maddy4
08-23-2007, 02:38 AM
"As to Wom leaving, not to worry folks, I believe he's alive & well and posting under another name now."

"Would this be that Maddy4?"

No Nuttercup! Who is Wom anyway??????????
"THAT Maddy4" is not given to masquerading, disguising, or acting as a false person, let alone one I do not know! :mad:

Thank you NOT Nuttercup for the warm welcome!

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Ok so Karen has a thread for jokes in this forum fine but can we have a jokes section its just another section and one where if you want to look you look if not don't.

Randi
08-23-2007, 05:37 AM
I really think it should be down to Karen and Paul to decide which Forum's they want on this board! After all, it is about PETS! They have added a few Forum's over time, such as Doghouse, Introductions and Town Hall, and that's fine with me. But they need to be selective about what Forums to add.

Personally, I can do without 10-15 joke threads a day to clutter up General or Doghouse, but if most members want all these jokes, then a Joke Forum may be a good idea, but it would be nice to keep them in ONE place!!

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Its ok Randi I am bowing out graciously now from this argument and will maybe bow out of PT for a while too. Without jokes most of us could not deal wiht this world so I bow out graciously and hope that I did not offend anybody with my posts.... Sorry Karen and Paul if I stepped on your toes

I really think it should be down to Karen and Paul to decide which Forum's they want on this board! After all, it is about PETS! They have added a few Forum's over time, such as Doghouse, Introductions and Town Hall, and that's fine with me. But they need to be selective about what Forums to add.

Personally, I can do without 10-15 joke threads a day to clutter up General or Doghouse, but if most members want all these jokes, then a Joke Forum may be a good idea, but it would be nice to keep them in ONE place!!

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 06:52 AM
"As to Wom leaving, not to worry folks, I believe he's alive & well and posting under another name now."

"THAT Maddy4" is not given to masquerading, disguising, or acting as a false person, let alone one I do not know! :mad:

hmmmm....how do you know Wom is posting under another name now if you don't know him. hmmmmm....I just had to ask that. Sorry Maddy!

anna_66
08-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Go on vacation for a while and here's a heated thread over jokes :eek:

Should we call this is Fighting Thread???
LOL!!! I love it:D

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Go on vacation for a while and here's a heated thread over jokes :eek:

We people at Pet Talk can be so weird at times.:D

Ginger's Mom
08-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Its ok Randi I am bowing out graciously now from this argument and will maybe bow out of PT for a while too. Without jokes most of us could not deal wiht this world so I bow out graciously and hope that I did not offend anybody with my posts.... Sorry Karen and Paul if I stepped on your toes
I must admit that I am very confused at people who have indicated that they come to Pet Talk for the jokes rather than the pets. I find that looking at the cute pets and hearing how much they mean to their owners makes me feel better about this world. But if I should need an extra laugh, I know how to find joke sites on the internet, they are plentiful. I wish you good luck in whatever it is you are looking for jackmilliesmom, and I hope you learn how to use the internet so that you can find whatever you are looking for as far as personal contact and interaction.

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
hmmmm....how do you know Wom is posting under another name now if you don't know him. hmmmmm....I just had to ask that. Sorry Maddy!

Because Maddy is not Wom!!!!!!!!! and they said that Wom was posting as Maddy - hello have you woken up yet??????

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Me too but the jokes are a nice distraction do you not find that. Maybe its just me but I like them and like the people who post them one and all. I love to talk about my dogs but lately have had other things on my mind so the jokes help my day.....

As for personal interaction I get that on a daily basis I was just making a point about some people who do not get it only by computer I have one such contact who is a complete agraphobic and hte only contact she has is on a computer so you need to back off Gingersmom and I can now see with a few posts why so many have left and not come back.

As for learning how to use the internet I am quite proficient in its use I use it everyday for work and pleasure so don't comment on something you do not know about because it may come back and bite you in the a$$

I must admit that I am very confused at people who have indicated that they come to Pet Talk for the jokes rather than the pets. I find that looking at the cute pets and hearing how much they mean to their owners makes me feel better about this world. But if I should need an extra laugh, I know how to find joke sites on the internet, they are plentiful. I wish you good luck in whatever it is you are looking for jackmilliesmom, and I hope you learn how to use the internet so that you can find whatever you are looking for as far as personal contact and interaction.

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Because Maddy is not Wom!!!!!!!!! and they said that Wom was posting as Maddy - hello have you woken up yet??????

I never said Maddy was Wom! I just ask her how she knows he is under a different screen name, but she doesn't know him!

geesh! Calm down!!

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Sorry just a bit het up over this stupid thread people are really getting to the bit over a couple of jokes - its not really relevant just know a couple of people who enjoy reading all of the threads and some enjoy the jokes more than others and one of those was a guest who was going to join but saw this thread and backed away.....
I never said Maddy was Wom! I just ask her how she knows he is under a different screen name, but she doesn't know him!

geesh! Calm down!!

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't know why people don't want the jokes on Pet Talk. They are funny and I like them. Even if people don't want jokes on here, people are still gonna post them. Only Karen and Paul can tell them not to post jokes, another member can't and if we have a thread for jokes only The Dog House won't be as crowed with jokes threads.

Ginger's Mom
08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
As for learning how to use the internet I am quite proficient in its use I use it everyday for work and pleasure so don't comment on something you do not know about because it may come back and bite you in the a$$
I am sorry if I offended you. I was only responding to what you said. You may want to take your own advise.

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Sorry just a bit het up over this stupid thread people are really getting to the bit over a couple of jokes - its not really relevant just know a couple of people who enjoy reading all of the threads and some enjoy the jokes more than others and one of those was a guest who was going to join but saw this thread and backed away.....

It's ok. Sorry I kinda got mad. Just a little stressed out right now...

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I take advice as well as dish it I also apologise, but will not post anymore on this thread apart from to Kittygurl - as people are too quick to jump and I will admit that I am one of those people right now so I think avoiding this thread is a good idea for now.

I am sorry if I offended you. I was only responding to what you said. You may want to take your own advise.

jackmilliesmom
08-23-2007, 09:12 AM
It's ok. Sorry I kinda got mad. Just a little stressed out right now...

I think everyone is and this thread does not help so will be avoiding it from now.

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I think everyone is and this thread does not help

A lot of people agree with you there! http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Can we tell jokes now! I got one!

Why is 6 afriad of 7????

because 7, 8, 9.

Ok, that was a bad joke. Everyone's heard that one before but still it's a joke.http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

buttercup132
08-23-2007, 12:12 PM

You just act the same as him from what I've seen so far. And it BUTTERcup not nuttercup:rolleyes: And I wasn't welcoming you infact what I said was not even directed to you.

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 12:16 PM
You just act the same as him from what I've seen so far. And it BUTTERcup not nuttercup:rolleyes:

Well, she doesn't know. She's new here at Pet Talk

Catty1
08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I think she knew. ;) Welcome, Maddy! (Since BC said she wasn't welcoming you). :)

buttercup132
08-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, she doesn't know. She's new here at Pet Talk She obviously read my name. I dont see how she can mistake a B for a N let alone twice.

I think she knew I think she knew too.

Personally I dont think you deserve a nice welcoming by me now by the way you just acted towards me.

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Personally I dont think you deserve a nice welcoming by me now by the way you just acted towards me.

Why? Because she spelled your name wrong?????:confused:

CathyBogart
08-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Because she changed the name into an insult, implying that Buttercup was a nut?

Not a nice way for someone who doesn't know anyone here yet to act.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Mercy!!!! :eek:
People, take a deep breath and go hug your pets and be glad you have them and CALM DOWN!!! :(

Whisk_Luva
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Mercy!!!! :eek:
People, take a deep breath and go hug your pets and be glad you have them and CALM DOWN!!! :(
I agree with that

maddy4
08-23-2007, 01:42 PM
I agree, I'm glad someone finally said this! The dog house isn't for posting jokes, if anything they should be posted in general. Would this be that Maddy4?

You just act the same as him from what I've seen so far. And it BUTTERcup not nuttercup:rolleyes: And I wasn't welcoming you infact what I said was not even directed to you.

She obviously read my name. I dont see how she can mistake a B for a N let alone twice.
I think she knew too.

No margarinetub123......I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce. If referring to me by name is not directed at me then you need to remove the wet toilet paper from between your ears. I don't seek a welcoming from a whiny crybaby that has the vocabulary of plankton, the comprehension of a fence-post and the charisma of a week-old head of lettuce.

Sirrahsim
08-23-2007, 02:06 PM
No margarinetub123......I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce. If referring to me by name is not directed at me then you need to remove the wet toilet paper from between your ears. I don't seek a welcoming from a whiny crybaby that has the vocabularary of plankton, the comprehension of a fence-post and the charisma of a week-old head of lettuce.

Wow... I'm so sorry that you are so sad and lonely that you must lash out in such a manner. (((HUG))) Comments like that only degrade yourself...

maddy4
08-23-2007, 02:12 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z189/maddy4_photos/animals/evenkittensuf8.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z189/maddy4_photos/funny%20people/strange_hobby.jpg
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

buttercup132
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
No margarinetub123......I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce. If referring to me by name is not directed at me then you need to remove the wet toilet paper from between your ears. I don't seek a welcoming from a whiny crybaby that has the vocabularary of plankton, the comprehension of a fence-post and the charisma of a week-old head of lettuce. Oh yes she sure does deserve a war welcome doesn't she. Great way to start getting friends. Lets hope you get removed for this.

caseysmom
08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Wow that was way out of line :eek:

Randi
08-23-2007, 02:30 PM
maddy4, have your fun now, you'll soon be banned or ignored totally! :D

buttercup132
08-23-2007, 02:33 PM
It IS Wom or one of his family members..:rolleyes: Nice try thanks for the laughs.

Jessika
08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I think we should let Karen and Paul dictate what is and is not appropriate being posted in which forums. Nowhere does it say that Doghouse is strictly for News; in fact, in the sticky about it, it says:

We have created a new forum for any post that is in some way controversial, upsetting, or just makes us go eeeew! In it are threads about the war, debates and arguments about religion, patriotism and politics, and the recipe for "poop cake."

So to me, any jokes that could come across as being offensive or not for everyone should be more than welcome being posted in here.

Once again, I think we should let Karen and Paul decide what's appropriate to be posted in what forums instead of taking it upon ourselves to dictate that.

Husky_mom
08-23-2007, 03:49 PM
just my opinion....... if anyone cares to read.......

I much agree with crittercrazy..... I enjoy the jokes...... yeah sometimes 15 threads are too much but each deserve their own space, otherwise they´ll loose the mystery or whatever you call it.....

having ALL jokes in one thread would be a one time reading from me..... I really don´t enjoy having to go back zillion pages to find the joke I was looking for at the last one I looked into.....

maybe a section as marketplace, introductions, etc. would be nice...... therefore only if you were looking into jokes you´ll go in it...... and thus not overcrowding the general or the dog house as has been being complained......and we could still have a humor left here.....

I must admit I do not read all of them but sure I enjoy them and read them when needed......

Buttercup: at first I thought it could well be a mistake as B and N are next by, and one can have a finger slip but she´s obviosly mad at something, hope you can solve it or just ignore each other......

Karen: I would have PM´d you this reply but wanted to state my opinio for everyone to see...... if it´s possible to add a whole section JUST FOR JOKES I think it would solve the problem. not trying to set rules on you and I know that it might induce to creating a new section for every single issue, but I think this could be well worth it as it has nice arguments on the topic.

thanks for reading

Alysser
08-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Maddy4, I think you joined this forum just to cause and argument. Do you really have a life? I doubt it, because all I've seen you do is argue since you've joined. As far as I can see, you definitely do not deserve a warm welcome at all. If you're so lonely and low as you sound, you REALLY don't deserve it.

Karen
08-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Hey, hey, hey - everyone calm down, stop name-calling, and bashing people. This is still Pet Talk, remember? If it keeps up, I *will* have to delete this thread.

lizbud
08-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey, hey, hey - everyone calm down, stop name-calling, and bashing people. This is still Pet Talk, remember? If it keeps up, I *will* have to delete this thread.

I'd hate to see this thread deleted because it shows the real character
of this new poster. Brand new user & already has a heavy bias against
almost everyone. Seems strange to me. :confused:

I do wish we could all just let this rest now & move on. :)

sparks19
08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
LMFAO ......

this is rich.