PDA

View Full Version : Back to school...... not so cool......

Husky_mom
08-21-2007, 02:18 PM
well...... suposedly my kid was going back to school yesterday...... but to my surprise there was no one there...... so I assumed it was still closed and they would be going back until next monday........as I had been calling the Principal to be sure and she wasnīt home, so I assumed (once again) she was still on vacation thus school was being opened til later......

I thought I was confused on the coming back dates, but ok........ so yesterday after my PT (physical therapy) and on my way home, I always go by the school as itīs on the way to my house, my parents house and even work......(very neat)...... but what do I see??....... a FOR LEASE sign!! :eek: :eek: ........

I rushed to the office and call her (principal) and she wasnīt there but I urged the person who took the message to tell her to call me back ASAP...... then I went to another bussiness where the owner/mom had his sons also in that school and make the employee call her for me....... so when I talk to her after all the " hiīs and who are youīs"..... she asks....."where did you got your son into" (meaning school)....... :eek: :eek: confirmation received!!! the school is CLOSED!!!

so now Iīm looking like mad for another school...... seeing the starting day was yesterday, and I found out he was schoolless THAT very same day.....Iīm soooooo MAD, FRUSTRATED AND WHATNOT.........

so far Iīve seen like 6 schools but Iīm still undecided, and I still have a few more for tomorrow.... some are way $$$$$, some are far away...... and I NEED it to be near and not so $$$....(who wouldnīt want that :rolleyes: :p )

thanks for reading my rant......

cyber-sibes
08-21-2007, 02:49 PM
You've got to be kidding! They didn't notify the parents?!? Well that stinks! Good luck finding a school to get him into that suits your needs, Isabelle. Of course, here in the States a lot of people home-school, too.

lizbud
08-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Sounds unbelieveable. :confused: Was this a public school or private?

*LabLoverKEB*
08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Now that's really umbelieveable! :eek: That's just really, really weird! What a huge bummer!
I wish you the best of luck in finding a new school for your son, that is close to home, and not too pricy!

Karen
08-21-2007, 05:18 PM
How awful that they didn't notify anyone of their closing! Typical, maybe, of business people who throw in the towel without caring about the consquences, but awful! Could you describe the school system for us where you live? We in the US are so used to - and take for granted - our public school system, that we sometimes forget it isn't available everywhere.

Husky_mom
08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
this was a private school....... public schools are paid by the goverment so you donīt invest that much just uniforms (if needed) and some materials, bookas are also given to them...... in private schools which are a bit more $, you also have to pay for books and everything else, there are less kids..... for example in public schools you need to fill an application otherwise they get filled and you get no opening there.....like 100īs kids..... 35-40 per classroom..... in privates there are like 12-15 per classroom (at the most,in my kidīs there were like 8, 25 whole preeschool)......

public schools also are unilingual (not sure thatīs a word) and privates are bilingual or trilingual..... which I prefer.....

I think I might have found another school, so part of my shock is fading..... now letīs hope this one stays "still" until he goes into elementary school.......

about homeschooling......Iīve seen it and know what it is, but here it seems either no one does it or itīs not validated by any institution as private schools need to be validated by the S.E.P. (initials for the public education department)

Karen: I know we have different systems so hereīs a few things Iīve noticed and made me wonder a bit

first theres maternal which is pre preeschool and its for toddlers from 2yrs to 3yrs
then starts preschool which consist of 3 grades for kids from 3yrs to 6yrs
then elementary which is 6 grades and start with kids of 6yrs at the first grade
then secondary school also 3 grades from 12yrs to 15 yrs
then bachelor (we call it either preparatoria or bachillerato) and its also 3yrs, but divided into semesters (6)
then you go to college or university (which is the same here) and you study for the lenght of years each career has designated..... there are some that last 3 years , some 4, some 6...... then you can study your masters degree and then doctorate......phew...... quite a bunch.......