PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!! Yankee Stadium Here we come!!

critter crazy
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Next month we are going to Our Very first Yankees Game!! I am so excited!! I am not a big baseball fan, but I have always wanted to go to the Yankees stadium!! I have lived in NY for almost 20 yrs now, and I have never been to NYC, I driven through it, but never stayed! So we are making a big weekend out of it! I have been on the net last night and today, and my eyes are swimming!! Tryig to fit everything I want to see and do in one weekend is Nearly impossible!! Here are some things that we are going to try to do:

Yankees Game
Bronx Zoo
Carriage ride through Central Park
Train ride
Subway ride
Cab ride
Statue of Liberty
Twin Towers site

So for any of you who have been, what am I missing??? What should we not miss seeing??

I cannott believe how expensive it is!!!!!:eek: We will be staying outside the city, and riding the train in! The hotle rates in NYC are 4-6 hundred dollars a night, so we will be staying outside the city, in a nice hotel for $120 a night!

Karen
08-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Did you check priceline and hotels.com? Just want to be sure you got a good rate!

elizabethann
08-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Don't forget the Empire State Building. But try to arrive early because there is usually a big line.

Cab rides aren't that big of a thing anymore. I would take a double decker tour bus. That way you can get off & on, go shopping, sight see and then jump back on AND you get to see the whole city. China Town is pretty cool too.

I love NYC. I'm itching to go back. I'd love to go to Yankee Stadium (too boo the Yankees) especially since they are building a new stadium.

Have fun & please share your stories & pictures!

P.S. Times Square is fun too!

critter crazy
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Karen, yeah I spent hours on-line trying to find the best rate, and that was what I got.

Yeah I know cab rides arent all the exciting to the average jo, but We live in the country, and it is something my kids wont get to experiance on a daily basis!!

We are definitely gonna see China town missed that on the list! Never thought of the Double decker bus!! great Idea!!!:D