PDA

View Full Version : Women Struck by lightining at Local restraunt

Alysser
08-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Woman killed by lightning is identified
by Sharon Adarlo
Sunday August 19, 2007, 1:42 PM

A woman who was hit and killed by lightning was identified today as Cindy Osler, 45, of Howell, township police said.

Osler was with a friend in the parking lot of the Ivy League Restaurant on Route 9 North shortly after 8 p.m. Friday when a lightning bolt struck her and threw her friend to the ground, police said.

She was taken to CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, where she was pronounced dead at 9:01 p.m., police said. They said Osler's friend was not injured.

Funeral arrangements are pending, Osler's family said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/08/woman_killed_by_lightning_is_i.html

Anyone else here this story? :eek: It's just really weird since I used to go to that restraunt all the time, and still do on occasions. She was part of a Bridal party. I think it was the rehearsal dinner. Weird thing is, I live right down the road from The Ivy League. It's such a freak accident though. :(

pitc9
08-21-2007, 09:09 AM
:eek:
WOW!!

mousie
08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
WOW is all I can say too :eek:! Lightning is one thing that freaks me out because it's soo unpredictable!

I_luv_rusty
08-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Just gunna add something.

http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-12/1187585269137270.xml&coll=1

It was after the reherseal dinner for her best friends wedding who was outside with her. She was the brides mate in the wedding that was on the coming saturday. She had just gone outside to check that her windows were closed. The best man was also out there with her and fell to his knees but was fine. He then saw her laying in the parking lot face down and thought she was probably scared. But then he turned her over and she wasn't awake. They cancelled the wedding for now, die to her death. The lady Cindy also had a 12 year old daughter who goes to my old middle school. Then also she has 2 other children, and 2 grandchildren. :( I feel so bad for the daughter not having her mother to grow older around, and for the grandchildren.