PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! My foster of 2 YEARS has been adopted!

jennielynn1970
08-20-2007, 09:12 PM
My foster, Woody, who is also FIV+ has finally been adopted!! He was with me for 2 years this past July. He is a gorgeous Russian Blue mix, and very sweet, but very shy, and yes, FIV+. No one ever wanted him because of that :( :(

A family applied for him 2 weeks ago, and after their vacation, and working out of schedules, he finally went to his FOREVER HOME tonight!!! He is normally a shy kitty, but so sweet. He was more social than I thought he would be, and he came out of the carrier for treats and loving. I was sooo proud of him!!! Two years ago he was such a scared boy. You couldn't hold him or really even touch him much. He's come such a long way, and loves to get affection now, and will come hopping down the stairs to greet me and let me throw him over my shoulder and carry him back up the stairs to the foster room.

I'm going to miss you Woody! Be a good boy and show them how sweet and loving you really are!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/Woodyserious.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/Woodyandfeathers.jpg

cassiesmom
08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Congratulations, sweet Woody and best wishes to you and your new family!

Catty1
08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
AWWWWWW! *snif snif* Happy new home, Woody! And stay in touch with your foster mom - she sure loves you and will miss you like crazy!

Will the new owners keep you posted, Jenn?

jennielynn1970
08-20-2007, 09:20 PM
AWWWWWW! *snif snif* Happy new home, Woody! And stay in touch with your foster mom - she sure loves you and will miss you like crazy!

Will the new owners keep you posted, Jenn?

They better keep me posted, lol. Woody is a sweetie pie. He's shy, but what a great boy he is. It's a shame that FIV holds so many people back from adoption. :(

jenluckenbach
08-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Such EXCELLENT news!! :D :D

Have a great life, Woody!!

Pawla
08-21-2007, 09:18 AM
CONGRATULATIONS WOODY! I'm so happy you found your furrever home! I must say, I think you have the most gorgeous fur I think I've ever seen. :D

catmandu
08-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Looking at waht a Hnadsome and Excellent Cat Woody is I wonder why it took 2 years for someone to fall in love with him.
Maybe the Lord wanted you to have two years of love and happiness with Woody before he moved on.

Karen
08-21-2007, 02:10 PM
He was just waiting for the RAIGHt home, apparently. Such a handsome boy, congratulations on having done such a good job with him!

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2007, 12:24 AM
This is great news!!!:) He sure is a handsome boy and I hope that he'll do well in his new home.:)

Purr-tender
08-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Oh my gosh, after 2 years how could you let him go? I have kittens that I am fostering that have been with me just 2 months and the thought of what it will be like around here once they are adopted breaks my heart. I know it must have been very hard for you to see him go, but now you can help another cat in need. I hope Woody has a wonderful life with his new family!

jackie
08-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Congrats congrats congrats!!!!! :D