PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, what do you use on your lips?

sirrahbed
08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I MUST have something moisturizing on my lips at all times. My most used product that I never leave home without - is plain old vaseline in a tiny tube.

But, I am always searching for lipcolor and today I found one I LOVE!! I don't like most lipstcks I have tried because they either feel too waxy, too dry or just look too heavy for me. Today I tried Cover Girl LipSlick and ran back to the store for two more :D It goes on like a stick but feels very moist and is not stcky. It is shiny but not really glossy and the color is see-through. Of the three I bought, the color I like the most is called Daring. It looks like a bright red in the tube but goes on sheer and pretty.

So ladies, what do YOU use on your lips?

Craftlady
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Cover Girl or Avon, only use it when the face is made up. Any other time it's all natural :)

chocolatepuppy
08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
I'd leave home naked before I left without my chapstick! :eek: I use different kinds including one from Avon that has a bit of color. I'm not good at wearing lipstick. ;)

sirrahved
08-20-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not brand loyal. I like things with peppermint oil in them. I use carmex quite frequently. Aquafina has a new lipgloss that I like. Almost all of my lipstick and colored gloss is Mary Kay.

shais_mom
08-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm not really brand loyal either. But I must have a lip balm of some kind in my right pocket and a gloss of some kind in my left. If they get switched - I get in trubble! :D

cali
08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
absolutly nothing lol I dont wear any makeup at all(aside from a little tinted moisturizer on occasion, simply because, my skin is pink, and sometimes its gets blotchy and people start asking about my "rash" lol). I own one tube of lipsmackers gloss, but I only where that on special occasions lol

critter crazy
08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I usually use Carmex on my lips, bu when I go to work i do wear lipstick, but I dont care what brand it is, as long as it is a Natural color. I am into all these crazy colors! I like all natural looks, and a little gloss is always okay.:D

Twisterdog
08-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I absolutely cannot stand to be without a tube of Carmex at all times. If I am in town and can't find it in my purse or car, I will go in a store just to buy one! I'm addicted to Carmex!

If I go out and wear makeup, which is rare, I'll wear some light lipstick ... but the Carmex MUST go over the top of the lipstick.

I have issues. LOL

countrycowgirl
08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
I always use clear lip gloss....doesn't matter what kind...but I must have it I am not big on lip stick but I do really like Esta Lauder lip sticks!! :)

cassiesmom
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I got an Avon lip balm at the beginning of the summer, SPF 15 and not too sticky. Works for me.

RedHedd
08-20-2007, 10:52 PM
The new Revlon Renewist lipsticks are nice - moisturizing, long wearing and nice colors. Either that or Maybelline Moisture (something), always topped with lipgloss. I wear lipstick with gloss almost all the time. - Makeup, nailpolish and posting on MakeupAlley.com are my other obsessions

sirrahbed
08-20-2007, 11:25 PM
... posting on MakeupAlley.com are my other obsessions
I bet YOU are the one who got me started at MakeupAlley :) That reminds me that I should post there about my CG Lipslick!! I am loving this product - not quite lipstick and not quite gloss.

Karen
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Absolutely nothing, except in deepest winter, when everything is dry, then it's the plain, unscented Chapstick. I am allergic to most make-up, and even some Clinique lipstick makes my lips feel like they are burning ... thankfully, I don't feel the need to use make-up*. For my wedding, my bridesmaids ganged up and made me wear it for the sake of the pictures everyone would take, and they found a lipstick that didn't hurt.

*It's not that I am so beautiful that I don't need it, trust me. It's that I figure if I have to wear make-up for someone to like me, I can find friends who don't require it! My dear friend Robin from college is the opposite - she wouldn't go down to breakfast in the dorm cafeteria without at least mascara and lip gloss, but we both understand each other's make-up quirks, and are friends anyway!

shais_mom
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Absolutely nothing, except in deepest winter, when everything is dry, then it's the plain, unscented Chapstick. I am allergic to most make-up, and even some Clinique lipstick makes my lips feel like they are burning ... thankfully, I don't feel the need to use make-up*. For my wedding, my bridesmaids ganged up and made me wear it for the sake of the pictures everyone would take, and they found a lipstick that didn't hurt.

*It's not that I am so beautiful that I don't need it, trust me. It's that I figure if I have to wear make-up for someone to like me, I can find friends who don't require it! My dear friend Robin from college is the opposite - she wouldn't go down to breakfast in the dorm cafeteria without at least mascara and lip gloss, but we both understand each other's make-up quirks, and are friends anyway!
as much as I LOVE my Makeup. If its gonna cause a health crisis I'd have to agree. Don'T do it! :D

caseysmom
08-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Laura Mercier in amethyst my absolute favorite

Randi
08-21-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm using Biotherm's lip creme - anti drying protective lip treatment. It's really good! I've used it for at least 10 years and hope I will be able to get it for the next many years.

Pam
08-21-2007, 08:04 AM
I use lipstick but don't have any favorite brand. Whatever I happen to see with a color that I like is what I purchase. I have used Cover Girl and like it but also will pick up Revlon or Maybelline if they are on sale. :) I use it to keep my lips soft, but I also like the idea of adding a little bit of color to my face as well. The colors that I use are pale tones, just enough to make me appear alive. :p

Daisy and Delilah
08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
I use Revlon lipsticks in the black tubes. Usually a burgandy(blotted). I can't go anywhere without my lipstick. I use some kind of lip balm before bed every night. :)

pitc9
08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
I am addicted to Chapstick. :o
Blistex Brand Medicated Berry.
My Dr. has even told me to stop using it so much.
Once you've used chapstick for so long, you lips stop producing natural moisture because the chapstick is supplying the moisture they need.
(The same thing happened to my dad with eye drops)

*raises right hand*
My name is Angie and I've been abusing chapstick for 18 years.

I don't normally wear any color on my lips, but if I do it's very light

Pawsitive Thinking
08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Desperately trying to find somewhere that sells Shu Uemura's Rouge Unlimited online...

Repeat after me........must get a life....must get a life....... :D

Sirrahsim
08-21-2007, 08:46 AM
I just discovered Blistex' new Lip Infusion Moisture Splash. It has an SPF of 15 and goes on really smooth. Within a couple of seconds it isn't sticky at all and I LOVE it :) Before this it was always the Blistex Medicated in the green tube.

mousie
08-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Hehe this is a fun thread! I just use Avon lipgloss, in a lightish pinkish color. Although it sometimes annoys me because sometimes my lips feel really dry after I use it.

kuhio98
08-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Boring old vaseline from the tiny tube for me. I used to wear lipstick, but after the first cup of coffee, it was mostly gone anyway.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I only wear chapstick, but I have to have a stick in my purse at all times. The climate is very dry here! Though I try to stay hydrated so I don't have to slather it on at all times.

Right now I'm using "Badger" Lip balm, which is a nice tangerine flavor. The BEST kind of chapstick I've ever used I found in Steamboat Springs, CO (they make it there and I haven't seen it anywhere else). Next time I go, I will have to buy 4 or 5 tubes!

I usually don't get chapstick with any kind of color but one time when I was in Europe I found a kind Nivea lipbalm with color that I really liked. But alas they don't have it here.

moosmom
08-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I only wear lipstick when I go out which isn't too often.

For everyday, I use one of two...either "Burt's Beas" or Blistex.

dogzr#1
08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I believe I am one of the few people who doesn't like having any sort of lip gloss or chapstick or anything on their lips. I can't stand anything on my lips. My mom has forced me to put some simple chapstick on, because my lips were really dry. I kept it on for a few minutes but ended up licking it off by accident. I have a bad habit of always licking my lips, which is probably why I can never wear chapstick or anything. D:

shais_mom
08-21-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a bad habit of always licking my lips, which is probably why I can never wear chapstick or anything. D:
which is also be why your lips are always so dry. so try to quit... :p

Catsnclay
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm one of those "girlie girls" that won't be seen without some sort of make up on.....believe me, you don't want to see me 'natural' :eek:

I don't have a prefrence in lipstick, jeez I have a whole shoe box full of lipstick tubes! But never the right one.... :rolleyes: for some reason I just can't find the right lipstick!!!

I like wearing the gloss, but if I put it on, at home, too soon - I have furry lips :eek: and that isn't good.

I wish I could find a lipstick that makes my lips just a little darker than they are now, but without the "here comes my lips" look, and shiny, but not furry!

Am I asking for too much???!!!! :rolleyes: :D

caseysmom
08-22-2007, 12:59 AM
catsnclay, that is exactly how I was until I found the one, the amethyst from Laura mercier this is the first time I have bought same color for years.

Jessika
08-22-2007, 02:08 AM
I don't use lipgloss/lipstick.. just good 'ol "chapstick" hehe Burts Beeswax!! :D

jackie
08-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I use Vaseline or Dior Addict lip gloss.

Randi
08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Catsnclay, what you need is one of those "transparent" ones, they don't cover as much, but gives a color and look more natural. :) They come in all colors.

shais_mom
08-23-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm one of those "girlie girls" that won't be seen without some sort of make up on.....believe me, you don't want to see me 'natural' :eek:

I don't have a prefrence in lipstick, jeez I have a whole shoe box full of lipstick tubes! But never the right one.... :rolleyes: for some reason I just can't find the right lipstick!!!

I like wearing the gloss, but if I put it on, at home, too soon - I have furry lips :eek: and that isn't good.

I wish I could find a lipstick that makes my lips just a little darker than they are now, but without the "here comes my lips" look, and shiny, but not furry!

Am I asking for too much???!!!! :rolleyes: :D
ok you know one of my addictions is www.bareescentuals.com and they have a new line of lip sticks out - aka - lip colors. I haven't tried them yet but I've have heard nothing but great reviews about them...
They go on very light, and are long wearing. :D
head to www.sephora.com There's one in Chandler, Glendale at the Arrowhead, and Scottsdale Fashion Place.... :D
just checked there isn't a BE in AZ!!! :eek:

Catsnclay
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
ok you know one of my addictions is www.bareescentuals.com (http://www.bareescentuals.com/) and they have a new line of lip sticks out - aka - lip colors. I haven't tried them yet but I've have heard nothing but great reviews about them...
They go on very light, and are long wearing. :D
head to www.sephora.com (http://www.sephora.com/) There's one in Chandler, Glendale at the Arrowhead, and Scottsdale Fashion Place.... :D
just checked there isn't a BE in AZ!!! :eek:

Well......DUH!!!!

I've been to the one at Arrowhead, it is only 5 miles from the house :D but when I was there I forgot completely about lipstick!! Maybe it was because of that shoe box full and my husband was with me :rolleyes: and you know how men can be shopping!

I will have to go back and spend the.....day in there ! :p

shais_mom
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Well......DUH!!!!

I've been to the one at Arrowhead, it is only 5 miles from the house :D but when I was there I forgot completely about lipstick!! Maybe it was because of that shoe box full and my husband was with me :rolleyes: and you know how men can be shopping!

I will have to go back and spend the.....day in there ! :p
a day in Sephora is a day well spent if you ask me! ;) literally! ;)
you could call ahead to see if they have them if you would like to try them...

Kater
08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I use gloss and lipstick on ocassion....but my everyday product of choice is My Lip Stuff!! :D

It is very natural and gentle. I have heard that some do not like the texture ("too oily"), but I love it. I prefer the smooth oily texture to waxy, gritty, or other textures I have experienced in drug store products...

http://mylipstuff.com/

Ingredients: Sunflower oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Aloe Vera, Essential &/or Flavor Oil.

Plus, they are FUN and come in over 400 flavors!! Calorie-free and divine. :)

Sorry to sound like an advertisement, but I had to take the opportunity to gush...