PDA

View Full Version : Free 2 Year Old Male Cat ****UPDATE TIGGERS AT MY HOUSE**

Anikaca77
08-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I found this on statecollege.com and I posted it also on this critter crazy yahoo website I deal with and I really hope Tigger can find a new home. I have e-mailed this Orlena Pratt she is a friend of Ashley and she's trying to help find Tigger a home. I would take him but I can't I have my hands full.

I believe Tigger is located in Hubbard I guess it's near Youngstown, OH.

Can anyone help Tigger out.

Melissa

Free 2 Year Old Male Cat Aug-20-2007

Tigger is a 2 year old male cat that needs to find a new home asap. His owners are moving and can not take him with them. If we do not find him a new home, he will be put down. Please help find Tigger a new home before it is too late.

Contact Ashley

330-502-3397

catmandu
08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
I Wish I Could But Hes Too Far Away And I Am Not Allowed More Found Cats. We Pray For That Poor Cat.

Anikaca77
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
me too I'm praying hard, I'm trying like crazy to get this guy a home. I just hope I do it before it's too late.

Catty1
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Why can't they take him?

jennielynn1970
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Why can't they take him?

Because people choose to have "possessions" not pets... possessions are just easier to dump. There ought to be a test to pass, and a license to obtain in order to have pets.

critter crazy
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Because people choose to have "possessions" not pets... possessions are just easier to dump. There ought to be a test to pass, and a license to obtain in order to have pets.Ditto!!!

I am just disgusted at all the free cat ads I am seeing lately, and all of them are either "Moving" Or they have Developed "allergies" all of a sudden!! Drives me nuts!!:mad:

G535
08-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Because people choose to have "possessions" not pets... possessions are just easier to dump. There ought to be a test to pass, and a license to obtain in order to have pets.

Unfortunately it would cost far too much for any government to do this and most wouldn't even bother trying.

At least one 8 month old "possession" has found a new forever home with me. :)

Zippy
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I hope he finds a new home.At least they aren't just throwing him outside.They are looking for a home for him.At least they are trying.
They could not have much choose in the matter.I would much rather have people try to find there cat a home then thorw there kitty out.
Moving is horriable and I feel for these people who have to give there kitty up.

critter crazy
08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
You know the thing that gets me, is it seems most dont even try!! I have moved numerous times, and not once have I ever moved into a place where i couldnt have animals, I just couldnt do it!! :(

jennielynn1970
08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
You know the thing that gets me, is it seems most dont even try!! I have moved numerous times, and not once have I ever moved into a place where i couldnt have animals, I just couldnt do it!! :(

Same here. Where ever I moved to, I made SURE that my cats were welcome. Even if it cost more, they were family and had to come with. No ifs, ands, or buts. If the apartment complex didn't allow the pets, or charged too much, I looked somewhere else. My pets are something I do NOT compromise on my pets!

Catty1
08-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Jenn - since Woody just got a home, it's too bad you aren't in Ohio.

Then again - there are plenty of needy babies where you are.

Anikaca77
08-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I know I'm upset too but I just want to try to help the animals before its too late...

Ditto!!!

I am just disgusted at all the free cat ads I am seeing lately, and all of them are either "Moving" Or they have Developed "allergies" all of a sudden!! Drives me nuts!!:mad:

Anikaca77
08-21-2007, 10:34 AM
I just wanted to say one more thing, it's not the owner who is looking for a home for their cat it's a friend of the owner.

The friend has told me that she would never put an animal down especially if they are healthy. I'm just try to spread this word about this kitty to see if anyone could help Tigger out.

Catsnclay
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I have a cousin who lives in Ohio and I sent her a copy oh this. I know she is down to 1 cat from 3, so maybe..........;)

Cross your fingers that Tigger finds his way into a new home!

kb2yjx
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
They should see if their vet can help them out!!!! People are such fools and do not deserve another creature of God. They would probably dump it, too. Sorry if this sounds mean...I heard too many excuses when I volunteered at the shelter...

phesina
08-21-2007, 02:25 PM
And they want to give him away FREE, in a college town.. Some medical student will take him, to do experiments on.

I hate people.

Anikaca77
08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I know but I hope that someone might want to take him with not performing medical stuff on him.

And they want to give him away FREE, in a college town.. Some medical student will take him, to do experiments on.

I hate people.

Anikaca77
08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh that would be soon wonderful. Please keep me updated.

Tigger looks like such a sweet kittie.

Thank you,
Melissa

I have a cousin who lives in Ohio and I sent her a copy oh this. I know she is down to 1 cat from 3, so maybe..........;)

Cross your fingers that Tigger finds his way into a new home!

phesina
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
You're right, Anika77, I hope he finds a good, loving home too. (Sorry, I tend to get cynical sometimes.)

Pat

I know but I hope that someone might want to take him with not performing medical stuff on him.

Anikaca77
08-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Pat,

I know you hope so too and I am very careful about people who are trying to give their pets away for free, I always try to warn them that they should just even do an adoption contract or something but I guess all we can really do is try to inform people and hope they listen.

Melissa

You're right, Anika77, I hope he finds a good, loving home too. (Sorry, I tend to get cynical sometimes.)

Pat

Anikaca77
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
bump

Catsnclay
08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
My cousin's email came back that she was 'out of office' for a few days, so I still have hope!

I will let you know when I hear from her!

Anikaca77
08-24-2007, 06:22 AM
I just got an e-mail from the peoples friend who is trying to find a home for Tigger. This is what she said:

We have one more week and then they are going to put him to
sleep. I feel really bad but my cat will not allow another cat in this house.

MAN I NEED A MIRCLE HERE!

MELISSA

Medusa
08-24-2007, 08:19 AM
When I read things like this, it makes me furious! People threaten w/putting the cat to sleep if we don't solve their problem for them. A friend of mine fell for the line of 'my son has allergies'. Right. The real reason was that the cats developed medical problems and the people didn't want to deal w/it or the expense, so they threatened to have the cats PTS if my friend didn't take them. Well, he took them and got them taken care of medically and it wasn't that big of a deal. People who emotionally blackmail others should face some sort of legal penalty. I realize that it's wishful thinking on my part. Nothing will ever happen to these people because cats are less thought of than dogs even. They're all possessions in the government's eyes. I've alerted my friends here in OH but the problem here is the same as it is everywhere, overpopulation. And people are stretched to the max, myself included. This is a real shame and if I had the people in front of me that are giving this cat away, well, never mind.

Hellojosie
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I will NEVER understand how "moving" is a reason for getting rid of a pet. I'm in the middle of moving now and coudl not imagine saying, well, it's a new house, so no cats allowed! They are my family members, my babies...how could a person just leave them behind? Or even worse, put a perfectly healthy animal to death just because they don't want to be bothered with the hassle of moving it? WHAT??

I'm sorry, I don't know the real circumstances here so I may be overreacting. But stuff like this just drives me NUTS.

moosmom
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
One of the reasons why I can't go to the Humane Society is because of all the pathetic excuses people give for giving up their pets. It truly makes me ill. :mad:

Anikaca77
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Please everyone just try to understand I'm not trying to make anyone mad or get them upset, I'm just trying to help this cat out and yes I know about the overpopulation of cats but I figured if I keep trying to spread the word it might work,

One other thing about Tigger is that he is not fixed and does not have shots.

People will never learn I'm afraid.

Melissa

Medusa
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't think anyone is blaming you, Melissa. We're just venting because we've all heard every excuse under the sun why animals are disposable in some people's eyes. We know you're trying to help.

Anikaca77
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Medusa,

I know but I just sometimes hate seeing these things too and I know that it can be very frustrating while trying to deal with your own situation at home.

Thanks,
Melissa

I don't think anyone is blaming you, Melissa. We're just venting because we've all heard every excuse under the sun why animals are disposable in some people's eyes. We know you're trying to help.

catmandu
08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I know what that means as most of The Found Cats are Cats who were not loved and considered expenadble. And there are Pouncer Roccalno, Pouncer Karina , Orange Rfus and I am not sre how many Lost Ctas come to the Found Cat Paradise Hotel to find food in the Jenn Librarian House od the Under Porch Shelter.
I just know the bowls and dishes are empty every day. I am pleased as at least they are getting something to eat.
I know I hear noises around the dish at Roast Chicken N Fixings days and when Janice brings scraps.
Rufus is getting close to her and shes going to take him home as she likes his Orange Face.

Medusa
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Try not to worry. Just know that you're doing your best to help and that's all anyone can do, really.

Hellojosie
08-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Yes, I'm very happy that you're trying to find a good home for that little guy! Good luck, I really hope something comes up for him SOON!!

Anikaca77
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
I hope so too

Catty1
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
BUMP CatsnClay - any word from your sister???

doolittleky
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Jenn, could your group take him in and foster him and find him a home? I know you just found a home for one of your fosters. Even if you don't have room maybe your shelter does. Ohio and PA aren't that far away. I will ask a woman at work who is an animal lover to see if she would be interested in getting another cat. Is there a certain date on how long he has?
Melissa

Anikaca77
08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Melissa,

Hi he has one week according from their friend that's what she e-mailed me today.

I'm sure I'd be able to help transport as well.

Thanks,
Melissa

Jenn, could your group take him in and foster him and find him a home? I know you just found a home for one of your fosters. Even if you don't have room maybe your shelter does. Ohio and PA aren't that far away. I will ask a woman at work who is an animal lover to see if she would be interested in getting another cat. Is there a certain date on how long he has?
Melissa

jennielynn1970
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Please everyone just try to understand I'm not trying to make anyone mad or get them upset, I'm just trying to help this cat out and yes I know about the overpopulation of cats but I figured if I keep trying to spread the word it might work,

One other thing about Tigger is that he is not fixed and does not have shots.

People will never learn I'm afraid.

Melissa

Ugh. So they are just super irresponsible. Lovely.

If they can get him updated on shots, and neutered, and there is a way to arrange transport, I'll put him up with Sassy. As long as he's not a psycho cat like Ally (Who, by the way, attacked me again. I have bite wounds on my left ankle now.).

I cannot afford to neuter and get shots for a cat that's not mine right now. I'm working 2 jobs so that I can pay the mortgage and other bills that I have. I know that the vet I use does clinics, and she can do it really cheaply, but I have to pay it up front, and wait for reimbursement (IF THE SHELTER WOULD DO THAT... I didn't get any reimbursement for Autumn... that was all out of my own pocket).

How expensive is this cat going to be?? Seriously. Shots, exam, neutering. Are there any other health issues? Is he tested for FIV/FeLV? You're talking a minimum of $200.00 there, and that's on the low end of the estimate.

Get him tested. Get him vaccinated. Get him a medical evaluation. I can't put a cat that isn't cleared with any of my cats. It's not fair to them.

I hate to put it like this, but, we can't save them all. Especially when their owners aren't willing to do it for them either.

phesina
08-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I'll contribute to the fund to save this guy's life.

dukedogsmom
08-25-2007, 10:06 PM
I hardly ever venture over here but I'd be willing to pay a little, also. I detest irresponsible people! And it's always the animals that suffer, too.

Catty1
08-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I'll give some too! If you can get the name of the clinic - or if they can do it right at the shelter - post or PM the name, and find out how much it is! Then we can pitch in!

jennielynn1970
08-25-2007, 11:35 PM
If they can get him taken care of there, and then arrange transport for here... :confused:

I don't have the authority to say what will or will not be paid for with the shelter I volunteer with. Can the owner and/or Annika get him tested? Can they get him neutered? Can they get him a clean bill of health? We've had so many come through that have been labeled "healthy" or saying that they are shy or whatever, and they've been really sick. Ask Jen L... she'll verify it.

If Annika or the owners can get this done, I'd take him in and then hopefully we could get him to PetSmart to get adopted. He looks like a sweetheart, so hopefully he'll have a personality to match and be adoptable material.

I don't like to sound heartless or anything, but my hands are tied to a point, and there are things that need to be taken care of before I could take him in. I hope that everyone understands this.

Catty1
08-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Anikaca77 - please find out from your friend how much the neuter, shots and checkup would be. And see if she knows any people who could transport, even to where a PTr or another volunteer lives.

Thanks!

Anikaca77
08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Ok, Everyone:

Here is the update:

I just talked with the owner of Tigger and she is just AGGGGGGGG

I'm so freaking mad at her. She has left Tigger out in the woods behind her house and tried to leave him there but she said he keeps coming back!!! (She actually laughed that he keep coming back) I'm so ticked! She's young I think and just doesn't care.

I'm so angry right now, but I had to keep my cool for Tigger's sake.

Anyways, I asked her if she would be willing or able to get Tigger fixed, get a medical exam, shots, FIV/combo test and she said she will have to call me back tomorrow night to discuss whether she can or not.

Next, I will be willing to go get this cat on this coming Saturday but I just can't keep him at my house. I have 6 cats now (I just adopted another this past weekend) and I don't have anymore room in my small one bedroom place.

Jenn where do you live??

I live in State College, PA it's about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to get hubbard and then back to state college which will be about 6 hours in the car and gas...ouch...especially with my husband just starting his new job and he won't get paid till the end of Sept but we'll try to make do some how for Tiggers sake.

If you want to PM and we can exchange phone numbers to try to work this out better that would work.

I totally understand that you don't want Tigger to come into your home without being tested and I totally feel the same way I'm just stuck until I hear back from this girl about whether she can get her own cat fixed or not.

I do have a spay/neuter voucher from the Centre Hall SPCA (I have to go there and pick it up but that shouldn't be hard) but I'm just stuck at this point with what to do with him after I get him.

I will tell Ashley (the semi-owner of Tigger) that I have a voucher to get him fixed if I could send it to her vets but she needs to make sure it's done before I get there so that way at least that would be taken care of and figure out how to pay for the medical expenses and what not.

I will keep everyone updated as to what she has to say tomorrow night.

Melissa

Catty1
08-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Melissa - thanks. Would this "girl" even GET Tigger to a vet?

Anyway, I have some $$ to help with gas and medical stuff.

Could Ashley not take him in for a little while?

Anyway, looking forward to updates.

POOR TIGGER - he kept coming back to her and she just laughed???!!? :mad:

Can you get a spay voucher for HER?

doolittleky
08-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Melissa, this person sounds like someone I wouldn't trust to get Tigger to the vet and get the medical stuff done that needs to be done before Jenn can take Tigger. I know you are full at the moment but I was wondering if the best thing to do for Tigger would be for you to go pick him up and see about boarding him at the vet asnd getting the medical stuff done while he is there. i realize that takes money and maybe with the donations that have been offered the vet bill and boarding can be taken out of the donations. It is so cruel for them to leave him in the woods and how sad that he finds his way back to people that could care less for him. he sounds like a sweetheart and I wish I could take him.
Melissa

Anikaca77
08-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Cathy,

I don't know if she would even get Tigger to a vet. Who knows. Thank you very much for saying you would help with gas and medical stuff I appreciate and.

Ashley is actually the owner of Tigger, my husband is going to check wit h a friend but we'll see about that option.

Hopefully maybe if it comes down to it the friend of Ashely will take the cat for a little while but we'll see tomorrow night.

Thanks again,
Melissa

Melissa - thanks. Would this "girl" even GET Tigger to a vet?

Anyway, I have some $$ to help with gas and medical stuff.

Could Ashley not take him in for a little while?

Anyway, looking forward to updates.

POOR TIGGER - he kept coming back to her and she just laughed???!!? :mad:

Can you get a spay voucher for HER?

Anikaca77
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Melissa,

I could check on the boarding costs of the one place I know and see if it would work.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa, this person sounds like someone I wouldn't trust to get Tigger to the vet and get the medical stuff done that needs to be done before Jenn can take Tigger. I know you are full at the moment but I was wondering if the best thing to do for Tigger would be for you to go pick him up and see about boarding him at the vet asnd getting the medical stuff done while he is there. i realize that takes money and maybe with the donations that have been offered the vet bill and boarding can be taken out of the donations. It is so cruel for them to leave him in the woods and how sad that he finds his way back to people that could care less for him. he sounds like a sweetheart and I wish I could take him.
Melissa

Anikaca77
08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
One more thing I forgot to mention is the voucher I have from the Centre Hall, SPCA might not work if I want to board this cat first we'll see what the costs will be when I call tomorrow morning.

Melissa

Anikaca77
08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi,

Sorry for all of these posts but I just spoke with my husband about all this and of course he's on board for saving Tigger so we are planning right now to go to Hubbard this Saturday to get Tigger. My husband pretty much grew up in the town next to Hubbard so we will be able to get there with no problems :) We will figure out how where we are going to keep him and what not after I figure out the boarding costs and stuff.

Anyone interested in donating can send to the TIGGER FUND in care of my paypal account.

[email protected]

If anyone would like to call me or anything please pm me and I'd be glad to give you my phone number.

Thanks,

Melissa

jennielynn1970
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Melissa/Annika,
I live in Allentown, Pa., and have been out toward State College (actually picked up cats at the Huntingdon HS a few months ago for our shelter).

If you can get the cat, atleast get him tested and vaccinated, I'll go to the vet that does clinics and get the neutering. I'll can call my connection and see when she's doing a group of them again. Sassy is all by his lonesome upstairs, so if he can be nice and not pick on Sassy, we'll be good to go. We can then figure out a way to get him here (meet in the middle or me go out there on a day that I have off on the weekend (I have to figure out schedule with Full time and Part Time job... so patience is a must on this part...)

Anikaca77
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Jenn,

Okay here is what I found out so far.

The one place does boarding Monday - Friday so I could keep him there as long as he does not test positive for FIV/FELV. So I will probably just keep him at my house then on Saturday night and Sunday night.

As far as I have heard that this cat is very friendly but we'll see of course how he acts with Sassy. I really hope he does okay.

I could drive to Allentown on that following Saturday although I don't know my way around Allentown but I do know where Cabela's is, I know that's though 40 mins from Allentown but we could meet there if that would be okay or we could meet closer to Allentown if you prefer. My brother lives in Emmaus...near Dorney park we could always try to meet there as well.

I can also try to cut the cost of Boarding and just drive him there sometime during that week following his surgery and shots.

I'm going to call Orphans of The Storm since Mt. Nittany Vet. Hospital takes the coupon for the neutering as long as I can get one.

The cost for the coupon would be $55 which includes fixing, rabies, and distempermant.

If I don't get the coupon it would be ~$160 to neuter, rabies, and distempermant from the vets.

To FIV/FELV test Tigger it would be $38 and the cost to board Tigger is $14 a night as long as I pick him up by Friday at noon I don't get charged for that day.

So with the boarding costs that is: $56 for 4 days, Plus $55 for the neuter coupon (which I intend to call about today to get the coupon and hopefully I can give them a check over the phone since I don't get paid till Thursday) then $38 to combo test, then if he needs any type of flea medicine or ear medicine that could be another $30 or so...so the total as of right now as long as I can get the coupon from the Orphans of the Storm the price would be about $179 not including gas money or anything but we'll make it work somehow.

I will be patent don't worry. I'm just so glad you are willing to help take him in.

Thanks!

Melissa

Melissa/Annika,
I live in Allentown, Pa., and have been out toward State College (actually picked up cats at the Huntingdon HS a few months ago for our shelter).

If you can get the cat, atleast get him tested and vaccinated, I'll go to the vet that does clinics and get the neutering. I'll can call my connection and see when she's doing a group of them again. Sassy is all by his lonesome upstairs, so if he can be nice and not pick on Sassy, we'll be good to go. We can then figure out a way to get him here (meet in the middle or me go out there on a day that I have off on the weekend (I have to figure out schedule with Full time and Part Time job... so patience is a must on this part...)

Anikaca77
08-27-2007, 08:23 AM
:mad: I just got an e-mail from Ashley's friend (the one who posted the ad on state college.com) saying this:

Thanks but they can not afford to have that done. With what they had to
spend for moving, they can not afford it.
Thanks anyway

and here is the other e-mail she sent right after it

You can pick him up but he will not be fixed or have any testing. They can
not afford to have those done.

Maybe they should of thought of the cost before getting a cat!

Some people. :mad: I will just be so happy once I'm able to get Tigger in my arms.

Melissa

Catty1
08-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Glad you can go get him! I hope that idiot thinks twice before EVER getting another pet!

Looking forward to Tigger being in your arms - and I bet you are too! :)

Anikaca77
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah me too and thank you again for your kind donation! I really appreciate it and I'm sure Tigger will too.

Glad you can go get him! I hope that idiot thinks twice before EVER getting another pet!

Anikaca77
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Ok another update, I just spoke with Orphans of the Storm and I have to send them a check first so I'm going to mail out a check for $55 so hopefully I will get the coupon in the mail by the end of this week to take it to Mt. Nittany next Monday.

Also, Jenn what happens if the cat turns out FIV or FELV positive?

Thanks,
Melissa

Anikaca77
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I tried call the girl tonight and I haven't heard anything yet so I'm going to try in a little bit so we'll see.

Melissa

jennielynn1970
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Well, I can't take in a FeLV positive cat. I just don't have a space for one of them.

As for FIV+, I do have another FIV+ boy here, but he can sometimes be not very friendly with male cats. I will keep him here with my non-FIV+ boy upstairs if he's negative. If he's positive and not aggressive, I will try to keep him here as well. I really don't want to put a cat in the shelter.

One major thing that worries me is that I don't want to have another cat that is going to be unadoptable, and then have a cat living here for years as a foster. I am over the city limit by 5 right now (double the limit). There is a possibility that I could put him in our shelter if he's negative for FeLV and doesn't get along with my foster Sassy. I don't want to doom any cat to the shelter, but I guess it would be better than nothing. If he's negative for FeLV and FIV, and he's in good health and will be updated on his shots and neutered and will be able to handle being on display, he could go to PetSmart in the future as well. Any cat that is positive for anything or ill in any way is not allowed in PetSmart (their rules).

As for when to meet, I can't say right now because I don't know what my schedule is going to be for my PT job. I'm hoping to be able to know what it will be in a few days. I'll be there tomorrow night, so if I get an update, I'll let you know ASAP.

Anikaca77
08-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Jenn,

Sounds good we will just have to wait and see what happens that following Monday when I take him to the vets and see if he's good to go or what at that time.

Thank you again so much,

Melissa

Well, I can't take in a FeLV positive cat. I just don't have a space for one of them.

As for FIV+, I do have another FIV+ boy here, but he can sometimes be not very friendly with male cats. I will keep him here with my non-FIV+ boy upstairs if he's negative. If he's positive and not aggressive, I will try to keep him here as well. I really don't want to put a cat in the shelter.

One major thing that worries me is that I don't want to have another cat that is going to be unadoptable, and then have a cat living here for years as a foster. I am over the city limit by 5 right now (double the limit). There is a possibility that I could put him in our shelter if he's negative for FeLV and doesn't get along with my foster Sassy. I don't want to doom any cat to the shelter, but I guess it would be better than nothing. If he's negative for FeLV and FIV, and he's in good health and will be updated on his shots and neutered and will be able to handle being on display, he could go to PetSmart in the future as well. Any cat that is positive for anything or ill in any way is not allowed in PetSmart (their rules).

As for when to meet, I can't say right now because I don't know what my schedule is going to be for my PT job. I'm hoping to be able to know what it will be in a few days. I'll be there tomorrow night, so if I get an update, I'll let you know ASAP.

Anikaca77
08-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Do you have any ideas on how I can raise money quickly?

I'm really strapped for cash and if I don't have a enough I might not be able to go this Saturday.

Melissa

jennielynn1970
08-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Raising money quickly....

Cheapcycle some things you don't need.

Donate plasma.

Only things I can think of that are legal... ;) :p

Anikaca77
08-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Sadly, I'm not allowed to donate plasma or I would. I'll ask around :)

Thanks!
Melissa

Raising money quickly....

Cheapcycle some things you don't need.

Donate plasma.

Only things I can think of that are legal... ;) :p

Catty1
08-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Ask family for a small loan?

Ask for an advance at work?

Ask for DONATIONS at work?

Denyce
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Melissa,

Ok I really want to see you get the cat if at all possible. But I just thought I would mention of you are thinking of this coming Monday, Sept 3rd that is Labor Day and I am pretty sure Mt. Nittany is closed. I really wish I could donate something to you. But I just had 150 dollar vet bill on Kaliban and then we had to have Dr. Metrey come out at 8:30 Friday evening to help her to the Bridge and I haven't received the bill for that yet. :(

I was at Shirley's yesterday giving her a small hand and she said you have been really helping her a lot. Thank you. :) We checked Toby's sugar levels and they were over 340. I have some glipizide I can donate to her if Michelotti wants to go that route.

Anikaca77
08-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I will go to Ohio this weekend to get Tigger only because he deserves to be given a chance at a happy life rather then being with people who try to leave him outside.

Don't worry I completely understand about money....I have to take my new kitten to the vets today and right off the bat just for walking in is $36 not including any meds....plus last week I spent $40 on Hermes to find out he has a sensitive stomach so now he's on special food and so are the rest of them...

I did call Mt. Nittany this morning and yes they are closed on Monday so I will just keep Tigger an extra day and if he does not test positive then maybe he will come back to the house but I'm not sure how my other cats are going to react when I'm trying to get them use to someone now...

No problems...I'm glad you mentioned it and once I saw her article in the CDT it made me want to help her out more....she adopted out 5 kittens this weekend and then I think another 2 on Monday...I did hear last night that she took 2 more in but I'm going to give her a call tonight and possibly go over and get more pictures of the kitties and start getting them on petfinder and statecollege.com

Your thoughts are worth more in money :)
Thanks,
Melissa

Ok I really want to see you get the cat if at all possible. But I just thought I would mention of you are thinking of this coming Monday, Sept 3rd that is Labor Day and I am pretty sure Mt. Nittany is closed. I really wish I could donate something to you. But I just had 150 dollar vet bill on Kaliban and then we had to have Dr. Metrey come out at 8:30 Friday evening to help her to the Bridge and I haven't received the bill for that yet. :(

I was at Shirley's yesterday giving her a small hand and she said you have been really helping her a lot. Thank you. :) We checked Toby's sugar levels and they were over 340. I have some glipizide I can donate to her if Michelotti wants to go that route.[/QUOTE]

doolittleky
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Melissa, how much has been donated so far? I think it might help to keep a running toll on the board so others know how much has been donated and how much more is needed.
melissa

Anikaca77
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I WILL/HAVE RECEIVED $66.91 IN DONATIONS SO FAR.

I DID MAIL A CHECK FOR $55 TO ORPHANS OF THE STORM TO GET THE NEUTERING COUPON SO HE CAN GET CHECKED UP FIXED, AND SHOTS.

SO THE TOTAL LEFT I NEED IS $56.09 BUT WITH BOARDING COSTS IT WOULD BE ANOTHER $56.00 (4 NIGHTS) and to be honest I would rather board him only because my kitten I just took to the vets has an URI SO THE GRAND TOTAL OF WHAT I NEED IS: $112.00 but of course that does not include gas for 6 hours...or gas for another 3 hours to drive to allentown it usually cost my car about $40 to fill up a tank and I'm assuming it would take 2 tanks for fill it up to go to allentown and back and to go to Ohio and back.

Melissa, how much has been donated so far? I think it might help to keep a running toll on the board so others know how much has been donated and how much more is needed.
melissa

Anikaca77
08-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Well I finally got a hold of Ashley owner of Tigger and she won't be home on Saturday but her friend who posted the ad on statecollege.com is going to be holding Tigger for me on Saturday to pick him up.

Well that's all for now.

Melissa

Anikaca77
08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I just got another donations so the total is down to: $94!!! to go!!!!

One more thing I need to add. I may not financially be able to afford to travel to Ohio to get Tigger. I have had several medical dr appts come up this past week which has taken a lot of the money I was going to put towards getting Tigger this Saturday. I'm afraid I might be loosing this battle to get him. :( I will try even if I can't get enough donations but I really need help bad.

Melissa

Anikaca77
08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
see post 68

Catty1
08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Melissa - will anyone at work donate???

Would it be cheaper to take a carrier and the Greyhound bus or something? Maybe Ashley could pick you up?

SHE at least should help you get there, donations or etc.

Anikaca77
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Ashley has now turned her cat over to her friend so I'm not dealing with Ashley anymore. Her friend who does not want to keep the cat because of her own issues with her cats is going to be holding the cat for me on Saturday.

It might be cheaper to take a greyhound but to be honest it's just I'm so strapped to think how am I even going to get this cat to Allentown once I have him...

I just recently asked my co-workers to donate to another cause and I only got one donation at that point.

I'm going to try as much as possible to go to Ohio but with just my paycheck and rent due it is going to be hard.

I was thinking of listing stuff on Ebay and have them end on Sunday to see if I can raise enough money. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa - will anyone at work donate???

Would it be cheaper to take a carrier and the Greyhound bus or something? Maybe Ashley could pick you up?

SHE at least should help you get there, donations or etc.

kt_luvs_kitties
08-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Are you all taking paypal? I could donate maybe a small amount, in a few days, if that will work?

Catty1
08-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Do you still work right next door to your congressman's office? And you know someone there, right?

Try for donations there. :)

Anikaca77
08-30-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm So Happy Right Now I Have All The Money I Need Right Now!!!

Thank You All So Much For The Donations!!! I Will Keep You All Posted On What Time I Will Be Going To Get Tigger And Bringing Him Back Here To State College, Pa.

Thank You All Again So Much I Can't Express My Gratitude!!! Tigger Will Be Very Happy As Well. I Will Be Going To Walmart To Get Him The Stuff He Needs To Stay Here For First Couple Of Days! He Will Be Very Happy And I'm So Happy!!! Thank You All Again For Who Donated And Who Has Sent Us Prays!!

Thank You,
Melissa

Catty1
08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I am SO GLAD this worked out!

Heck, PTrs have flown two cats from Bahrain to the USA - so Ohio is nuthin'! :D

Now Tigger needs LOTS of PT hugs - would you pass them on, Melissa? :)

jennielynn1970
08-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I'll drive to State College, don't worry about driving here. We'll just have to figure out when I can come after work. It will have to be a day I don't work my PT job. Will let you know as soon as I can on that one. I have no issues with road trips, lol.

Anikaca77
08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Thank you Jenn so much I'm really hoping he is test negative too!!

Melissa

phesina
08-30-2007, 06:10 PM
What wonderful news! I am so glad this is working out!

Anikaca77
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Well tomorrow is the BIG day. I'm leaving at 9:30 a.m. and I found someone who will be picking up Tigger for me meeting me in Clarion PA which is 2 hours away. I should be at Clarion at 11:30 a.m. and I should have Tigger back to my house at about 1:30 p.m.

:)

I can't wait to meet him.

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Anikaca77, I've been following this thread and I'm so glad to hear that everything has been worked out to save this sweet cat.:) Good luck.:)

Anikaca77
09-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Well today is the day that Tigger gets saved :) YEAH!!!

So far I have to run to vets this morning to get some more medicine (immune booster) for my new kitten Fiona, who has gotten worse with her cold but I'm sure she will be fine in a few days.

I'll let you all know when I have him safe and sound back here at my house.

Ta ta for now,
Melissa

Anikaca77
09-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Well I have Tigger now. He's underweight which I didn't think he would be but he will gain some weight I'm sure before Jenn comes and gets him.

He handled the car ride very well and now he's in the bathroom crying but we just got him so food he loved it and some water and some new toys for him so hopefully soon he will settle down and just relax...it's been a busy day for him.

Thank you all so much again for all your help I couldn't have done without you all.

Melissa

rg_girlca
09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm so glad that you have him now. Once he settles down, I hope you can get some pictures of him for us to see.

I know I probably don't have to tell you this, but make sure you keep Fiona away from him and wash your hands good before you go into see Tigger. I'm sure his immune system could be low due to not having any vet care and being so thin. Poor baby.

Catty1
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Great news! I'm sure Tigger will get some cuddles, too, before Auntie Jenn arrives! Poor baby is hungry in more ways than one!

Ya done good, Melissa!

jennielynn1970
09-01-2007, 07:58 PM
So, not only did they neglect him medically, but they weren't feeding him much either?! Freaking people. How would they like it if someone did that to them?!

I'm glad he's doing ok. He's probably scared and overwhelmed from all the changes he's been going through. Poor boy.

Let me know what the vet says... and give him some hugs and scritchies from me. How is he doing otherwise? Does he seem affectionate?

Medusa
09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
He'll fatten up now that he's going to get lots of TLC and good nutrition. I'm so glad you got 'im.

phesina
09-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Fantastic news!!!!!

rg_girlca
09-02-2007, 12:51 PM
How is it going with Tigger today?

catmandu
09-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Sme Nutrience Canned Kitten Food Ad Nutro Complete Indoor Dryand Tigger Will Be Back To His Beat Weight Very Soon!
We Have Les That Hes Adopted.
We Love A Happy Ending Here And Its Great That Tigger Has Won The Furr Ever Home Lottery.

Anikaca77
09-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Sorry I haven't been replying much between Tigger being here and Fiona being sick and I'm trying to help Shirley trap some cats and kittens out in bellefonte i don't feel I've had anytime to breath. Well Tigger does seem affectionate he is a little freaked but once I sweet talk him he seems to be doing well with that. He's not so much for being picked up but he does like to be scratched. I'm not sure how he will be with other cats my cats are just hissing at the door because I think they can smell the male in their. But otherwise things are going pretty good for him and I will get some photos and post them and I will let you know about what the vets says on Tuesday which I'm hoping to leave him there and then for him to be fixed on Wednesday and then he'll be good to go when you can get here for him :)

Talk with you all later.

So, not only did they neglect him medically, but they weren't feeding him much either?! Freaking people. How would they like it if someone did that to them?!

I'm glad he's doing ok. He's probably scared and overwhelmed from all the changes he's been going through. Poor boy.

Let me know what the vet says... and give him some hugs and scritchies from me. How is he doing otherwise? Does he seem affectionate?