PDA

View Full Version : Mocha has to go to the Vets tomarrow.*Update Post #9*

critter crazy
08-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Ugghhh...Poor Mocha isnt feeling very well. i have no idea what is wrong, but she just isnt acting herself. She is sleeping alot, she has thrown up a few times, isnt eating like normal, and defnitely isnt playing at all. I feel so bad for her. so Tomarrow morning she has an appointment to see our vet, and hopefully find out what is wrong with her. Days like this make me wish that cats could tell us what is bothering them, I just wish there was more that I could do. I hate seeing her like this, she seems so sad. If you could send some prayers Mocha's way, that she will be okay soon.:(

Kirsten
08-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Poor girl!!! Hope it's "just" a stomach flu!!

I'll keep her in my thoughts, and I hope she will soon feel better!

Kirsten

koxka
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Hope is nothing serious.Keep up posted.

Medusa
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Prayers on the way to Mocha......

lvpets2002
08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
:( I am so sorry Mocha not feeling well right now.. Good Luck at the Vets Sweetie Cutie Girl.. Sending Lots of Whisker Huggss & Prayers.. Let us know the outcome..

catmandu
08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Mocha, This Is Precious.
Dad Doesnt Know It But Sam Angel Told Me I Am Going To The Vets Tomorrow Too. He Says For Us Not To Be Afraid As We Will Feel Much Better Soon.
You Can Take That To The Bank Mocha As Sam Is A Honest Angel.
I Know That There Will Be Angels To Talk To Us And Bring Us Snacks From Dollywood!!

momcat
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Prayers are being prayed for sweet Mocha that the problem is minor and easily treated. Please let us know what your vet has to say?

jennielynn1970
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
OH! I hope everything will be ok with Mocha! Big hugs heading her way!

critter crazy
08-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Mocha is back from the vets, and well....she isnt happy!! She has another URI and has to be on Amoxicillan again! She hates taking Amoxicillan!! Not to mention, taking it 3 times a day!! But at least I feel much better jknowing what is wrong with her. I suspected another URI, I could see it in her face. Hopefully she will be back to her normal playfull self again, before you know it!!

Mocha also got weighed today! Can you guess how much my gorgeous 11 month old fluffy girl weighs?????? How about 11 pounds!! I can even begin to imagine how much she will weigh when she is healthy!!:eek:

Autumn went with us today, just so the doc can see her eyes, and check on her progress! The vet is very pleased! she is doing great! He looked at her teeth again, and seems to think she might be closer to 4 months than five. She also got weighed, and only tops in at 3 pounds. Such a petite little thing!

I also talked to him about Bagheera, and trying to get her to gain weight, and he said it will be a losing battle till the babies are weaned. I just need to make sure that she continues to have access to food all day long, and that is high quality kitten food. at least I feel better, and in a few weeks hopefully we will begin to see her gain some weight!

So all in all, a good day at the vets!!:)

kittycats_delight
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Poor Mocha...hopefully she is not one of those kits who ends up having to battle URIs all the time. Was she ever vaccinated for it? But then again seeing how bad it was when you brought her home I am really not surprised she has another. She certainly is a big girl. Vixen is 3 and weighs 12 lbs and she is a little fluffy(and I am not talking about her fur :p). Hope that the nasty URI will go away quickly and she can get back to enjoying the fun life of being a pampered kitty.

You must be kidding about Autumn's weight. 3 lbs at 4 months....Frost isn't even 3 months yet and he is almost 4 lbs and Vega is almost 7 lbs at 5 months. She really is a tiny little thing.

I know the 'pain' of trying to get a skinny minnie nursing mom to gain weight. Bella was the same way (also a black shorthair BTW). She has not nursed the babies in about 6 weeks and she is still super skinny. She is still on high quality cat food (all my cats are) and she eats like a horse. Hopefully now she is spayed she will gain some weight and with some luck Bagheera will too.

Headbumpies too all the kits. And a tummy rub for poor Mocha. Vega sends a special kitty whisker kiss too.

critter crazy
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Poor Mocha...hopefully she is not one of those kits who ends up having to battle URIs all the time. Was she ever vaccinated for it? But then again seeing how bad it was when you brought her home I am really not surprised she has another. She certainly is a big girl. Vixen is 3 and weighs 12 lbs and she is a little fluffy(and I am not talking about her fur :p). Hope that the nasty URI will go away quickly and she can get back to enjoying the fun life of being a pampered kitty.

You must be kidding about Autumn's weight. 3 lbs at 4 months....Frost isn't even 3 months yet and he is almost 4 lbs and Vega is almost 7 lbs at 5 months. She really is a tiny little thing.

I know the 'pain' of trying to get a skinny minnie nursing mom to gain weight. Bella was the same way (also a black shorthair BTW). She has not nursed the babies in about 6 weeks and she is still super skinny. She is still on high quality cat food (all my cats are) and she eats like a horse. Hopefully now she is spayed she will gain some weight and with some luck Bagheera will too.

Headbumpies too all the kits. And a tummy rub for poor Mocha. Vega sends a special kitty whisker kiss too.

Well the vet suspects that Mocha will probably always have to Battle the Occasional URI. But as long as we keep on it, and not let it get realy bad, she will bounce right back, and heal quickly. She has realy taken a disliking to her meds tho, I have never had such fight getting down meds, as I did today. For such a sick kitty, she sure does have alot of spunk left!!:rolleyes:

Yeah Autumn is tiny!! That is why the vet re-checked her all over. He thinks that her bad nutrition, during her most important time of need, has made her such a petite kitty. but she is very healthy, he was very pleased with how she has come along. She has o go back next month, to get the last f her shots, as well as her spay. so hopefully we will see an increase in her weight. Hard to believe this little girl has only been here, just short of 3 weeks!!