PDA

View Full Version : Very Scary Night

NicoleLJ
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I had an awful night last night. As some of you know I am 7 months pregnant. Well last night I started bleeding. So we called family to come and watch the kids and the pups(good thing we had this plan set up just in case) and hubby rushed me to the hospital. Where they ended up making me stay the night for observation. This morning the bleeding had slowed and I was not having any cramping so they made it perfectly clear that I am to not do anything(Easier said then done with a toddler and a litter on the ground) and said I can go home till my ultrasound tomorrow. Which is better for me since I was more stressed out being at teh hospital and out of my home that it was worrying them. If there was any more bleeding or cramping or anything then I am to come back in. So today I am on bed rest and I have an appointment to go to an ultrasound and see my doctor tomorrow.

Ugg. But the good news is I came home to find my family hard at work giving my home a fresh cleaning to make sure it would be ready for the adopters visiting this week. Hubby will be taking the pups to the vets today for thier shots and microchips while I rest and he also has tomorrow off as well for my appointments.

I have been strickly told that for the rest of my pregnancy I am to stay off my feet as much as possible no lifting of anything and no work. They said it is all the lifting and hard work I have been doing that had caused it. So now we are setting up arrangements to have family help with the kids, house and pups so I can still do everything I planned without the work. THANK GOODNESS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

So now I am on bedrest and hating it. I hate watching everyone else do my work. I feel bad that others are doing it when it is my work to do. But i have no choice.

So please pray that all settles down and no more complications happen. Thanks all for listening.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

Freedom
08-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Nicole, you have been working like a team of oxen! Lighten up on yourself, and consider that you have earned this rest. Besides, it's what's best for you and the baby now.

Um,... posting photos on PT doesn't involve lifting and hard work, does it? :p

Daisy and Delilah
08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes!! Please take it easy! Slow down and relax. Thoughts and prayers going out to you from Florida :)

critter crazy
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Nicole take it easy hun! Geesh, you had us scared there for a moment. i know how much it stinks, having to lay around, and watch everyone do your work for you, but you have to do it hun. Before you know it, the baby will be born, and you will be running around like superwoman again, but for now, just try to relax and take it easy! :)

moosmom
08-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Easy does it girl. Do what the doctor says!! ;)

lizbud
08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Rest & relax for you & the baby. and it's not just YOUR work. Keeping up
on things is everybody's job, you can just handle the directing. :)

Muddy4paws
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
No one is going to mind doing your jobs for you especially if you are pregnant, its the great thing about having your friends and family around you. Soo take it easy! Do as the doctor says! :D

NicoleLJ
08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks so much all. Your responses have cheered me up somewhat and left me feeling less guilty. We bought everyone lunch to thank them all and also got teh women flowers and the kids stuffies agian as a thank you. So everyone has smiles on their faces. Hubby picked it all up after the vet appointment.

Luckily the pups should be crashed out for most of the day now. So I can rest knowing that I am not that needed.
Nicole & Sheena & puppies

Catty1
08-20-2007, 07:46 PM
You cared for your dog and her beautiful babies - now you have to make yourself and your human "puppy" the priority. :)

Two healthy, happy moms is the goal here! :D

K9karen
08-20-2007, 11:01 PM
I think you have an awesome support system and have set an excellent example as a beautiful person and teacher. Now it's time for you to rest (Ok you can keep one eye open but DON'T budge)You'll have plenty of time to run around again! Hugs!

NicoleLJ
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Just got back. The ultrasound was great. Got to see him moving around and the heart beat. I am having a boy just so you all know. And he is due around October 8th. Which is 4 days before my 2yr olds b-day. lol Currently he is 4 LBS 13 OZ. Right where he should be. So all that went well.

But I am on strict orders to do nothing. Litterally. I am to sleep as much as possible and stay off my feet. My doctor agreed with the emergency doctor that I was doing way too much. He also said NO STRESS. I hate it when doctors say that because there is very little I can do to control some of the stress in my life.

So good news and ugg news. But the baby is very active and healthy. So that is the most important thing.

Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it. I am very stressed and worried about this. My doctor wants to see me every week now(which he never did before till the last month). And to go straight to Emergency if bleeding starts agian.

So that is the update.
Nicole & Sheena & puppies

Karen
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Do follow doctor's orders - you want Sprout inside as long as possible, so his lungs can develop properly! Nothing means nothing, mom!