PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKING customer service

Lady's Human
08-20-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm installing a whole house water filter and water softener. In the process of installing the systems, I dropped the cover to the filtration unit. No big deal, no damage done, except for two wires pulled out of a connector. I can put the wires back into the connector, but I need to know where to put them.

So, I dial the dreaded customer support hotline.

And get a person with an accent :rolleyes: (sigh, here we go again) .

In MINNESOTA, (midwestern accent, just had to pick on the upper midwest) from the factory where they make the product, who actually KNOWS WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!!! :D :D

I told her what happened, to which she said I wasn't the only one, and told me the green wire goes here, the orange wire goes there, but they're a pain in the tail to re-install, so we're going to send you a new harness anyway. :eek:

Whirlpool just went to the top of the list for future appliance purchases.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Are you sure you heard her right?

Sirrahsim
08-20-2007, 09:39 AM
A customer service rep with an accent that you could actually understand??? Maybe it was a weird dialect of English where "We'll send you a new one" actually means "You're out of luck" :D

That's great news :)

lizbud
08-20-2007, 12:01 PM
An American Customer Service center, that is amazing. :)

Freedom
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
An American Customer Service center, that is amazing. :)
All I can say is WOW!

sirrahbed
08-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Sad to say - but that IS amazing :D I will keep Whirlpool in mind as we will soon be shopping for a new dryer. Did you buy a service agreement or was this standard HELP?? :eek: ;)

I am currently dealing with Ameritech and trying ask questions about changing the plan for my dsl and I cannot get a tech support person I can understand. Sooo frustrating!! Is Ameritech run from somewhere OUT of the country?? I don't want this thread moved to the doghouse, so if somebody knows why it seems impossible to get an easy-to-understand tech person, will you PM me?

Seriously - I am happy to read this and wish it was not unusual enough to post about, but it IS! THANKS! :D

Lady's Human
08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
I hope you're sitting down.............

No service plan. This is evidently standard help!

sirrahbed
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Must add my OWN story about more shocking customer service :eek:

After I read this post, I made a phone call I have been dreading and that is about the water level in my brand new washing machine. It did not seem to fill as full as my old machine that just broke down. I did NOT purchase the service warranty and since I bought it from our base exchange warehouse, there is nobody local to call. So I gulped and dialed the number.

A very pleasant woman with a southern accent (located in Georgia) answered and helped me! She evenly patiently waited while I filled my machine with water to see how many holes show above the top of the water.......turns out that the water level is factory set and perfect :) She also told me about a reset button that lets me manually add more for a really hefty load. Soooo....that is MY service story. I will happily buy the matching dryer now - Frigidaire made by Electrolux :D

Hellow
08-20-2007, 04:51 PM
A very pleasant woman with a southern accent (located in Georgia) answered and helped me!
Howdy ya'll, im from georgia!
I really am! ANd i probabably sound similar to her, except without the high pitch because im a man.

lizbud
08-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I am currently dealing with Ameritech and trying ask questions about changing the plan for my dsl and I cannot get a tech support person I can understand. Sooo frustrating!! Is Ameritech run from somewhere OUT of the country?? I don't want this thread moved to the doghouse, so if somebody knows why it seems impossible to get an easy-to-understand tech person, will you PM me?

Why would this thread get moved to the dog house? Most all big companies
use overseas help for their call centers. Probably because the labor is cheaper
there. I know AT&T & DEll , both use call centers in India.Most of the people
I had to talk with had very thick accents. Very hard to commuicate with them.

Sirrahsim
08-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Why would this thread get moved to the dog house? Most all big companies
use overseas help for their call centers. Probably because the labor is cheaper
there. I know AT&T & DEll , both use call centers in India.Most of the people
I had to talk with had very thick accents. Very hard to commuicate with them.
In recent history anything that touched on ethnicity/accents has gotten out of hand rather quickly... That's why :)

Bengalz
08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Did you get her name? Whenever I've had a positive "Service Experience" I make a point of getting the person's name and then write a letter to his/her supervisor commending them on their professionalism, expertise and good manners. Sadly, this seems to have become a rare thing for many and therefore, those who take the time to do their jobs well should be acknowledged, in my opinion.

Betty

sirrahbed
08-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Did you get her name?

Yup I did. It was "Crystal":) There was a survey to take at the end of the call :) I also try to recognize good service when it happens.