PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera advice?

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 12:55 AM
I am finally considering purchasing one.

Targt has a sale on two models-

One is a Polaroid i533-it has a 3x zoom and 5 megapixels.

The other is a Mpeg-4 camcorder/camera w/6 megapixels made by AIPTEK- I have never heard of this company before.

The AIPTEK Is 7 bucks cheaper, but is a camcorder..

I was wondering is anyone had any experience with witer model? thanks!

Barbara
08-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I always look at www.dpreview.com -there are lots and lots of reviews.
I am such an ignorant myself.

Edited: corrected it- the hyphen slid in the address.

Ginger's Mom
08-20-2007, 06:00 AM
I couldn't get Barbara's link to work, but I was going to recommend the same website. Here is the side by side comparison page. (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp) I used this page when looking for a new camera on eBay. I would pick out cameras at a price I was willing to pay and compare them here. It took a couple of weeks before I got a camera, but I got a great deal on a new Canon A560.

wombat2u2004
08-20-2007, 06:52 AM
This link works

http://www.dpreview.com/

Wom

kittycats_delight
08-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Richard...I have always been a fan of polaroid but IMO just like Kodak they never made a 'good' transtition into the digital market. I have no idea about the other company. Never heard of them either. Really I would take a look at what is out there in the price you are willing to pay. If you are looking to spend little there are tons of nice little cameras for $100-$150. Do a comparsion on the prices and what they offer. If you want I can even do it for you. I spent weeks going over the best deal for my dollar when I got my new camera and by the time I choose I decided on a camera that I wouldn't have even considered and am super happy with the deal I got and the camera.

Check out circuitcity and best buys too. Best buys has some great deals on cameras and they have a nice selection as well.

ETA: Check out this link (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Digital-Cameras/sem/rpsm/catOid/-16941/N/20013061+20016941+316941001/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do)

Freedom
08-20-2007, 07:42 AM
I also used dpreview when I was looking to buy my first digital, this past June.

The other thing I did was make a spreadsheet listing all the features I was concerned about. Things like does it come WITH the bacle or are they sold separately. I had 2 cameras almost neck and neck and realized one used 2 AA batteries and the other used 4!

You mention the one camera has 3x zoom, but you don't say if that is digital or optical? There IS a difference! I had those listed as 2 separate items on my spreadsheet.

And like Ginger's Mom, I went with the Canon A560.

kittycats_delight
08-20-2007, 08:03 AM
I also used dpreview when I was looking to buy my first digital, this past June.

The other thing I did was make a spreadsheet listing all the features I was concerned about. Things like does it come WITH the bacle or are they sold separately. I had 2 cameras almost neck and neck and realized one used 2 AA batteries and the other used 4!

You mention the one camera has 3x zoom, but you don't say if that is digital or optical? There IS a difference! I had those listed as 2 separate items on my spreadsheet.

And like Ginger's Mom, I went with the Canon A560.

Sandra I checked out the polaroid and it has 3x optical and 4x digital. It seems to be an ok little camera but I know there are others out there for about the same price that are better. Have better features and are just better overall for picture quality and stuff.