PDA

View Full Version : Forget the homework, go for the iPod..

Giselle
08-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Ugh. I'm so angry at Ivy.

For five months, I have tolerated her teething. Cable cords, books, clothes, shoes, chairs, tables, fine. Go at it, Ivy. I don't care. Those things never meant much to me and they were replaceable with $20 at most.

But when you go for my iPod, the Coach iPod case, and my $400 glasses that I am in love with, you've crossed the line. I can't even put into words how angry, upset, and heartbroken I am. I know it's all material, but those three items were the most used and most cherished material items I own. And together they cost at least $650. We don't have that kind of money!!

I am NEVER going through puppyhood again!!

Flatcoatluver
08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Geesh.. one reason I got Sage instead of a pup.

I'm so sorry that happend. The worst thing Zoey ever chew up was a whole 36 package of pepsi and the can's to go with it, our garage was a mess. We lucked out on T.j, he was never a big chewer. (((HUGS)))

Karen
08-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Do the glasses, at least, have some kind of guarantee or insurance on them? If they are less than a year old, you might check with where you got them - you may be able to at least get the lenses replaced free ... or half price anyway.

Yup - the prime lesson of puppy-ownership is to keep any treasured belonging up and out of her reach.

When I was a teenager, our Saint Bernard pup chewed/destroyed ONE shoe out of each pair I owned. Every time I forgot and left the closet door ajar ...
and I knew it was my own fool fault, but that didn't make it any cheaper!

jennielynn1970
08-17-2007, 10:08 PM
My one cat, Finae the dilute Tortie, is a chewer. She chews electrical cords, plastic bags, cardboard, boxes of any kind of material... you leave it out, she chews it. She chewed the ear pieces on my glasses too. She's a real pip, and she's not a kitten any more either. She's going on 8 years old and still does this! :o

chocolatepuppy
08-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with Ivy chewing. :( Some pups are worse than others. I had a Shepherd/Collie once that chewed until she was two years old! Yep, ate pieces out of the wooden basement steps and even ripped up the linolium in the kitchen. :rolleyes: It's pretty much hide everything and/or confine the pup any second you can't be watching her. I hope you have better luck with Ivy in the future. :)

Giselle
08-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Nope, no insurance or guarantee on the frame nor lenses. I just wish she had left the lenses intact. The frame doesn't bother me as much, but the lenses!!! :( We just are not financially able to throw away $650 like that and this just hurts very badly.

Uabassoon
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your things getting chewed :( The same thing happened to one of my best friends, she had used a bonus from work to finally get herself an ipod video and she only had it a few months before her bassett hound decided to eat it.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-18-2007, 12:17 AM
I know how you feel. Dance has been pretty good but there have been times that all I could do was look at her and think/say "I will never, ever get another puppy". I'm sorry Ivy chewed all of those things. I hope you can at least replace your glasses somehow. Hopefully Ivy starts behaving better soon!

caseysmom
08-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Sophie, I swore off puppies after bubba, he chewed through school books, dining room tables legs, you name it.

Never again! I will rescue a dog a few years old from now on.

Hellow
08-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I feel your pain. I got reggie as a puppy for my birthday. Well, my parents also bought me an brand new computer. Well, the next day it was destroyed. I still have it because the computer tower wasent harmed, but every wire leading to it was.

Freedom
08-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh dear! Sympathies; been there; had that type of thing happen. Don't know what more to say!

bckrazy
08-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Omg, Sophie! I'm sorry.... you must be SO bummed out. D: If Fozzie chewed up my ipod... I just don't know what I'd do! Those are not only pricey to buy, but all of the time & effort putting thousands of songs on them down the drain.

That blows. But, you know the anger will wear off. It always does. Material things suck to lose, but now you can learn from that, and "tighten the leash" per say on Ivy.

Fozzie started going through destrocto-puppy stage at about her age, and I just watched him like a hawk, and forced everyone else to. If people valued their posessions, they wouldn't leave them anywhere near where Fozzie could get them. Also remember, the crate & stuffed kongs are your friends!

You'll get through puppyhood! It does really suck that the stuff Ivy happened to think seemed tasty were so important & expensive.

Giselle
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys. Ivy is just *AHHH!!!*. Sometimes I don't know why I got her. Her breed mix is like neurotic and high endurance blended into one crazy, hyper puppy. It makes her a prime candidate for agility, though ;) Even though I'm still upset, I've heard worse stories (destroyed sofas, for example), and Ivy forgives me for all my shortcomings so I owe her the same. She is *not* allowed anywhere beyond the living room now and we've been crating her more. Only 3 more months until she's a power-tripping, rebellious adolescent! :D

So, per Karen's advice, Catnapper showed me a link to some cheapo glasses and I think I'll be ordering from there. A friend of mine also has a brand new iPod nano + a charger, and he said he's willing to sell it to me for $100. Raising puppies is oh so much fun!

lute
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh no. I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to loose prized items to puppy teeth. I've gone through any things I've had my whole life and things I've really cherrished. Hopefully Ivy will be done teething soon.

wolf_Q
08-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Hmm somehow I think Ivy and Keva would get along GREAT. :p Imagine all the things they could destroy together! :rolleyes: I'm sorry to hear about what happened, I don't have glasses, but if my iPod was chewed up...Keva don't get any ideas! How old is Ivy now? Not that it helps, but at least she's adorable!