PDA

View Full Version : I swear... I'm putting BOOTS on him!!!!!!*pics added*

pitc9
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Ugh... yes Buddy hurt his foot AGAIN!! :mad:

My hubby just called, he got home from work and let the dogs out of their crates and somehow Buddy managed to get his foot stuck in the crate.

(Because Buddy is still afraid of my hubby, flips out and runs out of his crate as fast as he can)

Well... his foot was stuck and he couldn't get it out on his own, so Rick stepped towards him and reached towards his foot to help him and all that did was make Buddy flip out even more. So all Rick could do was walk out of the room and let him work it out on his own and he did. Now he bleeding and limping and of COURSE it's the same foot I just took stitches out a week ago today!!!!

I don't get off work for about an hour, so for now he's back in his crate (so he doesn't bleed all over the house again) and I get to play Dr. again when I get home.

Oh Bud.... :(

Alysser
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Aw, I'm sorry to hear this. Buddy, what are we going to do with you? Please keep us updated.

joycenalex
08-16-2007, 03:59 PM
awww buddy! get better and stay better puppy.

Ginger's Mom
08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh d@*#. I am so sorry, Angie. Buddy, you have got to calm down, sweetie. There are two many people who care about you.

Anita Cholaine
08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Aww, poor boy! I'm so sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated.

pitc9
08-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Well.. first of all, it's not the same foot that I just took the stitches out.

He tore his nail out.... *blech* the entire thing... :(
I gagged when I saw his foot then spotted the nail sitting on the floor.
That was a first! :o

He's not even limping!!!
He's wrapped up and is fine!

I've added pictures.... and I'm letting you know that it's NOT PRETTY!!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p6c283ae85d38d9f8de012da7523b9109/e81b953f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p207113dc0f7d6277b7cdbd9cc56826b6/e81b8fc8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc4476f0966746b44a79f66b012345b31/e81b934d.jpg

At least his sock matches his fur! :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p0b003064f9161e18a235e43f0169e3a8/e81b98b0.jpg

I was shocked at how big the nail was....so the next picture is of the nail.
If you want to look.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pcc64b3aca1a2c88820ed3ba5558b259f/e81b9623.jpg
I put a quarter next to it so you could see how big it is.

k9krazee
08-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh my goodness! :eek: Buddy, Buddy, BUDDY!!!
Hope it heals up quick! (((hugs))) for the boy.

countrycowgirl
08-16-2007, 06:29 PM
awww Buddy!! that has to hurt!!...some extra {{{{hugs}}}} your way!!

joycenalex
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
WOWSA!!!!! thats awful!!! poor baby!!! and poor angie

Jessika
08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Whoaaaaaa Buddy!! Ouch I must admit I winced when looking at those pictures. That had to have HURT!!! I'm just glad he's bandaged up and hopefully he starts calming down a bit now. Get better, Buddy!!

Pam
08-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Oh Buddy and Oh Angie!! Poor both of you! I know that had to hurt. :( I am sending you kisses for your boo-boo across the miles. Angie, actually the pictures were not as bad as I expected, although the nail picture sort of made me wince. Buddy, please be a good boy. You are turning into your own worst enemy!

chocolatepuppy
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh no, poor Buddy. :( You have to be more careful sweetie.

pitc9
08-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes, seeing the nail laying on the floor for the first time was what got me.

Oh man... I feel so bad for him, it HAS to hurt like H@ll, but he not acting like it hurts at all! :confused:

I know there's nothing I can do for him except to keep it covered until it closes up and stops bleeding. But I wish there was something I could do. :(

Pam, you are SO right!! He IS his own worst enemy!

crow_noir
08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Ugh!!! BUDDY!!! You're supposed to be a good boy and stay safe. *sigh* Do we need to get a padded room for you while your humans are out?! :p

---

So is Buddy considered partially declawed now? I couldn't quite tell if there'd be anything left in the paw for the nail to regrow. Poor guy. *healing vibes*

K9karen
08-16-2007, 10:49 PM
*Gags for a second at picture of nail/quarter* WOW! WOW! Poor baby boy. Oh sweet pumpkin, what a mess! You gave yourself a nice ultra manicure, huh? Now, keep the sock on like a good pup.
I remember Cody tore off his dewclaw once and it freaked me out, more from the action of doing it, then the sight. Once he was fixed up, he seemed fine too, but wasn't appreciative of the 'ole sock thingy.

wolf_Q
08-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Ouch! Poor Buddy! :( That looks really painful. Get feeling better soon, Buddy, and stop injuring yourself!

shais_mom
08-16-2007, 11:51 PM
oh owie!
BUDDY!
poor thing....

mr.chiwawa
08-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Awww poor baby. The picture of the nail.. it looks like the whole thing came out :eek: will it be able to regrow and how will it close? (shows you how new I still am at being a doggy momma ;) )Sending tons of love and hugs your way... :D

pitc9
08-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Mr. Chi and Crow- The entire thing pulled out!! :(
If it does grow back it won't be for a looooong time.

Well my normaly good patient isn't being so good this time around.
He won't leave anything on his foot, no matter what I do to keep it on. He just won't stop licking it. It's not bleeding anymore I'm sure it's just because it hurts so flipping bad. (can't say I can blame him!!!)

But I would like to ask him if it hurts more than:
~the time he put his foot through a window and sliced off his dew pad.
~The time the neighbor's dog latched onto his foot under the fence.
~or does it hurt worse than just last month when he put his foot through a piece of glass and had to get stitches.
:rolleyes:

Oh Buddy.... I swear you're wearing leather boots everyday for the rest of your life!!! :D

cyber-sibes
08-17-2007, 06:53 AM
WOW! At first glance I thought the claw was next to a dime, then realized it was a quarter! Poor Buddy, that had to hurt! He must have been really terrified to injure himself like that. It must be hard for your hubby to see how fearful of him Buddy is, even though he doesn't mean any harm. :( Makes you wonder what kind of horrors Buddy suffered at the hands of some man in the past.
Sending healing vibes to Buddy.

WELOVESPUPPIES
08-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Oooo, awwieee...I actually curled my toes when I saw that. The nail is huge. Poor Buddy. Just think how bad it hurts when our nails are broke off too short, much less ripped out. Buddy Dear your daddy loves you, he means you no harm. Big giant Hugs to Buddy...

petslover
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
That made me say Ouch outloud. That looks really painful! Hope Buddy quits hurting himself.

jennielynn1970
08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Ow! Poor Buddy! Someone must have done some major nasty things to your poor boy in the past to make him so scared of men. I wish there was a way to erase all the bad that animals have endured and heal their psyches (did I spell that right??)

We had GSD all through my growing up on our farm. I just loved our dogs. Buddy looks like a gorgeous boy... big healing hugs for him!

Anita Cholaine
08-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Ouch! That looks like it hurts a lot :(
We'll be sending some positive vibes for a speedy recovery. Feel better soon, Buddy! ;)

pitc9
08-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes.
He still won't stop licking it and because of it he's started to irritate the knuckle on the toe next to it. Ugh....

He let me wrap it up this weekend, I was also able to put antibiotic ointment on it, I used my finger so I could try too feel it and get a good look at it. (ick)
He let me feel it and I felt something hard. So I don't know if that means some of the nail is left and it will grow back... I don't know.

Thank you all again!

cyber-sibes
08-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh Buddy, what is mom going to do with you? Ya gotta let this heal up, dude! Is it time for the dreaded cone? ;)

We did have a cat who lost a claw in a fight with (we think) a raccoon. His paw healed up ok but it took a while.

Ginger's Mom
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh Buddy, you need to leave that foot alone for a couple of days, okay? Look at it this way Buddy, the sooner it heals the sooner you can get back to playing again, okay? And by the way, you have very cute feet. :)