PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Another E*A*R*T*H*Q*U*A*K*E*!!!!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
It was a 3.5 about 4 miles North of Chatsworth. 2+ miles NORTH of Chatsworth IS Simi Valley, where my family and I live. So last weeks quake and todays quake were centered in the canyon directly above us, behind our houses. The land is owned by all of the homeowners in our tract!! Eppp!

Here's the map from www.usgs.gov:

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/STORE/X14313828/14313828_ciim.gif

And some more info on the quake. It totally shocked the heck out of me. It wasn't big and didn't cause ANY damage, but I'm so used to having them at night time. It was quite a shock. :eek:

LOCATION: 4 miles N of Chatsworth, CA (ID 14313828) <--- S/B SIMI VALLEY

DATE: AUG 16 2007

TIME: 12:23:23 PDT

MAGNITUDE: 3.5

Here is the website, in case you want to learn more about earthquakes. Enjoy!!! ;) http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/index.html

If you look in the Stats page, you'll see all the people that have reported the quake. Simi Valley has 2 zip codes and together about 54 people (when I looked) had reported in...more than ANY other city/zip code! Hello?? Stop calling us "2 or 4 miles N of Chatsworth!" we have a name!!! :mad:

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
OMG, that is getting awfully close to you :eek: :eek: . I hope noweone in your family got hurt.... :confused:

NoahsMommy
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope noweone in your family got hurt....
Lut,

Thankfully, no. This one was really short and not strong enough (Thank you God!!!) to cause much damage or harm to people/animals. :) Yay for little ones. They tend to release the pressure of the faults and plates, in hopes that we wont get a "BIG ONE"...at least, that's a theory. I'm hoping its true. But I also know that these little ones CAN set off BIG ONES as well. EEEEPPP! :eek: :eek: :eek: The Big Ones are the ones to fear and worry about. Luckily, we have all of our emergency kits ready and it'll last for 3 to 4 days for my family, so we're good there. Our house is very, very sturdy, I noticed that in the one last week...a definite difference between all the other EQs I've been in. So that makes me feel better too.

Thank you for your kind words, Lut. :) (((((((Lut)))))))

sweetpatata6
08-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Did you hear there was like a 7.5 in Lima,Peru ((last night)) and then they also felt a shock of 7.4 and 7.3!!!! :eek: A tsunami is STILL possible, but since it was last night it's not probable.

Glad no one was hurt. Glad you and your family are safe.

Lets hope NO MORE EARTHQUAKES for a while!!!

Craftlady
08-16-2007, 03:20 PM
You could not pay me to live out west. I will take our cold weather anyday of the week. :)

JuniorxMyxLove
08-16-2007, 03:24 PM
oooh....earthquakes.....scary scary scary! Haha

glad no one was hurt.

lvpets2002
08-16-2007, 03:42 PM
:( Oh no thats horrible.. Did you go check on Noah?? I am glad all is ok & no one hurt.. Let us know how you & Noah is doing..