PDA

View Full Version : Frustration With Menu Foods!!!

Pawla
08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
As many of you know, I lost my cat of sixteen years in March due to contaminated pet food. I have filed a claim with Menu Foods, but have yet to hear a response. I mailed the claim on June sixth, with a return receipt. I know that they did receive it. The number that I have as the contact number they sent me with the claims form has a recording that states because of a court order they cannot talk with pet owners. I also tried to email them, but when I hit send I was told that the page was no longer available. All I want is to know what is happening with this process, but I can't seem to find any answers. I feel that they are probably in the process of filing bankruptcy so they will have to pay no one. I was just curious as to if anyone here on PT has heard anything about what is going on with the recall.

Catty1
08-16-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.fda.gov/ Contact the FDA - for all you know, there may be a class action suit.

See if there is a department at the FDA looking after this. There is a link to the FDA on the Menu Foods site.

Pawla
08-16-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.fda.gov/ Contact the FDA - for all you know, there may be a class action suit.

See if there is a department at the FDA looking after this. There is a link to the FDA on the Menu Foods site.
There are many class action suits associated with this. They have not even been in contact with my vet! I will contact the FDA, though. Thanks!

Kirsten
08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm so sorry that you still have no answers!! :(

A class action suit sounds like a good option to me!!

KIrsten

Pawla
08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm so sorry that you still have no answers!! :(

A class action suit sounds like a good option to me!!

KIrsten
Thank you. I may have to go that route, but as I said I think the company will probably file bankruptcy. If they do will a class action do any good, or does everyone just lose out? I did try and call the FDA, but they had a recording for you to leave a message. Maybe they will call back tomorrow. I would just like to KNOW something!

catmandu
08-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope taht the Companies who promised such Great Food for Our Pets and then sent the work to China are held responsible. But with a good lawyer they can often walk away laughing.
Well they wont be laughing when thier day comes and theres a mob of Angry Pet Angels on the loose.
Nothing will bring Elle back but losing money might make them think the next time they cut corners.

jazzcat
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm so sorry Pawla. I wish I knew something to help you.

Pawla
08-17-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm so sorry Pawla. I wish I knew something to help you.
Thank you! I know it won't bring him back, but these people should be made to compensate people for their loss! It is just so frustrating!