PDA

View Full Version : Is it in the Air?? Zippy-kat/Shais_mom

shais_mom
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I got a txt earlier tonite saying.
You aren't going to believe this. I'm in the ER getting my foot xrayed b/c I FELL!!!
awhile later
they took my wheelchair is that a good sign??
even later
I txted for an update and this came
Severe Sprain, in a splint and on painkillers, off work for 2 days, crutches for 2 weeks!!!
ok - I got her beat on the crutches and the time off but she got painkillers!! ;)

Altho I must say that 90% of the time mine doesn't hurt - unless I'm being stupid which is......
never mind

anyhoo -
I guess best friends stick together!!!
;)
2 days off work - now she should have some time for PET TALK and MM!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Zippy-Kat sez >>>
I'm in the ER getting my foot xrayed b/c I FELL!!!

awhile later ...
Severe Sprain, in a splint and on painkillers, off work for 2 days, crutches for 2 weeks!!!

:eek:

ONLY "2 DAZE Off Work"!??? :(

Yiipes, did you get ripped off!! ... Your boss know the Doc?

Go for a Second Opinion!
A good Sprain otta be good for at LEAST 2 WEEKS Off Work! :p

Sheeeeze! :(

Are we going to get the Stumble-by-Stumble version of How I Dun It ...
or do we hafta make something up on our own?

Come to think of it ... Ole Miz Staci never really Spilled the Beans, either.

Let's hear your Tails, Girls!!

Hope ya BOTH start Feelin BETTER, SOON!!

;)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
:eek: Goodness what are we going to do with you two?

I hope you both feel lots better real soon!!!
Prayers on the way!!!

jennielynn1970
08-15-2007, 08:20 PM
You get off work for a sprained ankle?! Dang. I broke my foot and my principal wanted to know if I was going to be in the next day because it had been the end of the school year and he was short on teachers being around and wanted me to sub in the classroom instead of doing library! Even back in May when I fell down my stairs with a wriggly cat in a carrier and landed my fat butt on my foot, I didn't get time off. Our ER stinks. Plus, if you don't have sick days left, you don't get paid. Sigh....

Karen
08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Good gracious - you, Gina and Tonya all now on the DL? (Disabled List) No, I repeat NO dance parties for the three of you until the doctors okay it!

Thankfully the crutches that we own are not in use at the moment ...

Okay - the rest of Pet Talk - BE CAREFUL! (Even though Paul doesn't think I know the meaning of the word!)

ramanth
08-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Poor Zippy! You two are just peas in a pod aren't ya. ;) :D

cyber-sibes
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
What's up with you guys? I mean gals? Are you trying to make crutches the next big fashion statement? (OMG, someone in Hollywood or NY might read this & actually DO it!) I hope all of you slow down, heal up, and watch where your going!

K9karen
08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Tsk Tsk..see what happens when you're jealous and vie for front news attention??????

Hope you feel better soon, girlfriends. No more 3" heels for you! :D

Catsnclay
08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Tsk Tsk..see what happens when you're jealous and vie for front news attention??? :D

HA, HA, HA!!!!

That is a good one :D

I don't know what hurts more a sprain or a break (yes, I have had them both) The best thing I can tell you is: do exactly what you are told to do it may be hard or boring to do nothing for 2-4 weeks (or whatever you were told) but if you get up and walk early you will pay for it later!

Can I send anyone some movies?? books?? or a pizza??? (:D ) let me know.....your wish is my command!!!!

shais_mom
08-15-2007, 11:12 PM

Come to think of it ... Ole Miz Staci never really Spilled the Beans, either.

Let's hear your Tails, Girls!!

Hope ya BOTH start Feelin BETTER, SOON!!

;)
Mine isn't very glamorous - I was wearing sandals with a higher heel. Not a narrow heal - but a solid higher stacked heel. And went out to the garage for something and when I was walking back in I stepped on uneven brick in my sidewalk- and my ankle turned outward and I felt the pop/crack go across my foot.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

K9karen
08-15-2007, 11:48 PM
AHHA! Heels! I KNEW it!!! :p

Your skateboard is in the mail! ;)

jazzcat
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Staci - I didn't know you were injured, I've not been around much the past few days. I hope you feel better soon, ouch!

Zippy - I hope you feel better soon too!!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're both injured.:( I hope you both heal up quickly and feel better soon.

lbaker
08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Zippy fell down, and broke her "crown"
... and Staci came tumbling after

Which came first? ;) Take care both of you. LOve you.

Logan
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
You girls! What are we going to do with you? :rolleyes:

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! And get well soon. :D

Rachel
08-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Nothing like a little incapacitation to help one appreciate being young and healthy (that's your health and youth not mine - can't even remember mine).

I do have sympathy for the both of you. Pain is pain and no fun, but on the bright side, you're going to mend.

lbaker
08-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Zipster, what was that poem you wrote when you ended on your butt from a horse? Remember? It needs to be resurrected :D By the way, did you know there is a Bowser Ave in Dallas TX? :cool:

zippy-kat
08-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Afraid mine isn't so glamorous either and to tell the truth, I don't know what I did. One minute I'm standing, the next I'm on the floor in pain. I've broken bones before but NEVER have I experienced pain like this, NEVER! It was so bad I got sick to my stomach. :o My doc called it "the sprain from hell" and I think I believe him.

Well, while the accident didn't have much of a story to it, the "rescue" did. lol I fell and luckily sis was here. She tried to call Mom. Mom didn't answer her cell phone so sis called the school (where mom works). Turns out, mom was in a meeting/CPR training class so the school secretary and another person came over. Now, K'Cee had been in to "check on me" when she heard me cry out but she did her best not to let the ladies near me, she didn't want strangers near her mommy! Long story short, they (not sure who "they" were) ended up getting mom out of the meeting (only the story somehow got switched up and they told mom I fell and hit my head :rolleyes: ). So mom drives home in near panic because "I fell and hit my head and can't move/stand"... meanwhile my guardcat is fending off strangers and I'm writhing in pain. :rolleyes:

My furry nurse was scared of my crutches at first but that's passed and now she's everywhere I am. Slept beside my foot in the chair and in the bed, sat next to me at the breakfast bar while I ate, and is now on the stool I have my foot propped up on. :cool:

Laurie, I don't remember all the lines to that old signature I had. Will see if I can find it - I'm sure I saved it somewhere. :)

Staci - next time you decide to be a trendsetter, do it with makeup or perfume or clothing - SOMETHING NOT AS PAINFUL!! :D

anna_66
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll say to you the same thing I said to Staci,

Tonya, Tonya, Tonya...what are we going to do with you :p ;) :D

All this getting hurt stuff is no fun for sure.

Yes, best friends....best friends till the end, through thick and thin:D

Hope you quit hurting and start healing asap!!!

(((HUGS))) to you both:)

lbaker
08-16-2007, 01:34 PM
"Yes, best friends....best friends till the end, through thick and thin"

Knowing THESE young ladies it's more like through sick and sin :p ;) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM
AW!!! Bless K'Cee's little heart!!! I hope she got extra kisses and hugs for trying her furry best to protect you!!! (my cats would hide - all 4 of them: you take her, just leave us alone) AND I hope you are feeling lots better today!!! :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Ladies, this takes friendship to a new level ;) Both of you take care of your injuries and be careful!! :)

Enjoy the off work time :D

shais_mom
08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
"Yes, best friends....best friends till the end, through thick and thin"

Knowing THESE young ladies it's more like through sick and sin :p ;) :D
:eek: only when there's firemen around! ;)

I don't think Bon's crate is big enough for the 3 of us.
Trendsetter? Moi?
lmao
But I didn't fall -
I stumbled.
;)

RICHARD
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Guys,

Sorry to burst a bubble-it's not really in the air.

It's more towards the earth's core.....Gravity..It's not my friend. :eek:

Get better.

RobiLee
08-16-2007, 02:37 PM
What is up with you two? Geesh, what are we going to do with you? You guys behave yourself now and hopefully you will have a speedy recovery. Don't make us have to come and chain ya down!

shais_mom
08-16-2007, 02:39 PM
. Don't make us have to come and chain ya down!
only if there are firemen involved! ;)

darn that halo rolled where my CRUTCH won't reach...

And Richard - you know that Gravity isn't my friend either - you saw me fall off Gini's deck!

joycenalex
08-16-2007, 08:03 PM
note to self.....never wear heels around staci...
zippy, i have a poster, it says beware of attack cat...wanna use it? ;)

wolf_Q
08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Owww!! I hope both of you get feeling better soon!!! I loved the "guard cat" story Tonya, way to go K'Cee. :D {{hugs}} to both of you!

Killearn Kitties
08-17-2007, 08:00 AM
:eek: Oh no! Get better soon all of you and stop flinging yourselves around!

Years ago an aunt of mine broke her leg skiing and my mum was helping her out, doing a bit of shopping, washing, housework etc. Well my mum must have become a bit tired of that so one day decided she would throw herself upstairs and break her foot. :eek: Then they were both hobbling about in plaster.

Good girl K'Cee! ;)

petslover
08-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Were you two chasing around men again? LOL jk.. :D ;)

I really hope you both get to feeling better. Now you have lots of time for juicy magazines.

I hope you both get better soon!!

shais_mom
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Were you two chasing around men again? LOL jk.. :D ;)
!!
I'll never tell! ;)

gini
08-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, I have heard of humans having "four" eyes - but NEVER humans having "four" legs.................

Girls, I think it is time to go back to the training wheels until you both can learn to walk.

You've just got to stop thinking about those firemen - the distraction obviously makes you fall down.

By the way - Station 29 just gets cuter and cuter!!

Seriously - it isn't fun - and it is very painful. I hope all of your real four leggers stick close by and keep you upright!

xxoo Mom

Cinder & Smoke
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM

Well, it looks like surgery is in store for me within the next couple weeks.
It looks like that is what it is going to take to get this foot healed up ....
prayers please?

OMG! <grabs Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Dad sed fur us to "Get rite Onnit!" ... so here we are ...

Need sum Purrayers fur Miz Staci ... Ya'know - BRD Keegan's Mom ...
da one hobblin around on da Krutch Sticks wiffa Big Boot onna Foot.

Da Foot must not be gettin better ... but kan You also arrange a Sekond Opinyin
affore anythig *drastic* happinz? ... We otta make SURE da Sir Jury guys are needed.

We're gonna HOPE da Sir Jury deal getz scrapped ... how'z about sum Ak-u-puncture, instead?

Keep us posted.
THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

shais_mom
09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
thanks phred -
but since this has been pretty much inevitable from the beginning 2 years ago - I think the surgery is long overdue.
without the surgery the chance of it healing is decreased and the longer I wait the longer the healing time.

jennielynn1970
09-11-2007, 06:55 PM
omg... hope the surgery goes well. maybe you can recuperate with Gina... :p ;)

joycenalex
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
surgery? okay, what type and where and when? a pod or an ortho guy? and are you osteoporotic? yeah, once an xray tech.... ;)

shais_mom
09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
surgery? okay, what type and where and when? a pod or an ortho guy? and are you osteoporotic? yeah, once an xray tech.... ;)
he's putting a screw in the fracture site to pull the fracture closed.
where -
Wyandot Memorial hosp (good hands- where I work)
9-25-07 early I should be home within a couple hours after surgery
PODiatrist
and definately not osteoporotic - had a dexa on Tues and my numbers are higher than they were back in 2000. (guinea pig)
just must be a weak spot in the bone. :mad:

Catsnclay
09-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh Staci!!!!

I am so sorry that you have to have surgery for your ankle! Once they put it in, and after a week of R & R, what is next?? will they allow you to go back to work right away or will you be out another 4-6 weeks???

So........can I send you a pizza next week??!!! :D

shais_mom
09-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh Staci!!!!

I am so sorry that you have to have surgery for your ankle! Once they put it in, and after a week of R & R, what is next?? will they allow you to go back to work right away or will you be out another 4-6 weeks???

So........can I send you a pizza next week??!!! :D
crutches for 4 weeks - s/p surgery
then the boot again
and then I'm out of time.... :(

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Staci, I'm sorry to hear that you need surgery.:( I sure hope that everything will go well and that you'll heal up quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
crutches for 4 weeks - s/p surgery (?? What's "s/p" surgery mean ??)
then the boot again

and then I'm out of time .... :(

Out of TIME??
Meaning out of Hospital sick time hours?

:(

Will the Hospital make a temporary job assignment to a task you can perform
without standing or lifting?
Seems making some accommodations for you would be the "kind" thing for them to do!

shais_mom
09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
pretty much -
yea they do have light duty.
I'm off for a few days...
heading to the wilderness of MI! :)

Daisy and Delilah
09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear you're having surgery, Staci. I had that same thing about 10 years ago for a stress fracture. My daughter has a similar surgery coming up in October. I hope it all goes well. Keep in touch and let me know if I can do anything for you :)

joycenalex
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
s/p means status/post. we've got a hospital xray tech doing light duty at our ambulatory office while he finishes his physical therapy. when you're doing cat scans and xrays, there's only so many light duty areas in a department, and i'm betting they are really itchy for staci to return

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
PT Prayers Needed for Staci ~
TOMORROW (Tuesday, September 25, 2007)
is Foot Sir Jury Day

NOTE: Change of Destination post Sir Jury :p >>>

PODiatrist is putting a screw in the fracture site to pull the fracture closed.

Where ??
Wyandot Memorial Hospital in Upper Sandusky, Ohio (good hands- where I work)

When ??
Tomorrow (9-25-07) early (8:00 AM) ...
I should be [edit] Hauled off to Mom & Dad's House within
a couple hours after surgery.

Word hazit the Mother Person changed the location of the R&R ...

The BRD (aka Head Nurse Keegan) is also invited to stay with the Folks and
assist in entertaining the Patient.

Da KATs will remain at Home to guard the place;
with frequent visits by GranMom and the Patient.

Here's Hoping for a quick "Screw Installation" and a super-fast Recovery!!

{{{HUGS}}} from Phred, Cinder & Smokey

gini
09-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Lots of prayers being said - that all goes well and that Staci can manage to stay OFF that foot to allow all to mend well.

Sounds like she will have the best of care and the BRD nurse can help take turns.

Rachel
09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Staci, they better take good care of you, being one of their own. I see you got on the early bird schedule so everyone will be bright eyed when they do their fixin' of your parts. We will be praying that all goes well and that the healing will commence.

shais_mom
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
yupper!
Granmom is here and the yard is mowed for the week.
Keegan is a bit out of sorts b/c she isn't used to G-mom being here and not busy busy busy.
We have to be @ the hospital @ 6am...
But I should be on my way home by noon.
:D
thanks for the well wishes! :p

anna_66
09-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Sending you lots of good wishes and prayers for a speedy surgery and recovery!
Hopefully I'll be able to get up there soon!

Lots of hugs!
Anna & Mark

shais_mom
09-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks! :D
well Kylie just got a rude awakening. G-mom is laying on the couch doing a crossword Kylie just jumped on her - I thought mom was going to have to be peeled from the ceiling. She said - It's MY couch tonite! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Prayers on the way for Staci!

Has anyone heard how Hop-a-long Zippy-Kat is?

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2007, 07:06 PM

Zippy-Kat is still *hoppin* with a semi-sore foot ...

BUT ---

Is looking into "Alternate Transportation"! :D

Stand BY for a pending ANNOUNCEMENT if all goes as planned.

:)
;)

Daisy and Delilah
09-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out to you Staci :) Get well soon :D

Rachel
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Just checking in to see if anyone had an uppydate on Sir Jury. I'm always really glad when that part of over with.

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Just checking in to see if anyone had an uppydate on Sir Jury.

There's been a Prayer Thread going since last night for Staci >>>

Prayers for Staci ~ Foot Sir Jury on Tuesday, 9/25/07 ~ A SUCCESS!! The Screw's IN!!

CLICK ON: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=133997

There have been several Uppie-Dates today - after the Sir Jury was finished
at about 9 - 9:30 AM.

She's NOW at the Mom & Dad Ranch with the BRD / Nurse.

;)

zippy-kat
09-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Prayers on the way for Staci!

Hi there - thanks for askin' about me.

I'm still sore and "knotty" in a few places but not-so-hobbley. I may go for a second opinion in a couple of weeks.

And, yes, I have an alternate mode of transportation... TBA! :D

~~~~~~~~~~

{Get well soon Miss Stace!}

zippy-kat
09-26-2007, 12:15 AM
:D Zip's Alternate Transportation (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1908121#post1908121) :D

shais_mom
09-27-2007, 01:24 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1909014#post1909014