PDA

View Full Version : See you in the Movies- Thursday #225

RICHARD
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
It's way too hot to do anything outdoors, so let's close up the place, fire up the plasma, cook up some popcorn and turn on the air conditioning.....

It's movie time!

Beer, slushies and plenty of butter!

I'll let you all pick the first movie!

----------

One of my favorite lines from a movie is, "This is not your planet, Monkey Boy."

joycenalex
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
here's looking at you kid...
we'll always have paris
more of casablanca and sniff, some kleenex
play it sam!

cassiesmom
08-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I think an Elvis Presley screening is in order since August 16 is the 30th anniversary of his death. "Blue Hawaii", please. Here, I'll fix up a pitcher of Blue Hawaiians to go with that.

Lady's Human
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Beer, slushies and plenty of butter!

Hot buttered slushies? :confused:

RICHARD
08-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Hot buttered slushies? :confused:

You betcha, It all gets mixed up in the end!

Done!

CM, Blue Hawaii, suede shoes and an Elvis sithing!

DONE!

JNA,

Sam says DONE! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Uh, Oh! Mario has found his blue suede shoes!!! :eek:
Somehow wearing blue suede shoes with a diaper just looks weird!!! :D

Cheese popcorn and a cherry limeade for me please!!! :D

cyber-sibes
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
"One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready
Now go, cat, go!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/other/reeses_elvis_cup.jpg
Hey, check out these cool special edition Elvis Reeses's! I got a whole bag of them for thursdays Movie Night! And a bag of assorted movie favorites: Junior mints, Sugar Babies, Good n' Plenty, Dots, Raisinettes, & Milk duds! All virtual calorie free, & they won't rot your teeth, so eat up! I'll like a lime phosphate, please.
I'll watch anything. 3-D glasses anyone? :cool:

catland
08-16-2007, 12:24 AM
It's way too hot to do anything outdoors....

One of my favorite lines from a movie is, "This is not your planet, Monkey Boy."

ACK - Buckaroo Banzai and the 8th dimension - great movie!!

OK - how about - "Ready? I was born ready"

-------------

I'll have a slushie if you don't mind.

RICHARD
08-16-2007, 01:19 AM
ACK - Buckaroo Banzai and the 8th dimension - great movie!!

OK - how about - "Ready? I was born ready"

-------------

I'll have a slushie if you don't mind.

LOL,
Stinker!

Oh, my......I don't know that one!

But I'll get you a slushie!

DONE!

CS,

I think you just volunteered to man the candy "bar"! :D One lime phosphate!
I'll take a set of glasses!

DONE!

MOFF,
Cheese Popcorn and a cherry limeade?

DONE!

smokey the elder
08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
What is a lime phosphate? :confused:

cyber-sibes
08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
What is a lime phosphate? :confused:See the red drink? That's a cherry phosphate. Like that, only a bright lime green. It's fizzy water flavored with really good tasting syrups. A virtual one will taste just as good as I remember from my junior high years! (although I'd probably gag on a real one it today.)

smokey the elder
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh, soda! :D As a chemist, when I see "phosphate" I think something completely different! (Something you don't want to put through a mass spectrometer.)

RICHARD
08-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh, soda! :D As a chemist, when I see "phosphate" I think something completely different! (Something you don't want to put through a mass spectrometer.)

Why not? We can hook up the MS to the plasma and do a running commentary! :D

CS,
Another?

DONE!

And now in cinema one....BLUE HAWAII!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-16-2007, 12:14 PM
MERCY!!! Blue suede shoes, a diaper, a grass skirt AND a coconut bra????? MAIRO GET OUT FROM IN FRONT OF THE TV!!! :eek: :D

Come have some of my popcorn!!! It's cheesy!!! :D

lbaker
08-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey Mario, maybe you and Lady can go "Dancing cheek to cheek" while I do a rain dance and hope to soon be "Singing in the rain" and we can "Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh" *i just love those old song & dance movies* Not too crazy about green or blue drinks however, how about an old fashioned slushy? Cheese popcorn!!! You just discover one of my weaknesses MOFF :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey Mario, maybe you and Lady can go "Dancing cheek to cheek" while I do a rain dance and hope to soon be "Singing in the rain" and we can "Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh" *i just love those old song & dance movies* Not too crazy about green or blue drinks however, how about an old fashioned slushy? Cheese popcorn!!! You just discover one of my weaknesses MOFF :D
I'll share my popcorn with you if you do your rain dance over my little corner of the world too. I'm so tired of these 100+ temps!!! The leaves are falling off the trees it's so hot and dry. :eek:

davidpizzica
08-16-2007, 01:30 PM
"Ready? I was born ready!" was said by Sally Field to Burt Reynolds in "Smokey and the bandit" I've watched that movie enough times to know the dialogue! RICHARD, may I have a DOTD and tell Mario to sit down in front!

RedHedd
08-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Oh joy! Movies! 3D glasses! Popcorn! An open Candy Bar! Green fizzie drinks with 'brellas! Count me in! I'll have one of everything with extra butter on the popcorn.

gini
08-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh my, green fizzies, red fizzies, candy bars, popcorn with too much butter..........I think I am going to be sick.

Hows about a cool lemon drop - made with real lemon and that smooth Vodka.............shaken gently with crushed ice?

Richard, I KNOW you know how to make those.:D

A Snicker's bar to go with it? No, not right now.

Well, Laurie, that is the "very" least............................;)

smokey the elder
08-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Speaking of movies that one knows all the dialog to...assorted Mel Brooks movies come to mind! Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs , for example. :D

RICHARD
08-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Hows about a cool lemon drop - made with real lemon and that smooth Vodka.............shaken gently with crushed ice?

Richard, I KNOW you know how to make those.:D

A Snicker's bar to go with it? No, not right now.
Well, Laurie, that is the "very" least............................;)

One lemon Drop? I know vodka! :D

DONE!

REDD,

One of everything?

Extra butter? DONE!

David, a slushie and you have to get my flashlight back. I asked Mario to sit down and now he is in the rafters playing searchlight~

DONE!

MOFF,

LEt me turn up the AC.

Laurie, You can be the Emcee between the shows.

Let's go out to the lobby!!!!

Cheese PC and a slushy?

DONE!

lvpets2002
08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
;) oH now we talking.. Richard a Slushie LIT with fruit please.. Oh yes in the recliner just chillen now.. Oh lets watch The Hoggss New Funny DVD

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/weekend12.gif

lbaker
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
RICHARD, I'll Cee your Em and raise you two Jr Mints. Gini, I couldn't help it. Slick double-dog-dared me :D ;)

Lady's Human
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Jr Mints? That brings to mind a line from buffet's song "Fruitcakes"

I don't want a 12 pound nestle's crunch for $25. I WANT MY JUNIOR MINTS!

I'll take a large iced Irish Coffee, and some plumbing that doesn't leak...Grrrr. Fix one leak, find another.

davidpizzica
08-16-2007, 05:33 PM
One lemon Drop? I know vodka! :D

DONE!

REDD,

One of everything?

Extra butter? DONE!

David, a slushie and you have to get my flashlight back. I asked Mario to sit down and now he is in the rafters playing searchlight~

DONE!

MOFF,

LEt me turn up the AC.

Laurie, You can be the Emcee between the shows.

Let's go out to the lobby!!!!

Cheese PC and a slushy?

DONE!
RICHARD, did he do that again?? I'll coax him down with some cherries, and give him a very pointed lecture, and relieve him of his flashlight duties. I think you need new batteries in the flashlight.

slick
08-17-2007, 10:31 AM
So I came home from work yesterday to two messages telling me to get by big butt over to Thursdays. Well here I am. Any chance we could watch a chick flick?? How about Beaches, or Steel Magnolias or something else "light".

Ahhhh, what a soft couch. It's been awhile since I stopped by and just relaxed. No popcorn for me but pass the chips and dip please. They are my weakness...that's why I never buy them. :o Oh yes and I think I'll take a page out of Sheryl Crow's book......I like a good beer buzz early in the morning. :D One cold frosty beer please.

Hope everyone's having a good Friday. :D

Nice one Laurie! ;)

gini
08-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Have you ever noticed that whenever one of us walks into Thursdays, that there is always room on the couches for us? It is as though one just appears and is ready for you to sit down.

It must be Richard - how does he do that?

Yeah, a chick flick - I like that idea - something that would go well with a big box of Kleenex.

After the bad news about my tree I have been weepy.

Lady's Human
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
The couch is an extension of the L+F..........there's always room for something else, but never, EVER look behind the curtain! :D

One cold frosty beer for the slickster!

Mario, don't sit there pouting in the corner, David's just trying to keep you (and us) safe.

Chips dip, and salsa are on the table.

lizbud
08-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Have you ever noticed that whenever one of us walks into Thursdays, that there is always room on the couches for us? It is as though one just appears and is ready for you to sit down.

It must be Richard - how does he do that?

Yeah, a chick flick - I like that idea - something that would go well with a big box of Kleenex.

After the bad news about my tree I have been weepy.

Gini, what bad news on your tree? Did the trimming not help?

lbaker
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Liz, it just wasn't meant to be - regardless of all the hope and prayers toward the Druid mystics :( It (and Gini) put up a good fight though, it was not for lack of trying. Here Gini - want a foot rub? Slick, you grab one foot and I'll work on the other.

gini
08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Gini, what bad news on your tree? Did the trimming not help?

Liz, I had the tree man scheduled for treatment for the tree - I have been doing it about every three months. But lately I had noticed fungus coming out of the upper branches.

The tree man showed me that he could put a screwdriver all the way into the large hole that was left after the limb fell. So that proves that the fungus is raging internally.

I have been in total denial - but yesterday had to deal with the reality that for safety reasons, the tree needs to come down. I feel as though I am having to put one of my cats down - 30 years is a long time to love a tree!

Don't want to bring Thursdays down - so let me buy a round of drinks for everyone.

I will go get some more butter for the popcorn.

lbaker
08-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Now how are you going to get more butter when you have two hot babes rubbing your feet? Send Mario, what's a little monkey fur in the popcorn?? :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry about your tree gini!!! :(

Gosh, watch those two rubbing your feet. If one of them goes one way and the other goes the other way while holding your feet, you'll get to play "wishbone"! :eek: ;) :D

gini
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah Moff, I am not too crazy about two women working over my feet.

I wonder if they remember that I only shave one leg at a time.......hee hee,
wait till they reach the stubble! YUCK!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah Moff, I am not too crazy about two women working over my feet.

I wonder if they remember that I only shave one leg at a time.......hee hee,
wait till they reach the stubble! YUCK!
LOL!!! Better to find stubble than get lost in a forest though!!! :D

lbaker
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM
What if I melt some more butter and Mario can take over the foot rub? He LIKES furry legs (he thinks they're sexy) :p :D

lbaker
08-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Speaking of Mario, two of his younger cousins from Up North showed up at my front door yesterday to wish me a happy belated birthday, took one look around and decided to stay! What a wonderful surprise!!! Thank you ITT sister :cool:

gini
08-17-2007, 02:48 PM
What if I melt some more butter and Mario can take over the foot rub? He LIKES furry legs (he thinks they're sexy) :p :D

Careful, or I will tell everyone you are from Virginia!!:D

lbaker
08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
BLASPHEMY!! :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I bet he'd love to suck on gini's toes too!!! :eek: :D

RICHARD
08-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Mario,

Take that tape out of the DVD player.....

A tree grows in Brooklyn.... :rolleyes:

slick
08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
:D :D OMD, this is just too funny. Gini, that butter works wonders. I've never seen your feet and legs look so smooth, even the unshaved one...and it looks like one leg is longer than the other!!! :eek: Not that I make a habit of checking out your legs!!!! ;)

Well, that's enough rubbing for me for one day. A cold beer if you don't mind Mr. Bartender. The weekend's here and that means playtime. Did we ever decide on a chick flick to see or were we distracted by all this Lebonese stuff...... ;) :D :D

RICHARD
08-18-2007, 12:16 AM
:D :D OMD, this is just too funny. Gini, that butter works wonders. I've never seen your feet and legs look so smooth, even the unshaved one...and it looks like one leg is longer than the other!!! :eek: Not that I make a habit of checking out your legs!!!! ;)

Notice.....

This all starts at plumbing, goes to shaving legs, the tree that was trying to kill me, massages and toes!

I just wanted to watch movies and eat popcorn with Mario, Lady and the ORC!

Slick.....I am putting a case of beer out.....let's drink!

ugh......I need a pedicure....NOT! :D

-------------

http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_6641574?IADID=Search-www.dailynews.com-www.dailynews.com

????????????

gini
08-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Alright you guys - I am here this morning to help clean up a bit. Leave my feet alone, Laurie and Slick. I have heard of butter fingers - but butter feet is going too far.

I feel like a turkey that has just been basted............I said Basted, not Wasted.

Hmm, that sounds good - some hot turkey sandwiches.......I can make a potato salad and get some fresh veggies to munch on too.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Notice.....

I just wanted to watch movies and eat popcorn with Mario, Lady and the ORC!

Well: LA TEE DA!!! If ya didn't want us here why did you invite us? :p :D

lbaker
08-18-2007, 12:11 PM
We are not Lebonese, we are Thespians that put on a good act :D ;)

guess what, I'm waiting to hear about Jackson the DC kitten that belongs with me. A NEW KITTEN I HOPE!!!

gini
08-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Ha, just try to say thespians real fast, ten times!

davidpizzica
08-18-2007, 03:11 PM
It's great to actually SEE the movies now. Everything's SO much clearer. I think I'll relax on the couch with a hot turkey sandwich and a big slushie. Mario, I don't need the 3D glasses yet.

RedHedd
08-18-2007, 07:22 PM
guess what, I'm waiting to hear about Jackson the DC kitten that belongs with me. A NEW KITTEN I HOPE!!! A new kitten for Laurie? YAY! Pictures?

RICHARD
08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
A new kitten for Laurie? YAY! Pictures?

Another pet for the bar!

DONE?

David..

Good for you!

Gini,

There will be no THESPIANISM IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT! :confused:

MOFF,

I need someone to wait on!

Gini, TUrkey for dinner sounds great

DONE?

cassiesmom
08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Do we have any slushie left? It's been raining all day, I've got a headache and I could use a treat.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
MOFF,

I need someone to wait on!

Great!!! I'll treat everyone to another round in honor of Slick's birthday today!!!! :D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-20-2007, 01:50 PM
:D :D OMD, this is just too funny. Gini, that butter works wonders. I've never seen your feet and legs look so smooth, even the unshaved one...

Gini has a UNSHAVEN FOOT?????? I cannot begin to tell you how shocked and appalled I am.....

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Gini has a UNSHAVEN FOOT?????? I cannot begin to tell you how shocked and appalled I am.....

Better that then a CLOVEN HOOF- The devil has those!

RICHARD
08-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Will someone please hoild the door open for me?

I have this huge sheet cake that says "Happy Birthday Laurie, Sara and Slick..."

Now, to put on 63 candles.....21 each, right?

Happy Birthday Y'all!

Lady's Human
08-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Is that a cake or an alien signaling device?!?

I'll hold the door, but with that many candles, shouldn't we wait for Fire Marshall Phred and the smoke pups?

Just in case I'll stand by with a fire extinguisher.

davidpizzica
08-21-2007, 06:29 PM

I'll hold the door, but with that many candles, shouldn't we wait for Fire Marshall Phred and the smoke pups?

Just in case I'll stand by with a fire extinguisher.
LH, just take care of the door. I have the extinguisher ready in case that forest fire gets out of control!! It'll take ten minutes to blow 'em out!

RICHARD
08-21-2007, 06:53 PM

"As seen from space"???? :D

------
Thanks guys,
I'll light a flare and begin.

I think Fire Marshall Phred is on the deck..He's our back up!

Thanks David.

Here'a a nomex suit for yourself...Hey,
If you don't need it will you make balloon animals for everyone....I forgot to hire a magician!

Killearn Kitties
08-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Yum! Cake for breakfast? You can't beat that.
Certainly looks like there is plenty for everybody!
Happy birthday everyone.

davidpizzica
08-22-2007, 03:42 AM
"As seen from space"???? :D

------
Thanks guys,
I'll light a flare and begin.

I think Fire Marshall Phred is on the deck..He's our back up!

Thanks David.

Here'a a nomex suit for yourself...Hey,
If you don't need it will you make balloon animals for everyone....I forgot to hire a magician!
`I can use the suit RICHARD, so I brough those long balloons that I can twist around. "in my beautiful balloon. . ."

davidpizzica
08-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Yum! Cake for breakfast? You can't beat that.
Certainly looks like there is plenty for everybody!
Happy birthday everyone.
Karen, only at Thursdays can this happen!