PDA

View Full Version : My hand is FREE at last!!.....

Husky_mom
08-15-2007, 02:03 PM
thought about making another thread because the other one was sad..

Finally I had the cast taken off........YAY!!!......*happy dance*...... now off to rehab as my hand is so useless... *not so happy dance*.... :(

the "crack" was on my little finger right were it ends and joins with the wrist.... it hurts there and I can make a fist although not tight...*darn*..LOL
but what is killing me is my wrist itself.... I canīt bend my hand up or down I canīt put weight on it at all.....I know itīs still sore and maybe I canīt bend it due to the imobilization (sp?) but itīs soooo frustrating.......

other thing is that Iīm changing skin like a snake....LOL...... so much of it.....

thank you all for reading this update and for being there for me when it happened..... thank you from the bottom of my heart.....

anna_66
08-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey! Glad to hear the cast is off:D

Hope you hand gets back to normal soon!

lvpets2002
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
:) So glad your cast is off.. Now be carefull ok with your hand & fingers..

cyber-sibes
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Well dang, I must have missed the "incident" thread completely, but I'm glad to hear you're cast-free and into rehab! opefully you'll regain complete use of your hand and wrist in no time! ;)

joycenalex
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
so any plans for physical therapy. i know you use PT, but more PT for the PT-er? :p :D

wombat2u2004
08-16-2007, 08:45 AM
YAY !!!!! Happy day.
The cast is off
Wom

JenBKR
08-16-2007, 09:44 AM
YAY what good news! I bet you're relieved to get that cast off. Take care of that hand now, let it heal!

K9karen
08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Yep Isabella..I had snake skin too! Make sure you apply LOTS of moisterizer!!!

PT won't be fun but it will help so much-it's amazing what (the other) PTers can do with hands and fingers. Reemember your hand was immobilized for a long time.

Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you!!!!

Husky_mom
08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
thank you!!..... Iīm having a hard time on PT (physical Therapy that is :p) I almost cried on some exercises........ :(

I really hope to get full recovery of my hand...... but most of all be able to bend it and apply weight on it, which is what is bugging me the most...... getting it strong again will take time but it doesnīt bothers me not being able to lift weight that much as it does not being able to place my weight on the hand ( as in trying to get up from the floor)....... LOL like when you are sitting down I meant LOL...... I just realized how it sounded.......LOL

pitc9
08-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Glad to hear your cast is off!