PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! -- edit: I'm Accepted!

Jessika
08-15-2007, 02:56 AM
My sister informed the the other day that her college was thinking about setting up a veterinary course if enough people showed interest. I told her if she could get me any information on it at all that would be great. Hardly any colleges in Missouri offer Veterinary courses to become a vet tech, or veterinarian. :(

HJ came back to his parents' today after dropping a friend's car off at my parents house and he gave me a huge folder with information on the courses and stuff that my sister gave him, complete with an application and all that jazz.

I'm so excited! FINALLY, something is working out in my favor! Close to home as well since we were planning on moving back closer to St. Louis, anyway! :) I can even apply now for January classes!

crow_noir
08-15-2007, 04:15 AM
:D Congrats!

Finding a college that you want to attend is a wonderful indescribable feeling!

Jessika
08-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I know, and I know I don't have time to wait because I'm sure registration will fill up FAST! I'm going online now to see if I can get a phone number or e-mail address to contact someone (it was so late last night when I got it).

Jessika
08-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Yay I emailed them for information... and received a phone call not even five minutes later!! I have a tour set up tomorrow at 1:30pm :)

lvpets2002
08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
:) You go girl & get all the info & education you can.. Many Congrats.. Keep us posted our future Vet.. ;)

Alysser
08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
This sounds like a great oppurtunity for you, and is also very exciting! I wish you the best of luck. :)

Jessika
08-15-2007, 10:12 PM
My sister informed me that its an off-campus facility and actually really wants to go on the tour with me tomorrow because she wants to check it out too. And since she knows how to get there..... :D

Jessika
08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
So.. went on the tour, filled out an app, and have to write an essay to mail in...

This place looks and sounds GREAT!!!

Did all that Friday, wrote them a check for the application fee but asked them not to cash it yet since I'm out of work for three weeks it would be tight.

I get a phone call today from the lady who gave me the tour to let me know that spots for the March program were already filled... that quick!! HOWEVER, I had a spot reserved, I just needed to cash the check and submit my essay ASAP to find out if I'm accepted or not. I told her YES cash the check, we'll make it work, and since my sister is a student there it would be faster to have her drop off my essay than mail it so that's what we're gonna do.

I HAVE A SPOT IF I'M ACCEPTED GUYS!!! Please please pray that I will be accepted. I'll be so, so happy... this is what I really want to do...

However I want to have some read over my essay to see if it's "college material", so if I posted it here, would anyone take a look??

Jessika
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
So I'm accepted!! :D

Well...... not TECHNICALLY, I just need to email them clarification that I am aware I will not become a veterinarian from this program but will become a veterinarian technician, and THEN I get my acceptance letter :D

Classes start in March!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Karen
09-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Congratulations!!

DrKym
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
WOOOOOOOOOT!!! WTG!!! Congratulations!! :)

lvpets2002
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
:) WooHoo Hurray Our Own PT Future Vet.. Many Many Congrats..

crow_noir
09-25-2007, 01:51 AM
OMG!!! That is wonderful news!!!! It definitely cheers me up to hear that. (Such sad news around me lately.) Good luck with your classes! :-)

Jessika
09-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm so excited! Classes won't start till March but I can't WAIT to get out of this place and finally do something that I really really want to do!

moosmom
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Way To Go Jessika!!!!!!

pitc9
09-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Congrats!!!!
Way to go!! :D

mina'smomma
09-26-2007, 04:15 PM
This is so great Jessika. I'm happy for you. It's great when you can find the school you want and having it close to home just makes it even better.

Alysser
09-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Congratulations! :D :D

Jessika
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Thank you so much guys :)