PDA

View Full Version : three puppies born with no front legs

lute
08-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I found these puppies on the North Shore Animal League website. It shocks me that these poor puppies came from a "breeder".
chihuahua puppies link (http://www.nsalamerica.org/campaigns/chihuahuas/?source=1800_2leg120x400&cid=1800_2leg120x400)

Catty1
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
First of all...those pups are just SOOOO CUTE! Like the story says, THEY don't know there is anything different.

It IS bad that a BYB just allowed this to happen...but he did call the rescue, as they say...most BYB's wouldn't.

These little munchkins will have very strong back legs - and I hope they will find good homes where they are loved for who and what they are. :)

ramanth
08-14-2007, 11:30 PM
How sad, yet with a happy ending. I hope they find good forever homes soon.

Twisterdog
08-15-2007, 12:11 AM
It shocks me that these poor puppies came from a "breeder".

It would shock me if these puppies had NOT come from a puppy mill or back yard breeder. Unlikely puppies like this, with an obvious genetic deformity, would ever come from a reputable breeder who had genetic testing done.

The North Shore Animal League sums it all up perfectly: "... Physical deformities such as these are often the result of irresponsible breeding. While we are happy that the breeders chose to surrender these puppies to a shelter instead of fates far worse, we are saddened that the terrible misfortune of the deformities had to happen at all.

The terrible reality of backyard breeding is nothing new. We see it over and over again and the heartbreaking sadness of it never subsides. Backyard breeders are those who breed their animals for various inappropriate reasons. Often, they do not have bad intentions or even realize that they are contributing to a huge problem, but they are. Backyard breeders often breed animals with the intentions of making money or just imagining how cute it would be if their pet had babies, and what wonderful babies they'd make. "

pitc9
08-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Wow! How sad... but like Catty1 quoted... They don't even know there's anything wrong with themselves.

They are so cute!!