PDA

View Full Version : Kitty family

DianeSnizzy
08-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Okay, I have four kitties... one is an indoor/outdoor and the others are all indoor. My oldest is about 7 years old (and seems to be on her way out ---- the vet has done tests and exams and finds nothing wrong with her, but all she does is sleep, eat, go litterbox, and nothing else). My youngest are brother/sister 3 1/2 years old.

I want to get a new kitten and someone is offering one for adoption. My husband doesn't think it's fair to bring another cat in the house since we already have four. I would love to have another! All mine are fixed and, of course, I would get the new one fixed, too, so there's no worry about babies.

Does anyone think there should be a limit on the number of cats you should have at one time if they're all indoor kitties. (We live in an apartment)

Thanks!

kt_luvs_kitties
08-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I think it should be a decision you both agree on.... If not it could cause problems....

BUT I cant say anything about how many pets someone should have, I have 14 cats in a two bedroom :rolleyes:

Welcome to PT!

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Welcome to PT!!!:D I currently have 6 cats and I can't have any more because I feel that this is almost too much for me to handle and that I'm already over my limit. I only live in a 2 bedroom/2bathroom condo so there's no more room here any way.

If you feel you can handle another cat financially and that the cat would fit in well with your other cats then I say go for it.:) I'd love to see some pictures of your cats.;) I hope that there's nothing seriously wrong with your 7 year old cat.

Laura's Babies
08-15-2007, 04:01 AM
I think it would depend on space and rather you could afford another one. I have 4 in 840 sq. feet and that is enough for this space.

catmandu
08-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I am Catmandu Gary and I currently live in a two bedroom Hotel with 12 Cats.
I cannot say how many is too many. I know that sadly I am no longer taking in Cats due to the fact that my health is slowly going and that My Older Cats are going to need Vet Care.
But if you are young 5 is not too many at all.