PDA

View Full Version : Bad, Bad Mom! :-(

Don Juan's mom
08-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I've just returned from a long weekend in Michigan, celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary with all of the kids, grandkids and any other relatives we could rope in. I arranged to have a friend look after Don Juan and Zerlina while I was away, in my home (she has two cats and a d*g).

I wasn't able to get to the locksmith I usually use to make extra keys for her, so I had keys made at a hardware store, then took them straight over to her. BIG mistake. I got a frantic call from her on Saturday, saying she couldn't get the keys to work. :eek: My landlord lives out of the area, and would not be on the property at all.

I wasn't that worried, as I had fed the kitties before I left Friday morning and they had plenty of water. When I got home, they were all right thank G*d and Bastet, just hungry. And SOMEONE had peed and pooped all over my desk. (I suspect Don Juan.)

I've got a rehearsal tonight after work. Let's hope they don't think I'm abandoning them again. And let's hope that Don Juan is just mad at me, and not trying to tell me he's not feeling well.

Liz bad mom :(

Logan
08-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, darn! Poor babies, poor Mom! You must have been beside yourself! :eek: My parents had their 50th anniversary last week (Aug 10), too, and we celebrated the weekend before. I was a wreck, leaving Ben for the first time, with my petsitter, Wanda, whose key I know works!

Everything went fine here, thank goodness, even though we were gone for two nights. I'm sure your babies will forgive you.

Logan

Randi
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Oh Liz, you're not a bad mom! ;) You know what good survivors cats are - I'm sure they missed you, but they didn't starve.

Sorry about the pee and poop, that may be their way of demonstrating.

Are they clinging more to you now? Fister usually does after I've been away.

Give them some good long cuddles!

catmandu
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
That was not being a Bad Mom as your parents are only going to have one 50th Anniversary Party and you would feel terrible if you missed it. I hope Don Juan is all right and that was an accident from sadness and missing you so much. Its funny but I was gone for nearly a month and the Found Cats didnt seem to notice, oh hes back. yaawwwwwwwwwwn!

Laura's Babies
08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
That was a big OPPS! Lesson learned for us all here! TRY those new keys before you leave your babies!!

At least it was just a week end and they were alright.... other than being P'od you left... Amy does that when I go to the boat.. She leaves her "gifts" by the front door. I have learned to put down those pads now.

Medusa
08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
You weren't being a bad mom. People first. And the key issue happens to the best of us. But your cats definitely protested. :p

moosmom
08-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Liz,

I'm glad everyone is okay.

I did that once when I flew to CT from Michigan. I had a new key made and gave it to her to feed and water my ??? number of cats at the time. I had been having problems with the lock and so did she! She called me up frantic as well. Fortunately, my landlord only lived one town over.

Killearn Kitties
08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Oh no! You poor thing, and poor Don Juan and Zerlina. Abandoned! ;) It's good to give your digestive system a rest from time to time - so they say.

With the design of our doors, which feature letter boxes, at least your friend could have dropped a handful of dried food through the letter box, but you probably don't have that option.

How are the poor neglected kitties now?

Don Juan's mom
08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
With the design of our doors, which feature letter boxes, at least your friend could have dropped a handful of dried food through the letter box, but you probably don't have that option.

How are the poor neglected kitties now?

Recovering, poor babies. Unfortunately, my mail comes in a small locked box, so mail slot delivery wasn't an option.

On the suggestion of several Pet Talk members (both cat and d*g), I've bought a box of 20-Mule Team Borax and am using it for flea control. There was only one pee and poop in one litter box this morning. I've told Don Juan that he should tell me if he's not feeling well, so I can take him to the doctor and help him get better. Unfortunately, after his performance for his shots :mad: a few weeks ago, the prospect of going to the doctor may make him hide any illness even better. :rolleyes:

Liz