PDA

View Full Version : Rocky has stopped eating (update: he ate!!!)

Kirsten
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Just spoke to Reinhold, and he told me that Rocky has stopped eating two days ago. He's not even eating his treats, and he doesn't like to get up... so I guess we should better be prepared. :(

He's 12 years and 8 months old, and on Christmas 2005 we've been told by his vet he would soon go to the Bridge, but he overcame his crisis (enlarged Spleen gland, most likely from cancer) and recovered. Even when I saw him last Sunday he was in a good condition, but now it seems he's declining...

Please keep him in this thoughts...

This was him on Sunday:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky52.jpg

Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm so sorry!! Thoughts and prayers are going out right now for all of you, Feel better Handsome Man!!! :(

Kirsten
08-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Thank you, it's very appreciated.

I think it all depends on his will to fight (as he did the last time). But I think when he has decided that his time has come, we should accept it... :(

Kirsten

joycenalex
08-14-2007, 01:34 PM
kind thoughts for rockys' humans and prayers for an easy journey to the bridge

luvofallhorses
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
:( I just love that boy. I will keep you, Rocky, and his owners and of course Emma in my thoughts and prayers. ((((big hugs to you all especially Rocky)))) please give that handsome boy a hug for me when you see him.

cyber-sibes
08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
(((hugs))) to that handsome rottie boy. If this isn't his time, I hope he feels better soon.
If this is his time, I pray his journey to the Bridge is peaceful. After suffering so much, it will be a relief not to be sick anymore.
My thoughts & prayers are with him & your family.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Oh no, Kristen! Prayers for Rocky man on the way... :( :(

Logan
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Kirsten, Rocky is a beautiful boy. 12 years, for a boy of his size, is a good life. Thank you for loving him and accepting that it might be his time to go.

Logan

anna_66
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I have been dreading the day you posted something like this, as I could tell by the way his body looks it would be some day soon :(

If it's his time, I hope he passes peacefully. But I really do hope he has a little fight left...Emma is going to miss him terribly.

Please do keep us updated on him.

lizbud
08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Aww Rocky :( We all know what is waiting for all of us at the end of our
earthly journey. It doesn't make it any better & it's always a sad time when
we see our dear animal friends decline. :( Feel better soon sweet boy.

gemini9961
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm so sorry Kirsten. :(

Ginger's Mom
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Like so many others here, I have a huge soft spot for this big handsome boy. {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family, and {{{gentle hugs}}} to Rocky.

buttercup132
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
:( Oh no not Rocky.
I hope he's just feeling under the weather.

chocolatepuppy
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear it may be Rockys time. :( My thoughts and prayers will be with Rocky and all who love him.

Canis-Lupess
08-14-2007, 05:37 PM
ARGH, the pains of them getting old with the threat of things like this always hanging over your head. I feel for you. I had it with Mist and now have it with Jess. She's ok at the moment but, as you know, they can take a bad turn at anytime.

I hope, if it is Rocky's time, that he goes peacefully and without pain. Maybe it isn't yet though, he might just be going through a rough patch......

tikeyas_mom
08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh no, I will keep Rocky in my thoughts. He looks so young in that picture you took on sunday, such a handsome dog. I hope that when he does pass to the RB it will be peaceful, and painless. Sending good vibes Rockys way.

Catty1
08-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Prayers for Rocky, you, your mom and Reinhold.

{{{{hugs}}}}

caseysmom
08-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I am so sorry about Rocky, he is such a sweet handsome boy.

shais_mom
08-14-2007, 08:06 PM
thoughts on the way for you and your family and Rocky

Alysser
08-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh not Rocky. I am so sorry about your handsome boy. He was doing so well, and I really enjoyed all the pics you showed of him. I'll be praying for the sweet boy. Please keep us updated!

pitc9
08-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Prayers and {{hugs}} for Rocky. :(

I pray that if he is ready to pass to the bridge, his journey is peaceful.

WELOVESPUPPIES
08-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Thinking of Rocky and all his loved ones...

Kirsten
08-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Thank you very much for keeping the big guy in your thoughts and prayers.

I just spoke to my mom, and she said that Rocky ate this morning. The last two days he looked as if he was ready to leave (he even turned his head away in disgust when he was offered a treat!), but today, he's doing much better.

Looks like he's trying to do his best to stay with us a little longer. I'll keep you updated!

Kirsten

Canis-Lupess
08-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Ah, it's common for elderly dogs to go through patches of not wanting to eat. Sometimes, it is just a case of feeling a little off colour but not anything life threatening. It's hard not to worry though and think the worst when they are old.

In the UK, we have metatone tonic for people to perk you up and get back your appetite when run down or after illness and I find this also works well for dogs and other animals as a pick me up. My sister uses it on her cavies. It is just a blend of vitamins and minerals so nothing that will harm him. Worth seeing if they sell anything like that in Germany.

Hopefully, he was just feeling a little run down.

Daisy and Delilah
08-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Great news!! Keep eating, big man!! We're still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers :)

lizbud
08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Ah, bless your heart Rocky. I hope he continues to have more good days
than bad for a long time. :)

crow_noir
08-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Wonderful to hear :-D

Kirsten
08-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Just spoke to my mother again. Rocky is still eating, but has diarrhea (which he often has lately). We also noticed that his fur is getting reddish, and we were told this is a sign that his liver isn't working. This is also what his vet said (that his liver is enlarged). I don't know if meds would still help, or if they would only prolong his suffering. Rocky's vet is one of those who believe that "nature should just do its work" when an animal is that old.

Kirsten

caseysmom
08-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Rocky has had a long life for a large dog, I tend to agree with your Mom's vet. I hope Rocky has some more happy days till his time is here.