PDA

View Full Version : NOW we're officially rednecks!!!

catnapper
08-14-2007, 01:03 PM
First we have a shed thats being uprooted by a weed that grew into a tree.

Then we have a rusting bucket of bolts called a car in our "garden"

Now we'll be having a porta-potty in our back yard :rolleyes:

Yup, you read correctly, a portable potty. Those lovely contraptions that people hate to use. It'll be here for 3 days while they resume work on our bathroom. The insurance company approved a hotel room for us while the restoration of our bathroom is being done. We declined the offer and asked for a portable potty instead.

Are we nuts? Perhaps.

The neighbor's kid is home this week.... he's the one who we swear robbed us last summer and the one who I caught breaking into his own father's house last month. Both hubby and I don't want to leave the house unattended for fear the brat will rob us in the middle of the night. I hate living in fear but hubby says the fear is founded. You have to know this kid in order to understand why I feel this way :mad:

Sooo.... we're gonna have a beautiful porta-potty in our back yard for the whole world to see. Lovely, isn't it? :rolleyes:

At least in the end we'll have a brand new bathroom! :) I can't wait!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
With any luck, the neighbor kid will go into the porta-potty to check it out and get locked in there!!! :D

Craftlady
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I had one of those in my back yard while our bathroom was being remodeled for a week. Thankfully at night they (contractor) put the toliet back together so we didnt have to go outside in the middle of night to pee. It sure came in handy during the daytime :)
We had the porta potty for a week (cheaper) than doing it for a couple days.

Laura's Babies
08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, Hi ya Red Neck! Where's Bubba? :D

You are really going to enjoy that new bathroom when they finish it... Porta Potty in the summer? EUCK!

Hellow
08-14-2007, 04:22 PM
That sounds like me! LOLOLOL!

moosmom
08-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Kim,

You mean one of them blue things that SCREAMS...

PORT-O-LET???? otherwise known as a redneck lawn ornament.

http://www.toilets.com/images/pic_prod_sanijon.jpg

Congratulations!!! Does it come with toilet paper?? :D LOLOL

wombat2u2004
08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Dunno what happens over there mate, but I always have provided access to the toilet whenever I have done a bathroom job...it actually isn't that hard to rig something temporary up.
Wom

catnapper
08-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Wom, its kinda hard to have toilet access when we won't have a floor! :eek:

They are finding more and more troubles with this bathroom. There's concrete under the tiles. A good 5" thick of concrete! This is gonna cost a small fortune, and I have no idea how much insurance will be willing to cover at this point. :( Lord, I hope we won't have to take out any sort of loan for this!

wombat2u2004
08-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Wom, its kinda hard to have toilet access when we won't have a floor! :eek:

They are finding more and more troubles with this bathroom. There's concrete under the tiles. A good 5" thick of concrete! This is gonna cost a small fortune, and I have no idea how much insurance will be willing to cover at this point. :( Lord, I hope we won't have to take out any sort of loan for this!

Oh right, so this just in't a refit out ???? It's sort of starting from scratch ???? New floor and all ????
Ok....now I see the problem....and why they can't provide access.
Hope it all goes well for you mate.
Wom

jackie
08-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Lock the kid in the porta potty, and go spend the weekend in the hotel. I am sure his parents will thank you.