PDA

View Full Version : *Slaps Head* need to glue...

K9karen
08-14-2007, 12:30 AM
my camera to my head or somewhere. Of course, when I wanted it the most it was inside and I was afraid to leave the scene...

I spotted a groudnhog on our lawn just as I let Logan out to eat dinner with me. It barely moved when she approached at full speed, went around a huge azeala bush and came out the other side.

I never saw a groundhog NOT slip under a fence, but this one didn't even try. It's access was blocked by Logan and it was a small raised portion right where the slope begins, so the ground isn't even.

I was amazed..the groundhog stood on it's hind feet and chittered away at Logan and poked it's head forward as if to attack! Logan yelped and went into play mode-butt in air- and circled it a dozen times. I called her and she attempted to come to me, but I'm no match for a groundhog I guess. I was so afraid she'd get bitten I tossed my sandals near it but it never budged. I grabbed a shove and ran down to them waved it in the air and yelled like a maniac. No movement from either of them. I decided since my last 2 attempts at bravery went awry, to walk away. I called John and he came out and leashed Logan and took her in (fighting all the way). The groundhog made it under the fence . Logan did manage to grab it once, toss it in the air and drop it.
All night, during her outies, Logan's been marking near the fence. I swear, this was right out of Animal Planet, and me unable to get to my camera. It was truly scary but amazing.

dukedogsmom
08-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I can't believe no pics! This sounds like it was really cute to watch. Glad the groundhog only got tossed in the air once. I had to laugh as I pictured that. At least you got to see it though, right?

joycenalex
08-14-2007, 07:53 AM
those pennsylvania groundhogs are tough fearless little things i guess :eek: :D . taking on a dog and winning! gosh i'd love to see that, could you do that again, but with the video running? thanks for the laugh this am