PDA

View Full Version : My Lifelong Dream Has Come True!!

Kalei
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
All my life, the only thing I have ever wanted was land and my own horse, its been my lifelong goal. Well... I am so happy that I was crying,but I bought a horse! I still don't have land, but a family friend offered to board it for me for free, all I have to pay for is what it eats. So of course I couldn't pass up that offer.

Anyway, me and my friend went away on the weekend to a big well-known horse ranch and I found the horse of my dreams there! I know alot about horses, and have riden them quite a few times, but I also don't have years and years of experience on me like other people. So I found a 7 year old Paint gelding. He is fully trained and listens very well, I was riding him a little bit at the ranch, and he was so nice. And he is huge!! :eek: He is in the 15 hands, really tall for me, but that's okay. Seeing as I am a 20 year old living off a small wage, I don't have him home yet because I couldn't pay the owner all at once. But I am paying him monthly.

Here's some pics of the gorgeous boy!
http://i10.tinypic.com/6gv9oaa.jpg

And here's a pic to show how big he is compared to me:
http://i18.tinypic.com/535xxed.jpg

And this pic shows kindness in his eye:) Don't mind the name, I am thinking of naming him Midnight Masquerade.
http://i18.tinypic.com/6fh5es0.jpg

He is even registered! I don't know his registered name yet, but I will find out tonight I hope. Anyways, I have never been so happy in my life, I just can't wait til he's paid off and I can bring him home:D

Karen
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, congratulations. He's gorgeous, and looks so sweet! Give him a hug from me, okay? I have always loved horsies!

My mom was so horribly allergic to horses that to even go somewhere and ride one, I had to put an entire change of clothes in our shed, change as soon as I got home, rinse off my hands with the outside hose, then bring my clothes directly to the washing machine through the bulkhead. Needless to say, I didn't get to go riding much. I am just glad I didn't inherit that allergy!

Genny
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
WOW Kalei, I'm so happy for ya :) That is a liefe long dream for me as well and some day I hope to have a horse of my own too. I think they are just so amazing--and like you I've never had that much experience riding, but I have been around quite a few and just really love them.

Your horse is so beautiful! I can't believe you're getting one! I can only imagine how excited you are!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D ;)

JuniorxMyxLove
08-13-2007, 06:29 PM
good for you! I'm very jealous now. He's a very beautiful boy. I can't wait to hear more about him.

-melanie

Ginger's Mom
08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Awww, what a handsome boy. Congratulations. :)

The_Duck
08-13-2007, 11:02 PM
*throws a fistful of confetti into the air* Congratulations!!! I am so so so happy for you. Horses are amazing animals and I love them so much. I hope you get to bring him home soon. He's gorgeous! And I'm a sucker for Paints, so I totally love him. :)

Suki Wingy
08-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Congratulations!!!
He is absolutley gorgeous! I have the same dream...
Anyway, I love the name you picked out for him. It's kind of funny how we percieve height in horses, I call the 16.0 hh TB I ride my 'pony' because in jumping length irons my heels hand off. :p He looks rather lean but I bet your boy has more of a barrel because most APHA horses usually do. I compare thoroughbreds to grey hounds and AQHA's/APHA's to pit bull. :D

Kalei
08-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Thanks so much everyone! It makes me even happier to know that other people are happy for me as well:D

Horses are definately a beautiful animal. JuniorxMyxLove, there may be people here where I live that get jealous of him. I live in a really small area where the only thing people ever have is bay quarter horses, and they are small quarter horses too, so it'll be different for a big giant paint to be around here, but in a good way! I can't wait til he gets use to me and I can start training him and riding him. I think he will be great for pleasure and pole bending, barrel racing, and Down and Back again. Well he probably could do all of them just fine, but first I would have to train him.

On the first day of September I will be going to see him again and give my first big downpayment and I'm gonna see if the owner won't mind me grooming him while I'm there and I will get more pictures too :D

Anyways, thanks so much all of you, it means alot. I will keep you updated with pics whenever I go to see him.

Kalei
08-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Karen I can't imagine how it would be to be allergic to horses, I would go nuts lol, its good that you still got to go see horses though.:D

sweetpatata6
08-14-2007, 06:45 AM
:D :D :D :D :D that's all I have to say... CONGRADS KALEI!!!

moosmom
08-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Kalei,

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful and I absolutely love that name!

wombat2u2004
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow Kalei, that horse is a beauty. LOVE the colour. :D
Wom

buttercup132
08-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Congrads!
As soon as I saw the title I knew you had bought a horse.
He sure is nice looking and it's so nice of your friend to let you have him
there for free!

Miss Z
08-14-2007, 12:40 PM
YAAAAY! I know how much you wanted this, I'm SO happy that your dream has come true.

I absolutely adore his name, it suits him too. LOL, he sure does look big next to you, I tend to ride horses more in the 16.2-18hh range, so below that makes my legs bang their knees with dressage-length stirrups!

Once again, congratulations!!!

So, when are you inviting me over to see him? :p ;)

Zippy
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Congrats.He is a beauty. :D

Kalei
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks so much everyone! You don't know how great it is to know that there are other people who are happy with you:) And Buttercup I figured you might know, I've said quite many times lol. And Zara if I could I would definately go get ya and let ya see mah horse! I'd let you ride him too cause I know you ride horses all the time.

I am very lucky that someone will board him for free, all I have to pay is what he eats Yay! And hay here is pretty cheap:D

I can't wait to be able to get more pics for you, I'll be going up again the first day of September.

Hellow
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Congratulations on your new horse! He is sooooo beautiful!:)

JuniorxMyxLove
08-14-2007, 05:59 PM
haha people would be crazy NOT to be jealous of you! He is amazing! I love paints..since 'my' little junior is one. wait..i just read the "15hh, big for me" hah 15 hands isn't that big. I have amazingly long legs, and I've only ridden 2 horss who my legs didn't hang off of. One was an old fat qh, and the other was Casper. old and fat, too. I wish 15hh was big for me! haha

I can't wait to see more pics!

Whoever is letting you keep him on their land for almost nothing should be..i don't know, but rewarded somehow haha.

Kalei
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
haha people would be crazy NOT to be jealous of you! He is amazing! I love paints..since 'my' little junior is one. wait..i just read the "15hh, big for me" hah 15 hands isn't that big. I have amazingly long legs, and I've only ridden 2 horss who my legs didn't hang off of. One was an old fat qh, and the other was Casper. old and fat, too. I wish 15hh was big for me! haha

I can't wait to see more pics!

Whoever is letting you keep him on their land for almost nothing should be..i don't know, but rewarded somehow haha.

Hehe I agree, he is really excited. He's really happy that his horse is going to have another horse around now and has already got the stall ready for when I get my horse:D Yeah he was between 15 and 16, much closer to the 16 hands.

I also wanted to know, some of you already said you like the name Midnight Masquerade, but I just wanted to know if any of you think Midnight Masquerade seems like a good name for him? I always wanted to name my first horse Masquerade:)

Thanks muchly everyone!

Alysser
08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow, Kalei that is awesome!! Congratulation!! I have always known you wanted a horse. This is great, I am so happy for you. :D Your new horse is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the name.

chrissycat21
08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Congratulations on getting a horse! He is so beautiful. :) I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of him.

Argranade
08-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Awww your SO lucky to be able to own a horse.

I'm sure you'll be even more happy when you get the land for it. :)

I would be able to get a horse too but I don't want to move to the countrey because all my friends are here in the city, no offence to anyone who lives in the countrey but it looks pretty boring... I mean the malls & close parks can be SO far away sometimes, I do love the countrey but it's not for me.

Congratz on your horse & awsome name. :D

Husky15
08-15-2007, 07:29 AM
YAY! :D

You know I'm so happy that you're finally getting a horse. He's a beautiful boy and I can't wait to meet him.

JuniorxMyxLove
08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
I like that name. Name him it :D

Haha even the land owners excited. This horse is definitely special :D

Haha everytime I come across a post of yours, I stare at your signature for like 5 minutes because it's got a picture of him in it :rolleyes:

Kalei
08-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I like that name. Name him it :D

Haha even the land owners excited. This horse is definitely special :D

Haha everytime I come across a post of yours, I stare at your signature for like 5 minutes because it's got a picture of him in it :rolleyes:

Hehe, aw thank you! I'm glad you like him, its going to be alot of fun when he is home with me and I can get lots of pics of him:D

My dad said that pic of him in my siggy looks goofy lol, I think it shows kindness in his face:)

KittyGurl
08-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Congrats on the new horse, Kalei! He is gorgous and beautiful! You are so lucky to be able to buy a horse. Can't wait til September first for some more pictures!