PDA

View Full Version : Man to break sound barrier-while parachuting?

RICHARD
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Man to break sound barrier

A parachutist hopes to become the first man to break the sound barrier by jumping from a balloon 25 miles high.

Michel Fournier, 63, a retired Army officer, will plunge at up to 1,000mph, breaking the record for the highest balloon jump into the bargain.

He will defy temperatures of -100C, solar radiation and oxygen deprivation, reports the Daily Mirror.

A modified space suit will protect him from the sonic boom.

He said: "It really is a leap into the unknown. Nobody knows much about the effect on the human body of passing the sound barrier."

Fournier, a former para who served in Algeria, was one of three candidates who took part in a French Army plan to jump 125,000 feet in the 80s.

---------------------------------

There is a little problem of getting the parachute to deploy at really fast will give him a super-sonic wedgie and a new vocal range!

A twist on the old joke...

How do you turn a man into a vegetable?

Let him try and break the cound barrier on a parachute....he'll come down-SQUASH! :eek:

Lady's Human
08-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Darwin remains hard at work...........

RICHARD
08-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Darwin remains hard at work...........

I swear to George....I thought the same thing! :D

critter crazy
08-13-2007, 06:20 PM
This is what it will look like!!:D

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Cool%20Pics/Winters-LaCuidad-FallingMan.jpg

RICHARD
08-14-2007, 02:48 AM
This is what it will look like!!:D

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Cool%20Pics/Winters-LaCuidad-FallingMan.jpg

He may be a little more naked than that, but thanks for the photo! :D

wombat2u2004
08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
There is a little problem of getting the parachute to deploy at really fast will give him a super-sonic wedgie and a new vocal range!

HAH !!!! :D ..........not real sure about the new vocal range, what was once between his legs may well end up between his brain lobes !!!!!! :p
Wom

Jessika
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Hmmm I thought there was a max speed at which any object could travel on it's own, I didn't think that a human body could break the speed of sound. :o Or that may be free-fall, if he's being launched I suppose that's a different story. But, I could be wrong.... and stranger things have happened!

lvpets2002
08-15-2007, 12:32 PM
:p Leave it up to you Wom to enlighten us on the true prompt of the final results.. :D
HAH !!!! :D ..........not real sure about the new vocal range, what was once between his legs may well end up between his brain lobes !!!!!! :p
Wom