PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt For Red October

Grace
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I love this story. Have read the book 3 times, and tonight saw the movie again for about the 10th time. Keeps me in suspense every time - even though I know the ending.

RICHARD
08-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Sean Connery as a Russian was kinda weird. He was killing them as Bond! :confused:

The best two Clancy books are Without Remorse and Red Storm Rising. He wrote RSR with Larry Bond, another good author. The best part about RSR was the story line- you were all over the place and there was alot of good characters.

Without Remorse is wonderful. Not a Jack Ryan story but just a good!

I loved Clear and Present Danger-the movie was kinda bland.

Patriot Games was really good.

The scariest books were Sum of All Fears and the one where the 'ebola' gets
released.

--------

As soon as 9/11 happened I thought of the book he wrote where the plane crashes into the white house, Debt of Honor.

wombat2u2004
08-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Love that movie. And I think Connery is good in it to.
Wom

Grace
08-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Patriot Games was really good.

Yes, I loved this one, also. Both book and movie - which we saw a couple of weeks ago for the umpteenth time.

My son graduated from USNA in Annapolis, and it was cool being able to picture the area while reading the book, and the scenes filmed there in the movie.

The scariest books were Sum of All Fears and the one where the 'ebola' gets released.

Speaking of ebola, have you ever read The Hot Zone by Richard Preston? That's a true story that will make you have nightmares.

AbbyMom
08-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Love the Hunt for Red October! I've only read it twice. Now I must retrieve and put in my reading queue. :D

In my opinion, this script, that is the translation of a novel into a two-hour movie, was one of the best ever.

I've seen so many novels converted into movies that are so disappointing. But in this movie you hardly notice the differences and it keeps all the suspense. You hardly realize how much they cut out to fit it into two hours.

RICHARD
08-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Speaking of ebola, have you ever read The Hot Zone by Richard Preston? That's a true story that will make you have nightmares.

Yes,
THat was another scary one.