PDA

View Full Version : SOOOOO Thankful for family and friends

NicoleLJ
08-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I just have to post to let people know how thankful I am for my family and friends.

As many of you know Sheena, my PSD(Psychiatric Service Dog) was bred so I can hopeful start my dream of breeding pups that have a good potential to be Service Dog candidates and hence I would donate them to trainers and facilites. She had her litter, who are now 4 weeks old, and one is being donated to a very respected breeder and trainer of Service Dogs. But if it was not for my extended family and friends this dream would never happen.

Why, you wonder? Because while Sheena is pregnant and has pups to care for, I am home. I can not leave the house(and have not left the house at all), not till some time in September at the earliest. Which is fine for me since one of my problems is agoraphobia. I am actually much happier being home. But i have to rely completely on my husband and family and friends to do everything that is needed outside of my home. From grocery shopping, to getting school supplies, picking up mail, taking kids for appointments and everything.

This was all planned in advance of course. And i thought it would be much harder to have to stay home but it is actually a huge relief for me and has decreased my stress level so much knowing I can depend on others to help when I need it. I have missed several family reunions this summer and my sisters wedding also. But all of them understand and make exceptions for it since they know about my disabilites.

So I wanted to start a thread about being thankful for friends and family that are there when we need them. So if you have any stories to share about this same thing then please share it. I think this would be a great feel good thread.

Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

crow_noir
08-15-2007, 03:32 AM
I know i probably wouldn't still be here if it weren't for S.O. He has helped me through so much. So very much. I have multiple problems with my health which also lead into mental issues. While many others are condescending he stands tall and proud and sticks up for me. Where others would have dropped me in a heartbeat he has stood by me and acted as a pillar of support. I am forever in his debt. I hope that if there is a next life, that i can repay him somehow in that one. I do my best to remind him that i don't take him for granted.

moosmom
08-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Nicole,

KUDOS to you (and your family)!!! While I am not fond of breeders (backyard and otherwise), I think what you're doing is truly amazing. Giving back to the community like that is so unselfish and totally rewarding.

I also suffer from depression, PTSD and ADD so I know where you're coming from with the agoraphobia. With my new place, I can just sit and chill.

My childhood friend Susan, fostered FIDELCO dogs and loved it. Then one of the dogs didn't quite finish school because he was way too hyper, so she adopted him. He was a great family dog.

Good luck to you my friend. You are truly amazing! ;)

NicoleLJ
08-15-2007, 12:31 PM
WOW Thanks so much MoosMom. You really made my day. I have been very tired as of the past couple of days but reading your post has sure helped lighten my mood. Thanks so much.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies