PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful news!!!! All 9 Miners in PA mine alive!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I just heard that they broke through where the 9 miners have been trapped in a Pennsylvania mine since Wednesday night. They lowered a microphone down and have heard all 9 miners voices. They are still alive!!!
They are now in the process of getting the rescue chamber down to get them out. They believe that all are in fairly good shape at this time.

While this isn't pet related, there will now be pets whose 'Dads' will be coming home.
WaaaaHoooo!!

Aspen and Misty
07-27-2002, 10:42 PM
That is so great to hear! Wa hoo!

Puffin83
07-27-2002, 10:43 PM
Woo(t)hoo!~~~

AdoreMyDogs
07-27-2002, 11:02 PM
Fantastic! I had not heard anything recent about them. Thanks for the update!

Karen
07-27-2002, 11:05 PM
Yay! Hooray! Let's wish and pray them all safely to daylight and home!

krazyaboutkatz
07-27-2002, 11:34 PM
That's great news. :D

mugsy
07-27-2002, 11:52 PM
I saw that on CNN tonight...awesome news isn't it??? Yeah to the rescue heroes that worked so long and so hard to get to those miners!!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2002, 12:05 AM
Just heard on CNN: The first miner has been pulled out!!! Yipeee!!
:D

Former User
07-28-2002, 02:33 AM
Great news!:)

kohala
07-28-2002, 03:49 AM
I love that pic of the PA governeor - it says it all about how we all feel. I bet there are some happy moms & dads, wives & kids, and doggies & kitties & birdies tonight!!!! Thank God.

sasvermont
07-28-2002, 06:24 AM
I don't have cable TV so I am subject to the local stations here in VT and they are not doing special notices so I must wait for the news at 6Pm 11PM for any updates. Thanks so much for the great update.

WOW - I hope they are all fine!

:D

lynnestankard
07-28-2002, 07:32 AM
GREAT NEWS ISN'T IT!! BEEN WATCHING IT ON SKY AFTER HEARING THE WONDERFUL NEWS ON THE RADIO.
SOMEONE WAS WATCHING OVER THEM

LYNNE

Randi
07-28-2002, 07:55 AM
I've just read the whole story, that's wonderful they all got saved!! :) Lots of happy family and pets today! :D

AdoreMyDogs
07-28-2002, 08:53 AM
Yippi! I am so glad that they are out...finally!

lovemymaltese
07-28-2002, 11:26 AM
I have been watching this story on CNN. I couldn't imagine the terror these men must of felt. Thank God that they are all alive.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by kohala
I love that pic of the PA governeor - it says it all about how we all feel. I bet there are some happy moms & dads, wives & kids, and doggies & kitties & birdies tonight!!!! Thank God. Happy horses too! One of the miners owns horses!!!
I couldn't tear myself away and watched until all miners were safely out of the mine. So many things impressed me: When they were brought out, they all were greated with clapping from everyone and smiles and tears. The Governor walked with each one up the hill to the medical people and helped carry some of the stretchers. It was just incredible. I heard this morning that one of the miners wouldn't sleep until he saw the sunrise. At one time, they wrote notes to put in a bucket for their loved ones while they were in the mine because they didn't think they would make it. This was when the accident first happened. One thing that gives me chills and makes me say an extra prayer is the broken drill bit. The one that held up drilling to 18 hours. They said if that bit hadn't broken and held up drilling, they would have broken through the roof into water and might have broke the air pocket and flooded the entire area. Instead we have 9 miracles. Waaaa Hooo!!!:D

AmberLee
07-28-2002, 10:53 PM
Such a relief! Thank you for posting.