PDA

View Full Version : Puddy the storm watcher

Medusa
08-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I had just finished working at my home office and my eyes were tired, so I decided to lie down for a few minutes. My Puddy wouldn't have it. She kept pacing and meowing and that isn't like her at all. If she meows, she's either in pain or she's giving someone a warning to back off. Well, she was giving me a warning alright and I did give heed to it but there was really nothing to be done. The wind came out of nowhere; a storm was predicted for early yesterday morning but that was all. Suddenly, I realized why she was pacing so much, so I got up and started to gather the fur posse into the basement when BOOM! Puddy came about a foot off the floor and got airplane ears as if to say "Hurry, Mom, now!" But the wind suddenly died down, so I looked in the back yard because that sounded like where the noise came from. Nothing. So I looked in the front. A HUGE maple tree had been split in half and fell across my driveway and into my neighbor's yard. Fortunately, when I bought this house a couple of years ago, I had the foresight to have a big branch taken down from that very tree. Had I not done that, I wouldn't be able to type this right now because the branch would've gone right through my office window. Soooo.....I called the tree service and they were able to at least cut the tree up so I could get out of my driveway to go to work this morning. (Yay. No sarcasm key when I need it.) They're coming back later today to cut the tree up and chip the rest of it. So looks like I'm gonna have lots of firewood. But I'll tell ya, Puddy was on it! None of my other cats seemed concerned but she wasn't going to let me alone until I got up off that sofa. We're all lucky, no real damage was done (except to my finances). But all my fur posse is safe. Yay Puddy!

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Well done Puddy, keeping everybody safe like that! Clever girl. Your mum is lucky to have you. :D

That was lucky about the tree. It could have been worse, and a lot more expensive!

catlover4ever
08-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes indeed, WELL DONE PUDDY!!! :)

Laura's Babies
08-10-2007, 04:20 PM
A cat that forcasts weather? Why not? I wouldn't mind one of those since those sudden storms can come up without warning! GOOD JOB PUDDY!

Randi
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Well done, Puddy!! You're a marvelous storm watcher. :) Glad you're all safe! Phew!!

catmandu
08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Puddys a Hero Cat and should have a medal.
Hes just showing how right you were when yopu adopted him and hes repaying you the best way he can by warning you of impending danger.
Thats a wonderful Cat Puddy the Hero!!!
He deserves some Cat Nip and Treats!!!