PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want Bob? *Update post 24.

ChrisH
08-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Sad thing is I'm only half joking.

Last Friday one of the children next door lobed one of their toys over the fence which Bob picked up and on seeing me promptly swallowed. He also got to an inch size ball before me but I managed to get that. A week of anxiety has followed until this morning when he vomited it up. Here it is - cleaned up of course.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%202/IMG_0995.jpg
I must mention that the centre of that contains what seems to be another inch sized ball.

All fine and dandy, it's out, I'm content. Until around half and hour ago that is.

I hear him chewing on something, look and see it is the leather bookmark I've been using, quarter gone. He sees me and swallows the rest.

This type of thing is nothing new, he is nine years old and has done this all his life, with all sorts of things. I've not always seen what until it comes out of one or the other ends.

I'm tired and getting too old for it all.

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Oh Chris, what a worry. He looks so cute too! I don't know what could discourage him from doing that. It is not a problem I have ever had to deal with. You have probably given up hoping he is going to grow out of it by now?

sasvermont
08-10-2007, 06:59 AM
That Bob! I did giggle a bit when I saw that green thing. I guess he thought it would be ok to swallow such a thing! It doesn't look that tasty!

I know what you mean about getting too old for the stress involved, when taking care of high maintenance pets! Bob is one of my favorite doggies here. He has been my screen saver many a time, for weeks on end.

I wonder if he has a doggie eating disorder? He's not the only doggie eating everything in sight. We had a dog, when I was a child, that would eat cigarette butts from the streets! It was horrible. The dog had horrible digestive problems for years. It ate everything in sight. I hope Bob has some control!

((((((((((((ChrisH)))))))))))))

Bob, be a good boy for Mom! ;)

pitc9
08-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Bob!! :eek: What in the world made you think that green wiggley thing would taste good? *blech*

Chris, I'm glad it came up and you can breath easier.
Untill next time... ;)

Bob, how about you try only eating things that you are supposed to eat!
Food and treats taste better than all those crazy things you eat, and besides that they won't make you throw up!! :D

Please be a good boy Bob!

Randi
08-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Oh Chris, seeing the size of that, no wonder you're worried. :eek: I guess you'll have to hide everything small that he would find interesting, and explain to the children next door what he does. I'm so glad it came up! :)

Bob, be a good boy and stick to your food!

lizbud
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh Chris, I'm sorry that Bob couldn't resist a good chew. :( If it's any
consolation, I have one just like him. My Maggie will eat anything.Especially
anything found outside or on walks. I think I'd talk to those children, or
their parents. We love you Bob. Please be a good boy. :)

Look at this innocent face of another confirmed eater of strange things......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pc48b1b08a846d587790dd9c3d03d4f6a/ec3a4c76.jpg

cyber-sibes
08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Hey, I watched an episode of Emergency Vets where they had to extract one of those things from a dog who swallowed one - be glad, be very very glad, Bob upchucked it so nicely for you!
I don't know what gets into them. Last summer Sherman went on a binge eating strange things. I have to agree, the "watching & searching" part is NOT fun.

Now stop doing that, Bob. Silly boy. ;)

cyber-sibes
08-10-2007, 12:24 PM
There's an awful lot of dogs being "given away" here on PT lately! ;)

Hey, I watched an episode of Emergency Vets where they had to extract one of those things from a dog who swallowed one - be glad, be very very glad, Bob upchucked it so nicely for you!
I don't know what gets into them. Last summer Sherman went on a binge eating strange things. I have to agree, the "watching & searching" part is NOT fun.

Now stop doing that, Bob. Silly boy.

joycenalex
08-10-2007, 03:55 PM
i've long coveted bob, and can his cat come with us too?.....calling united, flights to the united kingdom......

Whisk_Luva
08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Anyone want Bob?

Yes :D

ChrisH
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for your comments everyone. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

Karen, yes, I've given up on his growing out of it but, believe it or not, he IS better than he used to be at least on walks - not that we go much anymore, but I digress .. At one time it was such a nightmare taking for a walk around bonfire night I used to have to put a muzzle on him else he would pick up and swallow the spent fireworks, he has also been know to pick up those plastic cigarette lighters.

Randi, putting things out of his reach has become second nature to me, even my g/daughter knows to never leave anything lying around whilst she's here. The bookmark he grabbed had fallen out of the book I had been reading without me noticing, fatal with Bob around.

Liz, must be a thing with labs and spaniels, there was a lab a friend of a friend owned named Socks, he was named so for a reason. :) Perhaps it's something in the genes.

The neighbours children are only little, a baby, Molly, and a three year old, Warren, the Friday it happened Warren had his little friends to round to play. When they were there again this past Wednesday some more things came sailing over so I had a quiet word with his mum, hopefully she will keep a sharp eye next time they are playing out there.

He's beyond redemption I fear but what can I do but love the silly boy.
Here he is determined to perform the impossible, keep hold of the two balls he was playing with.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Movies%202/th_bobby-1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Movies%202/?action=view&current=bobby-1.flv)
btw, the room is not usually that crowded it's just the yearly invasion of ants has forced me to decamp out of the kitchen.

Randi
08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh Chris, he's so sweet, and I can tell how much he loves you too. :) He really keeps you on your toes, doesn't he! LOL!

lizbud
08-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I loved the video. I like where he waits for you to throw the red ball
then grabs it. He seems to love that game. :)

K9karen
08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Anyone want Bob?

I DO! I DO!!!

Glad you're safe and healthy, buddy boy.
Nuthin' like a good poop or a toss up. Glad it wasn't off to the white coats with ya! Phew!!

Logan
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh good grief, Bob! You and our Honey are so much alike! Honey prefers to dig deep caves, rather than swallowing stuff, though. I guess there are some things that dogs like you guys never outgrow!

Chris, I feel your pain. :rolleyes:

ChrisH
08-11-2007, 04:27 AM
I know what you mean about getting too old for the stress involved, when taking care of high maintenance pets!

I wonder if he has a doggie eating disorder? He's not the only doggie eating everything in sight. We had a dog, when I was a child, that would eat cigarette butts from the streets! It was horrible. The dog had horrible digestive problems for years.
sas, I just read about Miley, made my problem with Bob fade into insignificance. {{hugs}}

Guess he could have an eating disorder of some kind but he doesn't have any kind of digestive problems to go along with it, at least not as yet. Though I guess they way he is it's more than likely he may eat something someday that will cause him real problems.

Chris, I'm glad it came up and you can breath easier.
Untill next time... ;)

Luckily, he has always either pooped or thrown up stuff he has eaten, even if its been a week, as in the case of the green toy, or even longer .. I remember a rubber glove that took a month ... at the same time eating, drinking, pooping as normal. But it is still a big worry, there is always that 'first time' looming overhead.

i've long coveted bob, and can his cat come with us too?.....calling united, flights to the united kingdom......
Nope, can't have Ebby cat, she is such a good girl. :D But you're on the Bob list along with Whisk_Luva and Karen. :D

Oh good grief, Bob! You and our Honey are so much alike! Honey prefers to dig deep caves, rather than swallowing stuff, though. I guess there are some things that dogs like you guys never outgrow!
Chris, I feel your pain. :rolleyes:
Thanks Logan, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/attachment-1.gif and I empathize with your Mack problem, I had a GSD who did such things, drove me nuts!

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to read & reply. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

ramanth
08-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh Bob! Stop putting things in the mouth and tummy that don't belong there! :eek:

I'm glad he's okay.

And I'll happily take him too. ;) :D

*hugs*

anna_66
08-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Ah now, you know you wouldn't take anything for that boy of yours Chris;)

It's hard to look at Bob and believe he can be anything but sweet and cute, I would never have imagined...lol!
They all get on our last nerves sometimes, but we wouldn't trade them for the world:D

I was glad to see though that the green thing you showed came out the front and not the back :eek:

Be a good boy for mummy Bob! Kisses to that handsome man.

Oh and I'm sorry but I respectfully decline your offer to take him...I've got enough on my hands with my boy Bon:D

ChrisH
08-11-2007, 11:54 AM
I've put your name on the list, Kimmy. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thumbsup3.gif :D
Aw, but Anna, you don't want him, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/duma07.gif but he and Bon could team up and make your life much more ... ummm ... fun. ;)

cassiesmom
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Bob ... precious guy ... please, please try not to take strange things in your mouth, okay? You might choose something that could harm you and I would not want that to happen for anything. I'm glad the goofy green toy episode has ended.

Catty1
08-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Chris, I don't know if this will help...I don't know dogs very well, and I guess some are 'just like this'. But I have heard sometimes animals will eat weird things if some little thing is missing in their diet. Could be a vitamin or some small thing.

Also - don't know if you are keen on psychics - but Nancy Efrusy is in the USA, and can tell you if there is something Bob is trying to 'say'. She's done great work for some PT folks here.

[email protected]

Hugs to Bob! He looks so sweet!

ChrisH
08-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Thanks Catty. I don't think it's anything to do with food/vitamins but I've read a lot here on PT about Nancy and it is something to think about. Not for the eating issue, that has been around for ever, but to see how happy, or not, he is with things that have changed in his life over the last few years, sharing his home with Ebby cat for one.

anna_66
08-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Aw, but Anna, you don't want him, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/duma07.gif but he and Bon could team up and make your life much more ... ummm ... fun. ;)
LOL! Thanks any way Chris, I have all the "fun" I need;):D

ChrisH
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Well, one week later and he threw up the bookmark, or some of it anyway, I'm sure he ate more than appeared. No photo this time, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/remoteImage-4.gif too gross. :)

Killearn Kitties
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Oh Bob. :(

sasvermont
08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Chris, I think you have your work cut out for you. Bob seems to have quite the appetite for things he should not have!

Bob, behave yourself. :rolleyes: And no more bookmarks! :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!! Who are these people who think MY Bobby boy is going anywhere but with me?????

Not sure where I'll hide the cat toys...or the cats.... :D :D :D

captain
08-19-2007, 02:20 AM
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!! Who are these people who think MY Bobby boy is going anywhere but with me?????

Not sure where I'll hide the cat toys...or the cats.... :D :D :D

HANG ON!!!! That took you long enough!!! :D

Chris,
My darlin "innocent" Captain ate a whole sock (without me noticing), and about a day or so later, pooped it out - nice long sock-like poo ....... ewwwwww.
I am thankful everyday he managed to poop it out - but it was pretty gross.