PDA

View Full Version : Because You Loved Me

Nobas Mom
08-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I was skimming another message board and found this that I had to share with everyone, brought major tears to my eyes and proves how much some people do love their pets... :)

"I saw you the day you were born. You looked light an over sized tootsie roll and could not do much more than roll around. I watched with your siblings until the magic 8 weeks had passed for us, and you had passed your first doctors appointment. The fuss we made for you and over you was really silly now that I look back. Your Mom’s owner was so particular about where you went and with whom that she would not ship you and you came home on a corporate jet instead of driving for 13 hours. Your new daddy was flying and the rest of your family was all along for the ride so happy to finally have you home. And you, you were just in a deep sound asleep oblivious to the big deal that was being made even though it was all about you. Your first night was filled with soulful cries of home sickness and cries for your old family. Daddy would get up and wrap you in a nice warm baby blanket and sooth you until you went back to sleep. When you stirred in your kennel he would fly out of bed to let you know all was safe and you were not alone. When you came home and snooped, peed and pooped in all the spots you were not supposing to. After the first week, the novelty of your accidents happening in the wrong spots was getting old but then suddenly you were learning the right spots. The hanging bell would jingle you’re your need and our excitement over your learning made you that much more excited. Every morning your little eyes danced like fireflies, and your tail was a world class thumper. As you grew that tail of destruction could knock off coffee mugs, figurines or anything other decorative touch placed at the perfect tail height. They said your tail was your rudder for swimming but I thought what a great way to start dusting! You went with us to work every day and learned more manners and your social skills grew with each new person. When you finally had all your shots all your new found socializing was a huge hit at the puppy park and fast friends were made. Every day you would sleep under my desk and remind me to take you outside to stretch your legs but when I look back now I think it was so I could enjoy some fresh air and laugh at you romping in the grass. As you grew each day and the precious puppy face was replaced with our loyal dog our love for you grew. You discovered the animals that were your friends and that not all cats loved your charm. Your antics when school started are a fond memory of you crying out the window as if we had abandoned the kids or forgotten to wait for their return. You learned to tell time and to be waiting for the yellow bus that brought you back your whole family and I am still not sure to this day who was more excited to see each other your or the kids. You hated to be left alone and would chew yourself into a corner of trouble that we knew was your way of being a teenager rebelling to change. You challenged authority but quickly realized how good it was for you and simply got better. When we found out of the newest human addition to our family your keen senses new something was amiss and your energy level dropped down and concern for me went up. You became protective and loving more so than ever. You offered your favorite toys and picked up what ever I could not bend over to get. You were quick to your feet and out of the way as if knowing I could easily trip. Best of all you never made a single fat joke! And when the newest pack member arrived you were as kind to him as you have always been to the rest of us. Your gentle giant ways softened into gentle angelic ways. Before he ever cried out at night you were first to our room to let us know of his stirring. You would lick his bare feet and offer him your warm blanket until we came in the same way we took care of you. And when the Good Lord above so to it to take our angel away so quickly in his sleep, it was you who reminded us that we were a family and life would go on. You gave us each the comfort we needed when we needed yet we never gave back to you for your loss of him. We took for granted the time you would miss having him learning to stand next to you and take his first steps beside you. We took for granted that you lost someone you considered a friend. We took for granted our grief mattered more than yours. It was not until months had passed that I would find you laying under his crib and here a slight whimper until you realized I was there and then you turned off your tears and turned on your smile to ensure I was safe and okay. Just as you had always done you put us first and yourself last with no expectations. As the years went by and we looked back and laughed at all the damage your teeth had done, carpets that had been ruined, food snuck off the counter none could ever bring back the smiles that you gave us all. The tail chasing, days at the puppy park, the slobber lined side of the truck, the nose prints on the back door, or the silly deep snore of you asleep while your feet were swimming away to get your toy. The day of the big move you saw your home being packed away and your pacing and nerves were so apparent. We could not convince you enough that your spot was marked in the truck to go along and the thought of leaving you behind was never an option because we had already lost one family member how could we lose yet another? Years went by of you dedicating your life to us, of making us your reason for being. We knew as the years crept by your time with us was so limited and on the fateful day when your precious body could barely be lifted without pain we knew without out a doubt we had to give back to you the way you had always given to us. We had to be as unselfish as you had been your whole life. And in the end it was still you barely able to hold your head up but still licking us softly to tell us it was okay and that we would be okay. It was you dying in our arms trying to make us feel better. Even in the end you still wanted to keep showing us love. Your whole world was about us and our family’s happiness and yet I don’t know that you ever realized that you were our whole world because you were our happiness. You taught us what love is and should be; because of you we learned to love and will love again but we will never stop loving you. Rest peacefully my dearest friend for you truly deserve to be in the better place you we believe you are." - author anonymous

sumbirdy
08-10-2007, 01:08 AM
That is so sad! I could barely see it through my tears.

pitc9
08-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh... I better not read this at work.

lute
08-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Oh my goodness! That is so touching. I'm tearing up.

The_Duck
08-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Jeez! You trying to kill me? I could hardly breath from holding back the tears. It strikes pretty close to home after losing Blackfoot. She was amazing like that. Very touching. Thanks for sharing.

kallisto4529
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that, it was absolutely beautiful!!!! of course im sobbing now, thanks...lol It reminded me so much of my Mousse and Ginger, they were very special Angels just like that one.

cyber-sibes
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
That is so very sweet. I have to go blow my nose & wipe my eyes now. Another reminder that my precious angel Sherman was taken way too soon.