PDA

View Full Version : 130 Cats in a 2 Bedroom Apartment

catmandu
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_cats101997.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=cats101997.flv)
this is incredible the Poor Lady had to throw the food in to feed them. This I believe is in Moscow. Thats too Many Cats and thats not fair to the smaller timid Cats.

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
How horrible.:( I hope that some one has offered to help her and the cats. Do you know any of the details Gary?

Catty1
08-09-2007, 08:52 PM
http://englishrussia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/130-cats-1.jpg

All I can find is that these are homeless cats - she loves them and wants to help them.

The few still pics I have seen - they all look perky and healthy!

And here I am wondering if I dare have a 3rd in MY 2-bedroom! :)

I hope she gets help with feeding and vet costs.

kt_luvs_kitties
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
That is so very cruel :( I feel so sorry for them, they look petrified, and you know they NEVER get attention. Bet most have never even felt the touch of a loving person. And the food, well that bag would not even feed them all. I hope she gets in trouble :mad:

AND I complain about 14 in a 2 bedroom :rolleyes:

kt_luvs_kitties
08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I forgot to say, I know she is TRYING to help, but clearly she isnt. I think its awful :(

Catty1
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Katie - I did find a close-up pic of a few of the kitties - they all look alert and healthy.

But I don't know how much socializing they are getting, though I am sure they know who brings the food.

I would guess....better than being on the street in Moscow. Maybe now that this is getting publicized, some help will arrive.

Laura's Babies
08-09-2007, 09:45 PM
That is so sad!

Medusa
08-10-2007, 06:42 AM
What begins as an act of pure human kindness can quickly turn into an out of control situation. I didn't watch the video because it would haunt me all day. I feel awful for the cats but I feel worse for the woman. This is mental illness. Years ago I met several families who were shut-ins and they lived in squalor and had so many cats that you couldn't even breathe. The disease factor was frightening; the cats were unhealthy and unhappy and the people were miserable. Yes, the cats in this video need help w/out a doubt but so does this woman.

Whisk_Luva
08-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Thats awful! :( Though imagine having to remember 130 cats names..... :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-10-2007, 07:26 AM
OMG, how awful, disgusting and cruel.... ! I couldn't watch the whole video, I couldn'd stand the sound of poor screaming cats :( :( :mad: :(

catmandu
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
I am sorry if this video disturbed anyone as that certainly was not my intention. I do think that thats sad that so many Cats are in a small place and I do think that thereare some who are very hungry as the bigger stronger Cats are going to get to the food first.
Thats a sad situation but I dont think that theres alot of help for strays in Russia I dont think there are many shelters. I know we all pray for that Lady and her Cats.

Catty1
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
In Marketplace, Russian Doll announced she had opened her new website - I pm'd her this link, to see if anyone had sent her this story yet.

Since her site is for cat lovers, and this lady is in Russia - maybe someone there will have a way to help her.

Long shot, but all there is right now.

momtomany
08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
It is very sad, but I will agree with Catty 1, the cats look very healthy. I had a coworker watch and she agreed they looked good. Since this was being filmed for TV, maybe she feeds them more than what they showed. Hopefully she has some help.

momcat
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
What a sad situation! My prayers go out for those kitties and I hope this woman can find all the help she needs.

CultureJunky
08-11-2007, 05:24 AM
I haven't even watched the video as I know It'll upset me too much, I just pray that these cats will get help and are okay. Things like this upset me too much sometimes to think about. :(

smokey the elder
08-13-2007, 08:15 AM
That number of cats would need about 50 lbs of food a day, and that looked like an 8 lb bag. But they did look reasonably healthy. I can't deal with 13, let alone 130!

Craftlady
08-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Animal cruelty, plain and simple.
Poor cats.
I couldnt watch the video either.