PDA

View Full Version : Karen, I humbly apologize.....

RICHARD
08-09-2007, 07:28 PM
A month ago you were lamenting the loss of a fridge and the hassles of the new one.

Humor me for a second.

A month ago my mom's fridge went buh- bye.....Luckily we were able to get a pretty new/used model from the company I work for. It was used in an office so there wasn't the funky stuff that a family would grow inside it.

Sunday night the dryer went belly up.

I turned it on and knew the belt that drives the motor had broke.

When I looked at the model I saw it was a MAYTAG...

So, I knew you might have had something to do with both machines after I poked fun at your MAYTAG man.

I was able to cut out the Maytag man and fix it myself.....So, I got a little revenge for you..

Again, my humblest apologies and I promise never to poke fun at anyone's appliance problems. :o

P.S. I did find my old drivers license in the fan that blows out the hot air.... :D

Karen
08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Hee hee, the revenge of the appliances. Sigh - Maytag USED to be a good brand, I hope your dryer is a good one, before the current "planned obsolescene" regimen sems to have hit the appliance industry.

dukedogsmom
08-09-2007, 08:52 PM
P.S. I did find my old drivers license in the fan that blows out the hot air.... :D
Ah, so it was competing with you? I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist :p

Hee hee, the revenge of the appliances. Sigh - Maytag USED to be a good brand, I hope your dryer is a good one, before the current "planned obsolescene" regimen sems to have hit the appliance industry.
Karen, they've probably done what Black and Decker did a few years ago, sold their name! I think that should be illegal. Now, when you buy something from what used to be a reputable company, you never know if it's going to last or not.

king2005
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM

I thought Maytag was still #1 for washer/Dryer??
Thats where it is on the stats I see here in Canada, so I cannot see Maytag being poop in the USA :confused:

Also Samsung makes most or all of a Maytag washer/dryer (I forget all the details) & Samsung is #3 on the list.

Karen
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
We bought a Maytag washer - it died in less than 5 years. We bought another - less than three - the tub rotted out in several places. There are only two of us, so we probably do far less laundry than a normal household. We won't buy another Maytag, that's for sure.

king2005
08-10-2007, 10:54 AM
We bought a Maytag washer - it died in less than 5 years. We bought another - less than three - the tub rotted out in several places. There are only two of us, so we probably do far less laundry than a normal household. We won't buy another Maytag, that's for sure.

Wow that really is poopy product!

wombat2u2004
08-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't need to buy a dishwasher.....I live with one ...HAH !!!!! :D
She's wonderful (God bless her little bum !!!)
Wom

jazzcat
08-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey, watch what you say about appliance repairmen. My parents owned an appliance store until they retired and my Dad was one heck of a repairman - minus the low pants/crack showing thing, LOL. He's always worn his pants too high. ;)

Glad to hear you are so handy Richard. My Richard is too. He replaced both belts on my washing maching last fall and even reworked the control panel this winter. Of course he got experience after working two summers for my parents during college. The down side of that is my washer and dryer are 25 years old (a used set my Dad fixed up for us back in 1992) and between Richard and my Dad they keep those noisey ugly things running. I'll never get a new set!