PDA

View Full Version : Oh my! What a stinky mistake...

Catsnclay
08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh my!! :eek: What a stinky mistake I made!!

Since Taz is now out of quarentine, I thought we would have a little 'getting-to-know-me' party for him.

Went to the store and bought some Whiskas Purrfectly Fish - in a pouch food. Since Taz is still on baby food, I thought I'd mix a little with everyone's food for a little treat.......

Opened the pouch - :eek: OH my Goodness!!!! :eek: I am not a fish person to begin with but the smell almost knocked me over - UGH!!!! But almost instantly I had 3 cats clinging to me trying to get what was in my hand :rolleyes: purring and meowing. So with one hand holding my nose shut & holding my breath, I preceeded to put a little taste on each dinner. Yum......or so they thought.....dinner was gobbled up by all three with each of them licking their lips for hours afterwards.

Well............... I thought the food in the pouch was stinky .. :eek: .. let me tell you about our litterboxes today......talk about wanting to puke! :rolleyes:

OMG! I had to re-live that smell, plus some all over again today........but naturally at different times of the day & in different rooms of the house :rolleyes: :p

I still have that opened pouch in the fridge, not so sure I'm going to do with it............live throught this all week, or in the dumpster we go.......;)

jenluckenbach
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
ROTFLOL!

Sorry to laugh at your predicament, but the CATS had fun, I am sure. :p :rolleyes:

catmandu
08-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Thats so true the smellier the food the more the Cats love it. My Dear Mother bought some food from Quebec that she was sure as you were was rancid. But George begged so she had to feed him outside. George actually had Cats coming over as the food was a Cat Magnet.
Clarence and Thomas both came over and wanted that foood.
My Mother was only too happy to get rid of it.

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I hate the smell of stinky fish too but your story is so funny.:)

Catty1
08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Every so often, I ask Oscar or Cole if they were a "stinky boy" today.

I keep the box clean, and the litter is great, and the box is in a closet with sliding doors...and the closet is in my home office...and every so often... especially with Whiskas Catmilk!....

One of the perks of working at home! :D

Laura's Babies
08-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry..... but I got a good laugh out of the vision of all of this and that litter box scent drifting throughout the house... The cat is sitting there so proud going... "YESSSSSSS! That was a good one!"

jazzcat
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
LOL, have to laugh too. I've been there before and it's no fun. As much as my guys love some of the treats I'm not suffering through it *twice*.

Fuzzybuns
08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
:D So sorry but that is funny!

We just got a sample of it the other day and only one of the three actually liked it. Churchy went around to all the plates and eventually ate it all himself. He had a few gaseous bouts in the box too. One of the boxes is in here in my office and he had me running for fresh air a few times. You know it's bad though when people across the house start commenting between gasps, lol.

moosmom
08-10-2007, 05:37 AM
that litter box scent drifting throughout the house... The cat is sitting there so proud going... "YESSSSSSS! That was a good one!"

Laura's Babies,

I can just picture the cat in the box saying, "Aaahhhhh" as he takes his stinky dump with the look of relief on his face.

ROFLMAO!!!

Medusa
08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
I'm getting sick just reading about it. Thanx for the heads up. :p

K & L
08-10-2007, 06:40 AM
This is too funny! Would you PLEASE post more pictures of Taz? :) Since the ringworm epidemic we have yet to meet him!

catlover4ever
08-10-2007, 07:26 AM
My first thought when I saw the title was that you had mistakenly picked up a skunk instead of one of the cats, but then I read your story and boy can I relate to that one. :) :) I have a really hard time with fishy smelling food, and then if they don't eat all of it :rolleyes:

Speaking of smelly litter boxes, I was on the treadmill in the basement two days ago doing my workout and Smokey comes down, uses his box, and proceedes to speed up the stair.....well after about 1 minute I knew why he sped up the stairs....I had to run upstairs too....PHEW!!! :eek:

catmandu
08-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Joseph threw up again in the Car as he dis lat week. But this time we were ready for him with a plastic sheet. And he provided a stool sample there and back even though one was not actually required. I think My Best Friend was trying to be helpful, or giving his opinion on car rides.