PDA

View Full Version : I still have An Ouchie Mouth Sad JJJ3.

catmandu
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101851.jpg
Hes going back to the Vets as he still winces at even broken up Whiskas Temptations. And Precious is keeping him company as shes been losing weight and her teeth need cleaning. I know the Pet Visitors will be there for them but some Pet Talk Prayers would be appreciated by us all.
Thank You.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu//th_cats101791.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=8e1904fe.pbw)

Medusa
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh goodness, we'll get those prayers started right away. After all, your Pet Angels sure look after my fur posse, so it's the least we can do.

Laura's Babies
08-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Goodness. Is he able to eat anything? His mouth should be healing but it could be he has to learn how to eat without teeth. I would still have him checked to make sure there isn't a problem.

Edwina's Secretary
08-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I'll be thinking of you precious boy....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p9f9101068a10e44d6e96e4a9af24d294/e919bc7b.jpg
XOXOXOXOXOXO

catmandu
08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Joseph hasnt lost any teeth and hes eating canned food now so he certainly wont go hungry. But I know it hurts him not to have his Beloved Whiskas Temptations.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101991.jpg
Thank You My Dear HH Lady Edwina Rose I knew you would be in my corner. And dont think that I didnt notice that you ordered all soft foods at the Edgewater so I wouldnt feel badly. That was so considerate of you dearest.

Pawla
08-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Joseph, I sure hope you feel better soon! I know your Daddy will give you extra Temptations as soon as your able to enjoy them. Prayers are headed your way from me and Squeak in Tennessee.

Bengalz
08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Aw poor Joseph - no Temptations ... this can't be good :( Prayers for you sweetie and hope things go well at the whitecoats :)

Eve sends headbumpies - going to the Hopsbittle is no fun!

CultureJunky
08-09-2007, 02:51 AM
Now that's just no good is it Joseph, no temptations and pain when eating them, I hope you get better at the vets and they help you with your teeth problems, I have a sweet tooth too, and I know it's furstrating when you can't eat the treats you like, I'm thinking of you JJJ3

catmandu
08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
He had some Temptations this morning, one at a time and he ate them all. It might be one tooth thats bothering him as he eats them on the one side of his mouth carefully.
I am concerned with Precious as she has been throwing up.
I dont want her to join Shemp Angel just yet, as I will miss my girl.
Shes so affectinoate and is a little dear one.

lvpets2002
08-09-2007, 10:16 AM
;) Hang in there wittle one JJJ3.. Auntie Helene is sending some yummy soft food from Tx.. Let us know what the Vet says.. Bigg Huggs Kissess Prayers..

Randi
08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Joseph, I wish you all the best at the vet, hope he'll sort out your problem and you'll be able to eat your favourite treats again! :) And poor little Precious, she seems to need a check-up also. Hope it's nothing serious.

Get better soon, both of you!

kb2yjx
08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
All the Clan have folded their paws and bowed their heads in prayer for JJJ3 and Princess.....

catfamily
08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
prayers on the way Gary from me and Mike for Joeseph.Teeth and gum problems seem to be the biggest problem for cats.
i try to get their teeth cleaned every few years and when they get into their senior years..i have them get their teeth cleaned/pulled more often to enure longer life without pain.Costs fortune though.

phesina
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
We are all praying for dear Joseph and sweet Precious and sending loads of love and healing strengthening energies...

Love, purrs, and skritches,
Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Pat

And Priscilla Angel will be right there with them when they are being checked out and treated!

cassiesmom
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
We are all praying for dear Joseph and sweet Precious and sending loads of love ...
Same here

momcat
08-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Prayers are already being prayed.....

Catty1
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Gary - you might want to check with your vet as to the best type of Dental Treat for cats. They can be a great preventative.

1. Meditreats are very good; they are nutritious and they help the teeth, and are quite small. Your vet should carry them.
2. Using a special "dental" food as treats; they help keep the teeth clean. Greenies are good, but got a bashing lately, though I can't recall why. I would avoid commercial treats that are junk food and add "tartar control" as a selling point. (Pounce, Temptations, Whiskas etc)
3. Soft treats might encourage the buildup of tartar, which is what eventually leads to the following conditions.

WHAT IS GINGIVITIS?

Gingivitis is the inflammation and infection of the gums due to both plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth. It will be evident by the gums being red and puffy, and they may be bleeding. The cat may show signs of having a sore mouth, drool more than normal and have bad breath. If left untreated gingivitis will lead to periodontitis. Gingivitis can also cause cavities along the gum line called neck lesion. These are very painful and should have fillings put in them or the teeth will be lost to decay.

WHAT IS PERIODONTITIS?

The bacteria that get under the gum line and cause gingivitis, if not treated, will cause deeper infection and breakdown of the structures and tissues that hold the teeth in the root socket. This is called periodontitis or periodontal disease. At this point the gums will be receding and there will likely be some bleeding and a foul odour from the mouth. There will often be pus present under the gum. If left untreated the infection will cause the bone of the tooth socket to resorb and recede. This results in the root of the tooth becoming exposed. There is a pocket where food and bacteria collect. Soon the tooth will become loose and cause severe pain and will have to be extracted. The bacteria causing the infection can get into bloodstream causing a bacteremia or blood poisoning. This can lead to serious problems such as heart and kidney disease.

Some cats can develop another severe dental disease called stomatitis, which is the formation of painful ulcers in the mouth. This condition can accompany severe gingivitis and periodontitis, or it can occur because of other diseases such as calicivirus, feline leukemia virus, and feline immunodeficiency virus. Every cat with stomatitis should be tested for these viruses.

Medusa
08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Gary, Dr. Lee gave me toothpaste for the fur posse and it tastes like chicken. LOL Truly, it does. And I have a "toothbrush" that fits over my index finger w/little rubber bristles on it; for lack of a better word, it fits like a condom. (Sorry but that's the best way I can describe it.) And I only have to brush a few times and it gets their teeth clean and they don't fight me. You might want to ask your vet about it and give it a whirl.

catmandu
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Thank You All for that excellent advice.
Josephs feeling a lot better now and is crunching the Eukanuba with gusto!
I am waiting from a report from My Vet and will ask for more advice when it comes!
Joseph sends a Big MEEEOWW to you All especially His Aunt Helene in Texas.
And of course HH Lady Edwina Rose.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101937.jpg
I am a Happy Cat.