PDA

View Full Version : Meet Phinny

aki
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20070808-9999-1mc8cat.html

ESCONDIDO - He looks like your standard alley cat, nothing to write home about.
But officials at the Escondido Humane Society say he is a rare specimen, “a once-in-a-lifetime” cat like none they have ever seen before. They call him Phinny, for phenomenon.

It wasn't until they were ready to spay Phinny that they found out he needed neutering instead. And that's how he got his name.

Phinny, you see, is a male tortoiseshell, a tricolor cat. He's not quite the missing link in the cat world, but is undoubtedly a rare quirk of nature, for reasons of genetics.

*cont*

Laura's Babies
08-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow! How odd!

Medusa
08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Wow! Are you keeping him?

catmandu
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Phinny truly is a Cat In a Millionand we hope that you keep him as he looks like a Great Companion Cat to me.
But some of those comments especially the jerk that joked about throwing Cats in pillow cases off of bridges left me angry. I hope he falls off a bridge into traffic.

Freedom
08-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I've read about them, never even saw a photo of one before. (Of course, you can't tell in teh photo the cat is a "HE" but anyhow.)

I am surprised they bothered to neuter him; they are usually sterile.

What a find!

Catty1
08-08-2007, 07:57 PM
aki just posted a newspaper article about him...said nothing about adopting him. :)

Freedom...I wonder if their pee stinks as much as that of a full tom if they don't neuter him? That might have been why...that's an interesting question, though.

ETA: Gary, I read through the posts below the article, and that remark was quoted by another poster - who agreed that ignorance was not unusual these days.

The original poster, "Mr Sensitive", seems to have had his original message removed. He did post that "irritating animal rights freaks makes me h***y". Just a troll who wants attention. He'll never be truly happy, so will get his in spades! (or is that 'spayeds'?)

aki
08-09-2007, 02:18 PM
yah, that's a long drive from michigan

:D

orangemm
08-09-2007, 02:44 PM
The link does say he is available for adoption. I would love to have this guy!