PDA

View Full Version : the HEAT in Pittsburgh

davidpizzica
08-08-2007, 01:52 AM
As I type this it's 78 degrees in Pittsburgh. The heat index is 80 degrees. The forecast is for a high of 91 degrees which ties a record for today. This coupled with the high humidity Pittsburgh is known for and you have a vey opressive day. Pittsburgh isn't used to this!

Miss Z
08-08-2007, 04:42 AM
Send some of that heat my way! The weather isn't particularly great here. At least today we have blue skies, but it isn't very warm out. I haven't done ANY sunbathing yet this summer! :eek: :D

Alysser
08-08-2007, 04:55 AM
I can't even go to Six Flag: Great Adventure, because it's to damn hot out. I haven't been there in over a month. It's just way to humid to walk around. Off to the air-conditioned mall again. ;) :p

chocolatepuppy
08-08-2007, 04:58 AM
90* here in NE Ohio today David. The humidity has been unbearable! You can't even breathe if you step out the door. And yesterday was one storm after another.I hope it ends soon.

Pam
08-08-2007, 05:41 AM
David, a high of 98 with a heat index of 105 is predicted for today here (10 miles south of Philadelphia). Some thunderstorms are expected to roll through today and tomorrow it will *cool off* and only go up to 90. :p My grass is looking forward to the storms!

Rachel
08-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Sorry, but the storms here haven't cut the heat any, just added some more humidity. Feels like there is no oxygen in the air. We've had the same heat index here. I don't go out much.

Craftlady
08-08-2007, 07:45 AM
99 degree's here in Kentucky for our high. It was 85 degree's at 11 p.m. last night. :(
Heat index will be up to 110. There are heat warnings out from Cincinnati, Ohio down to Northern KY.
It's been HOT all last week and just getting worse. :o

sparks19
08-08-2007, 09:40 AM
UGH I hear ya..... in Lancaster it's a high of 97 and the humidity is unreal. It feels like ten pounds when you walk outside. I will stay in with my AC thank you very much :D

catnapper
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Yup, it was 105 degrees yesterday with the heat index. Too hot!!!

My window AC units are making little impact on the heat. Especially the ancient one I have in my bedroom (thank goodness for ceiling fans)

jazzcat
08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
We are suppose to be 96 here in Knoxville today with a heat index of 103+. I hate humidity! I can handle dry heat better but of course when it's over 100 hot is just hot, wet or dry.

I'm about to head out to my Dad's where I know he will want me to do some stuff in his garden this afternoon. Wish me luck that I don't pass out from the heat.

angelbow20
08-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Its been horrible in this part of Pa also... The other day the high was 107 and with the humidity it was 10 times worse!!! Today its already 93 and feeling like atleast 97 outside but im sure the heat will go up as the day goes on. My poor dogs cant even handle the heat and Gracie has been throwing up :( The humidity makes it 100 times worse out!

mruffruff
08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
South Carolina is setting records. 102 yesterday with 87% humidity. No relief until Saturday. Walking out the door feels like getting slapped in the face with a wet wool blanket. The electric company says it can handle the power requirements. But can we handle the bills?

I feel so sorry for the animals that have to stay outside and especially for the people who don't have air conditioning at all. Many poor people don't even have fans. The city has opened "cooling stations" where people can go to cool off and opened swimming pools to the public at no charge.

The last time it was this hot on this date was 1900.

Daisy and Delilah
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I can't even go outside except to go to the car for work. In 2 seconds flat, I have the AC in the car going as high as it will go and I ride to work all the way like that. It's unbearable and pretty much normal for summer here. Stay cool everyone!! :)

davidpizzica
08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Send some of that heat my way! The weather isn't particularly great here. At least today we have blue skies, but it isn't very warm out. I haven't done ANY sunbathing yet this summer! :eek: :D
Miss Z, I'll gladly send ALL of this hot & humid weather your way, and so would a lot of other people here in the U.S.! You can send us some of that cooler weather you have. That will be a relief.