PDA

View Full Version : Angus, New Friend, New Life on RB.

dionne
08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
(I wasn't sure which memorial to post in, so I did both. I hope no one minds :( )

This morning, as I let myself in to my boyfriend's parents house, I found their dog, Angus on the floor in a puddle of his own blood. Jan, Sean's mother, was immediately called home by myself to take him to the vet. He was still alive at this point.

The vet found out that his liver and kidneys had failed, and his heart was next. By this point, Sean's dad had gotten to the vet and Jan and John made the hard decision to have him PTS.

I have only been friends with this dog for about 8 months, and just recently he had quit barking at me when I arrived, and then moved onto letting me take him outside, and finally greeting me when I came inside and going to the room I was in for pets. I started to gain a huge attachment as this mutual "trust" grew with Angus, as I tend to do with animals.

I knew the dog was in bad condition, he was old...but if I had just cleaned up the blood and kept my mouth shut, maybe they would have had more time with their dog. That's wrong to feel that way I know because I could imagine he was suffering, but it's just...I don't know. I just hoped that he would have been ok, I mean when I had let him out this morning, he got up the patio steps better than he has been lately. I had no idea that he was at the point to be pts...Angus was only 12.

Angus, I know you are well and whole in RB. May you herd as many sheeps as you can! From begging for dinner scraps, to the little dance you do before you climb the porch steps, you will be deeply missed.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/dionne_verba/angus.png

Kalei
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Aw what a sad story:( It must have been awful seeing Angus lying in his own blood. But don't worry, you did the right thing. Now he is suffering no longer. He could've been suffereing alot and just didn't show it. Alot of animals will hide that they are in pain just because they don't want their owner to worry about them or have them put to sleep.

I think now Angus is running freely at the Rainbow Bridge with a big smile on his face:)