PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Mazda Truck...question

Catty1
08-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I went online and found out how to replace the burned out dash lights on my Corolla.

I bumped into a friend today who has a 1988 Mazda Truck...and the dash lights in it flicker on and off...ribbon connector or something might be loose, but everything looks sealed under the hood, and he can't figure out how to access the problem.

Anyone know where I might find a schematic or description online that I don't have to pay for? Or - how to access wiring under the hood?
Thanks!

Lady's Human
08-08-2007, 12:15 AM
To access the dash lights you have to remove the bezel from around the instrument panel. It's usually 4-6 screws, the heads will be behind plastic buttons on the inside of the bezel. Remove the Bezel, the instrument panel will be exposed, and you should be able to unscrew the instrument panel and see if there's a loose connection.

wombat2u2004
08-08-2007, 06:59 AM
What kind of Mazda truck is it Candace ????? Is it the single or double cab pickup ???
If it is, it's probably what we call the Mazda B2200 or B2000.
If you do a search for those models, then you may find a schematic diagram, or alternatively, do a search on the Ford Courier.....exactly the same vehicle, as Mazda manufactured them for Ford.
I don't know if your model names are the same as ours, but if you search those models out, you may be able to bring up some Aussie sites that will help you.
I owned one of those for 15 years from new....I know a bit about them, but nothing really about the dashboard or the electrics behind.
Just a thought tho.....has he tried replacing the fuse ???? Or cleaning the fuse terminals.....that may be the problem....also loose fuse terminals can cause that problem.
Wom