PDA

View Full Version : Good Thoughts for Bella *Spay day tomorrow* Update post 10. She's home

kittycats_delight
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, Miss Bella is going in tomorrow morning at 9:30 to be spayed. It is midnight here now and I am already extremely nervous. She is sooo small and I guess I am being a typical meowmie worrying. Please keep Bella in your thoughts tomorrow that her spay goes off without a hitch and she has a quick recovery. No more heats and no more babies for this one time stray.

thanks guys, we really appreciate it.
Michelle & Bella

Catty1
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Prayers and hugs for Bella and her worried meowmie!

Hope all goes well - I am sure it will.

:)

catmandu
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
No worries there Michelle as the spay operation is one of the safest anywhere. And some Pet Angels will fly in from the Algarve in Portugal to give Bella some moral support. Dont worry she will be home by dinner time.

Laura's Babies
08-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I know how you feel! Most of us have been where you are and know how worried you are. Good Luck Bella!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm sure that everything will go well.:) I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

caffeitina
08-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Hi Michelle. Good luck to you...and to little miss Bella. I'm sure you both will be just fine :) Bella might need a little extra love and attention afterward, but being the good Meowme you are I'm sure you'll be happy to accomodate that ;)

Let us know how it goes.

Medusa
08-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Bella is on my list for prayers. She'll be fine, Mom. :)

Bengalz
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
We will be thinking about you and Bella today. She will definitely need some extra hugs and snuggles when she gets home.

JenBKR
08-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Bella's spay is probably over now, but just sending some belated prayers over. How did everything go?

kittycats_delight
08-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Sorry so late on the update guys. We got home about an hour ago. Took me a little while to get her bed and stuff ready after we got home so that's why I was delayed.

She had a spay and all went well. She was in heat but the vet said it is extremely common her in the mediterranean cause of the heat. She said usually they go into a perpetual heat starting in February and ending in late September and only going out once they are either pregnant or spayed. She said she came through without a hitch and all went perfect. Textbook spay. She was given a shot of long lasting painkillers before we left that will last her 12 hours. She is quite loopy. She is confined to a small room and I set up the big carrier with a big 'dog' cushion inside and gave her a little bit of food. She just nibbled on that. She is quite calm and relaxed. You can tell she is uncomfortable by the way she is walking though. Poor little girl. She is only 2.8 kgs or 6 lbs. Little thing compared to the other 2 monsters we have. Vixen and Phoenix are both 5.5 kgs or 12 lbs each. And even little Vega who is only 5 months old is almost as heavy. But enough jabbering.

Anyway she is settled down and doing well. I will be keeping check on her often to make sure she is ok and doesn't need anything. Bella says thank you so much PT for all the prayers and good thoughts. :) They really helped. And she wants me to tell Gary that a whole crew of Angels were there with her and it made things so much easier. Thanks Uncle Gary for sending the angels.

Thank you all.
Hugs and headbumpies
Michelle & Bella

Laura's Babies
08-08-2007, 11:33 AM
GREAT!!! She will be back to normal in no time! I know you already feel better!

Catty1
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Good news! Bella, you will feel better soon...widdle tiny girl.

And no more birthing pains.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your meowmy!

JenBKR
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Great news! Glad Bella is doing well :)

catmandu
08-08-2007, 05:28 PM
The Pet Angels Visitation Squad si made up of all Our Pet Angels not just the Found and Porch Cats so no thanks are necessary Bella. They go where a Pet needs comforting at the Vets or to shelters where the Potential Pets are lonely and afraid.
And they are there when time runs out to take that Sad Pet to Paradise where they will never be lonely again.

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she's home and that eveything went well.:) I hope that she'll recover quickly.

caffeitina
08-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Good to hear Bella's spay went well and that she's back home doing OK. Sounds like she'll soon make a full recovery :) and no more heat ever again...which is good for both of you ;)