PDA

View Full Version : Crate Size Question

NicoleLJ
08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Have a bit of a problem that I am hoping you all can help me with. I am trying to figure out what size kennels to buy for the pups. Two of the pups are flying to their new homes. They will be leaving when they are almost 9 weeks old. Sheena came to me in a Kennel that was 15inchs by 13 inchs by 22 inchs.

At the rate these pups are growing I am unsure that this will be big enough. 2 of my boys are just shy of 6 pounds and they just turned 4 weeks today. I don't want to get crates that end up being too small for when they finally fly. But then I don't want to get crates that will be too large either.

We plan to get the crates on Friday because we will be starting to get them used to them when they are about 5 1/2 weeks old. Just 5 minutes at a time at first with the door open and some food inside.

Anyway what size crate do you think I should purchase that is airline approved and the right size?
Nicole & Sheena & puppies

Husky_mom
08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I would suggest wait till last minute as one can not know how fast will they be growing, but you can get a crate that fits them now (borrowed even) so the get used to it and when time comes they´ll be just fine in a bigger one.....

NicoleLJ
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks. I think that is what I will do. I have several different sizes here, thanks to my years fostering, so I will use one or two of those to get them used to their crate times and then when it gets closer get teh size I will need. Thanks a ton.
Nicole & Sheena & puppies

Husky_mom
08-07-2007, 06:03 PM
no prob........ I just assumed it would be better if you already had some, than buying new ones just to find out they don´t fit at the last minute....

whatever you need......