PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get a little nervous

sparks19
08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Well my sisters wedding is this weekend. I took my dress in a couple weeks ago for alterations. it's costing a fortune to get it done too. Almost as much as the dang dress cost me in the first place.

Anyway.... the dress place calls yesterday and says "Can you come in tomorrow for a fitting..... we are going to put the side panels in tomorrow and need to know how much you have grown." I say "tomorrow? Not really and if I can it won't be until after 5 and I MUST have the dress by Wednesday." She says "Oh um OK.... well the dress will be done by wednesday..... the seamstress is coming in tomorrow just to work on your dress. Do you have a tape measure you can measure your belly and your bust with?" So I measure myself and give her the numbers. so they are altering my dress TODAY based on the numbers I gave them even though I thought we had already gone over the measurements and everything when I took the dress in. NOW I am worried my measurements were incorrect and the dress isn't going to fit.

Grrrr i will just feel so much better once all this wedding nonsense is over with lol..... it's not even my wedding and it's causing us so much stress. GOD I hope the dress fits.

Karen
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I am guessing they have dealt with pregnant bridesmaids before, and will err on the side of extra fabric, not too little!

sparks19
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I am guessing they have dealt with pregnant bridesmaids before, and will err on the side of extra fabric, not too little!

I hope so..... I was just surprised to find out that the day before I have to pick up the dress that they hadn't even started working on it yet :(

Karen
08-07-2007, 03:31 PM
But that's probably BECAUSE you are a pregnant bridesmaid - they wanted to wait until the last possible minute, because your dimensions change day by day!

sparks19
08-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Well it turns out now the dress is done. Now the new problem is I HAVE to pick it up tonight.... I JUST spoke to her yesterday and confirmed that pick up would be wednesday and she said no problem.... so hubby arranged to do his late night tonight instead of tomorrow (he has to work late one night this week because he is off on friday) She just called me 10 minutes ago and says "dress is done canyou come get it now." I said "No because hubby is working late out of town. We weren't supposed to pick it up until tomorrow so we arranged our work schedules that way" and she says "Oh well I am closed tomorrow"

She didn't think to mention this to me YESTERDAY? lol

Oh well.... hubby is now leaving work early and hopefully he can get here before 6 so we can get that dress..... or I am up the proverbial creek without a paddle. lol

I guess worst case scenario with the size is it's just a little tight. I was still able to get the dress fully zipped when I took it in and I haven't really grown much since then. So worse comes to worse I will just have to take shallow breaths all day :D I just really hope I can get there before she closes tonight to get the dress.

jennielynn1970
08-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Did you try it on?? Did it fit? Hopefully you will NOT have to do the shallow breathing, lol.

Freedom
08-08-2007, 08:30 AM
What happened? Did you get it? How's it fit??

wombat2u2004
08-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey Sparksy............if the dress isn't ready, maybe you can put on your back to front pants !!!!! HAH !!!!
Now, that would look quite stylish.....LOLOLOL :p :p
Wom

sparks19
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
LOL Wom..... you shush.

I did get the dress. UMMMMM..... well I don't have to do the shallow breathing :D

She had to take in the top part a bit..... they ended up just making a whole new top piece because I was falling out of the old one lol. But it is a bit big.... the seamstress wasn't there when we went to pick up the dress so the only thing the owner knows how to do is darting so she folded up each side of the bust. It's a bit better but I'm thinking I may have to take one of my old bras and pin it inside to give me a little extra.... support.

But it will work for the day :D