PDA

View Full Version : Dog Abuser Gets His Abused Dog Back

elizabethann
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
WTF? This guy has to READ A BOOK on how to care for a dog??!!

The judge is a moron!

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13826440/detail.html

mrspunkysmom
08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree. I'm so speechless I don't know what to say.

Karen
08-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Wait - we don't know the guy involved, and maybe he can be rehabilitated, and made to understand what dog ownership is all about. As long as he and the dog are very closely supervised, I think it might be worth a chance. Not everyone grows up being taught how to love and care for animals, but it can BE taught.

inlovewithanimals
08-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I think he's nuts to give the dog back!!!!!

Justin,

moosmom
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Yet another reason why I can't stand lawyers. That judge is an idiot. I hope the ruling is overturned. I only wish I lived in Ohio. I'd be there every day with all the other outraged activists.

lizbud
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Wait - we don't know the guy involved, and maybe he can be rehabilitated, and made to understand what dog ownership is all about. As long as he and the dog are very closely supervised, I think it might be worth a chance. Not everyone grows up being taught how to love and care for animals, but it can BE taught.

This may be true but, "read a book on dog care"?. Is he going to give him
a test later? Don't think so. Better to have the guy attend classes for 6-8
weeks to get a sense of just how dumb this guy is. His tescher can report
back to the judge.

Catty1
08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I clicked on the link, and ALSO clicked the link that said it was a list of the judge's conditions:

Court Order To Return China To Otis Clark
[NEWSVINE: Court Order To Return China To Otis Clark]

The dog owned by defendant Otis Clark is to be returned to defendant Otis Clark under the following conditions:

1. The dog is licensed

2. The dog is not to be tied

3. The dog is to be vet checked every 90 days and results given to Mr Clark's probation officer. If the dog is not being properly cared for, it would constitute a probation violation. The first vet check is to be done on or about November 2, 2007. Failure to do the required vet checks would be a probation violation.

4. Mr Clark will be subject to random home visits by the probation department. If the probation officer finds that the dog is not being properly cared for it would constitute a probation violation.

5. Mr Clark is to make full restitution to the Humane Society, the payments are to be made in accordance with the payment agreement established through the probation department. Failure to make the agreed payments will constitute a probation violation.

6. Mr Clark is to read the book on dog care given to him by the court.

The dog is to be returned to defendant Otis Clark once the dog is licensed. If Mr Clark does not comply with the orders of the court or the terms of community control the dog will be forfeited and Mr Clark will face the possibility of 180 days of incarceration

Hardly just reading a book on dog care.