PDA

View Full Version : Father-In-Law needs a few PT prayers *update post 11*

kittycats_delight
08-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, my father-in-law went for tests a few days ago and he has an enlarged heart. They changed his meds and added a couple of others and now today he is quite ill. Both hubby and his brother think he is having a heart attack. We are right now waiting for an ambulance. Please pass on a few prayers for him. He could use them. He has never really been ill and this seems that it could be quite serious. Thank you all in advance and I will update as soon as I know something else.

Michelle, Guido, and Giulio(BIL)

Catty1
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Prayers and good thoughts are being sent your way. I hope he improves and gets well soon.

HUGS

Alysser
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I hope he's OK. I'll be thinking of you guys, Michelle.

kimlovescats
08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I hope it's not a heart attack or anything serious! Maybe it's a reaction to his new meds!!! Sending a prayer for him right now!

Kim

Felicia's Mom
08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Your FIL is in my prayers!

orangemm
08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Lots of prayers for your FIL, Michelle. He must be so frightened (like all of you). Please keep us updated on his condition.

(((hugs)))

Karen
08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Prayers on the way!

phesina
08-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Prayers for your father-in-law, and the rest of your family, are being said.

Hugs,
Pat

moosmom
08-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Michelle,

Thoughts and prayers are coming your way for your FIL.

catmandu
08-06-2007, 05:34 PM
We are sending prayers for your Father In Law and hope that they can help him through surgery or medications.
An enlarged heart cut short my Fathers life and we pray that that gentleman can survive.
Prayers are coming from us all.

kittycats_delight
08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
well my BIL Giulio has been keeping us updated via text messages and phone calls. Guido is not a very strong one when it comes to hospitals since he lost his mom at 16. He will only go if it is a MUST. He has yet to be admitted. He has been seen by 101 doctors of every kind. He has had a cat scan, an ekg, bllod work, ultrasound and a is now being seen by the ear, nose and throat doctor. So far everything is normal. They can't see a thing wrong. There is no signs of him having had a heart attack or of him having one. They are not sure what happened. The cordiologist that seen him suggested that do to the recent information that he found out about his heart being enlarged that the stress and worry and fear may have lead him to have an anxiety attack which he misread as a heart attack. Sounds pretty possible to all of us too as he has been stressing a huge amount since he found out. So as it seems...so far everything is fine and he should be coming home sometime tonight after another 101 doctors see him and they are 101% sure he is ok. He is 73 so better to be safe than sorry. Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to us.

(((HUGS))) to all
Michelle

moosmom
08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Michelle,

Angina (anxiety) is very often mistaken for a heart attack because there's a crushing pain in the chest with pain in the arm and hyperventilation. Usually, doctors will prescribe nitro glycerine when an episode occurs.

My friend has them all the time. She had a stress test done last week and they determined it was anxiety. I showed her how to control her breathing by breathing into a paperbag.

I'm glad he's okay.

Catty1
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Michelle, I am so glad that everything has checked out, and he'll be home soon.

I hope he'll be able to relax now, and the new meds will help him feel better. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Michelle, I'm just now seeing this thread.:o I'm glad to hear that your FIL is fine and that he'll be coming home. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I know how scary this can be because my mom was just diagnosed not very long ago with an enlarged heart and she had fluid in her lungs. She's been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and her father died from this. She'll be 71 in Oct.:(

Miss Z
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Can't believe I've only just seen this thread now! :o I'm glad that he's recovering and will be home soon.