PDA

View Full Version : One of those things only PT people could understand..

pitc9
08-06-2007, 10:52 AM
A co-worker of mine just came in to tell me that his family adopted a dog this past weekend and showed me her picture.
She is a 5 year old Husky/Lab mix that was at a local shelter for 5 months and her name is Rachel. (The same kill shelter that my Buddy came from)
He started telling me about what a great dog she is and how they had her out in their yard and she never left their side and doesn't wants to be out of their site for a second! (I told him to be careful because the nawtee side of the Husky might come out one day ;) )

Then... out of no where... my eyes got leaky :o

He asked why I was crying and I said I was just so happy that they saved her life.

It's just one of those things that only people here at PT would ever truly understand just how emotionally satisfying it is to hear such a happy story about an animal that at one time was unwanted.

Freedom
08-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Rachel is such a fortunate puppy! You really gave that person a wake up call to how important it is adopting from a shelter; and that is a GOOD thing!

Now to start dropping hints to that same co-wporker about PT! We want to se her and hear how she grows!

Ginger's Mom
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
You really do start to feel a kind of bond with other people who adopt from shelters, don't you? Congratulations to Rachel on her new home.

Logan
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Angie, I completely understand your tears! :) Happy tears! Aren't they the best kind? :)

Pam
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes I do understand. Everyone in my office is a dog owner/lover and there is just a special bond that develops. You and your co-worker are going to have so many fun conversations in the days/weeks/years ahead! I am so happy for Rachel. I, too, will choose a shelter dog for my next dog (not any time soon though! :D ) I truly do believe they totally understand the whole concept of being rescued and the bond is instantaneous and deep. :)

I love your pretty signature and the multiple shepherd syndrome is a hoot! I guess I have multple poodle syndrome. These are diseases that we don't want cured! ;)

Kater
08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
:D :D :D
Nothing really needs to be said....except-- thanks for sharing, Angie. :)

joycenalex
08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
rock on angie. and in a few weeks give them our addy and an invitation to join us *pats angie on back*

ramanth
08-06-2007, 05:45 PM
AWWW! What a lovely story Angie. I'd get leaky eyes too!

labmomma
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Happy tears are the best and to adopt is absolutely the best thing to do. :)
Labmomma X 2

chocolatepuppy
08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I know what you mean Angie. Today at work a coworker and I were talking about videos of homeless animals and the songs that go with them. We were both wiping our eyes,had to get back to work before we were bawling. :(

K9karen
08-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Been there too. I wouldn't have it any other way.

nancyweNW
08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Understand completley. I can't go into a shelter of any kind w/o bursting into tears because I want them all to have great homes. Good for them!