PDA

View Full Version : lawn decoration?

lute
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Two of my friends came over last night. One of them saw Marley and said "You're not keeping her are you?" I told her I didn't think so. If she was interested we'd take Marley over to her house and see how she got along with her other dogs. Then my friend told me "You don't have to do that. I'll just stick her on that chain I have in the yard. She won't ever be with any other dogs. It won't matter." I was shocked! I told my friend I wanted her to be an inside only dog. She is not an outside dog. Then my friend changed her mind. I was glad. I'd already decided Marley was NOT going home with my friend.

I just don't get it. Why on earth do people think that dogs are just lawn orniments? Something to be stuck on a chain.

Marley is such a good girl. She just fit right into the family. It's like she's always been here. She's the perfect little puppy. If all goes well, Marley may not be going anywhere. My parents have all but said it. :D

Freedom
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh boy ** happy dance in a little circle** Marley is SUCH a lucky lady!

crow_noir
08-07-2007, 01:34 AM
*sigh* Maybe you could print out some literature on chained dogs and give it to your friend. You know... the stuff that mentions how chained dogs are 10 times more likely to turn aggressive.

Yay! That's so cool that Marley is fitting in to your household! :) (at least there's very little chance of her being turned in to the pound :D I was so worried about that.)

Are you keeping an eye on local newspapers to see if someone else is missing her? (and petfinder.com, dog detective, k9amberalert, etc?) Have you posted any ads? (suggestion would be "found female puppy, dark colored, call and describe.") Like you said, she seemed very well cared for.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131562

nancyweNW
08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I've never understood that either.

lute
08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
*sigh* Maybe you could print out some literature on chained dogs and give it to your friend. You know... the stuff that mentions how chained dogs are 10 times more likely to turn aggressive.

Yay! That's so cool that Marley is fitting in to your household! :) (at least there's very little chance of her being turned in to the pound :D I was so worried about that.)

Are you keeping an eye on local newspapers to see if someone else is missing her? (and petfinder.com, dog detective, k9amberalert, etc?) Have you posted any ads? (suggestion would be "found female puppy, dark colored, call and describe.") Like you said, she seemed very well cared for.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131562

There is no chance of Marley going to the pound! It's final! SHE'S STAYING! :D She's a permanent part of the family!....Unless there is an owner. I don't think there is one though. I put a few signs up around where I found her and one up at work(i work at a vet office). I've also looked for lost pet ads. None. I figgerd if someone was looking for her they would be looking pretty hard by now.

I'll get some handouts from dogsdeservebetter.org. I've done it a couple times before.