PDA

View Full Version : Over-Nighters

Jessika
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
This is a small rant... but first a little background. I live in an apartment building in a city that pretty much runs on tourism. In my building there are eight apartments; four below and four above. Only three people actually LIVE in our building, and three rooms are rented out on a nightly/weekly basis.

One of the rooms rented is the apartment next to ours. And I do NOT look forward to every Friday or Sunday, because that's usually when the "over-nighters" get into town.

They usually have kids, and these kids are always loud. When they come in, they S-T-O-M-P up the steps, SLAM doors and cabinets shut, and all the while I can hear EVERYTHING in my apartment next door. Some families with younger kids I can hear the kids shouting from inside the apartment next to us.

One night this went on, LOUD banging and door slamming, stomping up and down the steps, and kids screaming outside my door, almost until 1am!

If you think I'm overexaggerating... I'm really not, lol. In fact, its so bad, last summer I've actually had kids just WALK INTO MY APARTMENT, then leave and leave my door open for my dogs to run out! I now know to keep my door locked at all times because of a few incidents.. and yes, that has happened to us more than once!

And the parents are no better! Most can't park if their lives depended on it! Many park so close to the lines they might as well be taking up two spaces, and I've actually had one over-nighter park diagonally across two spaces every night they were here. I left them a very polite note the first night stating that parking is limited and it isn't appreciated to take up more than one spot.

It just... ARGH! It really frustrates me!

And right now, a new family just came in, and all I can hear is banging. No matter how loud I turn up my music, or TV, or try to drown it out, it still filters through. Since all second-floor apartments are lofts, theres a flight of steps in their apartment adjacent to the wall my computer desk is against, and it seems like all the kids want to do is run up and down the steps.

Ohhh I can not WAIT to get out of here!! :(

PS: if this belongs in the dog house, my apologies :(

moosmom
08-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Jessika,

Apartment living just plain sucks. If I had good credit and a down payment, I'd buy a condo. But that ain't gonna happen.

I'd call the cops. Especially if it's a 1 a.m. There are strict noise ordinances and if they're keeping you up at night, get the police involved.

I hope you get outta there soon! In the meantime, buy earplugs!!!

((((HUGS))))

Donna